PDA

View Full Version : why is the reply button the shape of montana??

Keith7
01-26-2007, 03:34 PM
sorry i havn't been here in awhile.. i was just wondering why the "reply to topic" button is a picture of montana?? or maybe i just didn't get enough sleep lastnight?

Phil C
01-26-2007, 03:35 PM
The great movie The Missouri Breaks with Marlon Brando and Jack Nicolson actually takes place in Montana.

Ranger Mom
01-26-2007, 03:35 PM
KEITH!!!!!!!!

What in the heck are you talking about??

Welcome back!

Keith7
01-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The great movie The Missouri Breaks with Marlon Brando and Jack Nicolson actually takes place in Montana.

hmm very interesting.. I wouldn't be surprised of those two tricksters didn't have something to do with this

LH Panther Mom
I think you've been studying too hard. ;)

DU_stud04
Montana's has some of the best cheddar fries ever. :)

Phil C
01-26-2007, 03:37 PM
More information on the Missouri Breaks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Missouri_River_Breaks_National_Monument

Blastoderm55
This board software is obviously anti-Texas.

crzyjournalist03
Wait...what happened here??? I coulda sworn Keith was ROM!

Welcome back dude!

Phil C
01-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
This board software is obviously anti-Texas.

Actually it is pro-Texas but it is also pro geography and history. :)

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
sorry i havn't been here in awhile.. i was just wondering why the "reply to topic" button is a picture of montana?? or maybe i just didn't get enough sleep lastnight?

LOL!!!! :clap: :clap: :wave:

The Silver Boot series is just around the corner!! :p :D

charlesrixey
01-26-2007, 03:39 PM
geography? is that a topic in school?

;)

that was my major at UTD

pretty sure i am unique in that respect on this board.

Phil C
01-26-2007, 03:40 PM
The famous actor Gary Cooper was from Montana.

Keith7
01-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL!!!! :clap: :clap: :wave:

The Silver Boot series is just around the corner!! :p :D

you are right about that! and the Rangers have loaded up with some serious fire power this offseason.. they are poised to make a run this year for the boot and become that ultimate Champions of Texas

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 03:41 PM
you are right about that! and the Rangers have loaded up with some serious fire power this offseason.. they are poised to make a run this year for the boot and become that ultimate Champions of Texas

Are you allowed to say "fire power" and "Rangers" in the same sentence??? :evillol: :evillol: :p :p

Welcome back.

crzyjournalist03
01-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Are you allowed to say "fire power" and "Rangers" in the same sentence??? :evillol: :evillol: :p :p

Welcome back.

Congrats to all Astros fans on that Carlos Lee deal...

Hope you enjoy an outfielder who can't catch or throw!:evillol:

Phil C
01-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Montana is one of the biggest state in the country. In fact I think that only Alaska, Texas and California (and maybe Michigan) are bigger.

What is strange is that there is no NFL or NBA team in Montana. In fact not in Alaska either even though I can understand Alaska not having an NFL team due to the weather but basketball is indoors. Of course maybe weather stops that too. But considering Michigan and Washington do that makes one wonder. :confused:

Keith7
01-26-2007, 03:47 PM
so people don't think i'm crazy here is a screenshot of what I see.. check out what is supposed to be the reply button at the top right hand part of the page

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8441/montanabw8.jpg

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Congrats to all Astros fans on that Carlos Lee deal...

Hope you enjoy an outfielder who can't catch or throw!:evillol:

Haha - I'm neither a fan of the Astros or Rangers, but I LOVE it when Keith gets people riled up!!! :clap: Who is Carlos Lee and why is he in the MLB if he can't catch or throw? :thinking:

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 03:49 PM
so people don't think i'm crazy here is a screenshot of what I see.. check out what is supposed to be the reply button at the top right hand part of the page

Can't see a pic :(

Keith7
01-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Who is Carlos Lee and why is he in the MLB if he can't catch or throw? :thinking:

he was a player the rangers traded for last season but let go and the astros signed after the season.. he can hit home runs thats why he is in the league... I'm thinkin tom hicks has given him some money to be a spy in the astros organization to help get some info on the boot and what it will take to reclaim it

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 03:51 PM
he was a player the rangers traded for last season but let go and the astros signed after the season.. he can hit home runs thats why he is in the league... I'm thinkin tom hicks has given him some money to be a spy in the astros organization to help get some info on the boot and what it will take to reclaim it

:clap: ROFLMAO!!! :D:D:D:D

Da Mules
01-26-2007, 09:52 PM

Montana has a little bit more jag on the southwest corner than the reply button. I think the button looks more like the 4 Corners.

Da Mules
01-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Montana is one of the biggest state in the country. In fact I think that only Alaska, Texas and California (and maybe Michigan) are bigger.

What is strange is that there is no NFL or NBA team in Montana. In fact not in Alaska either even though I can understand Alaska not having an NFL team due to the weather but basketball is indoors. Of course maybe weather stops that too. But considering Michigan and Washington do that makes one wonder. :confused:

Montaner is the 4th largest state. But ranks only 44th in population. If Billings, Great Falls, Bozeman, and Butte (called Butt-e by us natives) were all lumped together, you'd still less than 200,000 people. Not enuff for a franchise, unless you could get 100% participation. The favorite pro teams in Montana are the Denver Broncos, Seattle, and... Dallas. High school basketball is emphasized much more than football.

piratebg
01-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
High school basketball is emphasized much more than football.

Those poor people. :(

smustangs
01-26-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
Montana's has some of the best cheddar fries ever. :)

when are we goin reuben?

Maroon87
01-26-2007, 10:53 PM

No doubt, Keith. No doubt.:nerd:

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 11:05 PM

Hahahaha!! Sorry funny pic. :evillol:

DU_stud04
01-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
when are we goin reuben? whenever, anytime is a good time for those cheddar fries. :D