PDA

View Full Version : Was this Justice?

Phil C
01-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Five years with parole possible in 16 months doesn't seem like much to me. Maybe ten years and parole in 32 months.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/492333

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 02:30 PM
UNBELIEVABLE!

And here we were talking about that poor boy serving 10 years for having sex with someone 2 years younger than him.

No this was not justice.

zeus63
01-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Should have been 15 to life. It doesn't mater if they meant to kill anyone, the fact is 3 people died. If a drunk driver gets behind the wheel and kills someone that is what they would get, and I think that is basically the same principle here.

mustang04
01-26-2007, 02:49 PM
i think that the university is at fault for not having a sprinkler system installed

zeus63
01-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
i think that the university is at fault for not having a sprinkler system installed

Agreed. However, it is not the universities fault that these idiots started a fire. What the heck did they think was going to happen.

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 02:58 PM

Reggie man, I'm hoping you're not serious...

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 03:01 PM
No, Phil this is not justice. :dispntd: Nothing surprises me anymore. :(

NDFootball
01-26-2007, 03:04 PM

The sad thing is someone could probably sue and win because of some ridiculous claim like that.

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
The sad thing is someone could probably sue and win because of some ridiculous claim like that.

That is the sad thing...

So, say if I get the bird flue while out at work, can I sue them for not having an anti-bird net around the worksite?

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
That is the sad thing...

So, say if I get the bird flue while out at work, can I sue them for not having an anti-bird net around the worksite?

Exactly!! :D :doh:

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 03:11 PM
so basically this fire caused the state to require buildings such as these to have sprinkler systems... that's good, but before then they didn't have to, so no they shouldn't be at fault...

If I go open fire at a mall and kill 200 people, should the mall be sued for not having 20 National guardsmen there???

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Something as flammable as that, I am pretty sure that if the school had a sprinkler system it wouldn't have done much anyway.

I'm not saying there isn't one, but I have never seen a state univ. not have a sprinkler system.

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Something as flammable as that, I am pretty sure that if the school had a sprinkler system it wouldn't have done much anyway.

I'm not saying there isn't one, but I have never seen a state univ. not have a sprinkler system.

well they may have had them, but in this building they didn't...

I dunno, you just can't put the blame on organizations etc... when a dumbass or two is what caused the problem in the first place...

NDFootball
01-26-2007, 03:20 PM

I dunno, you just can't put the blame on organizations etc... when a dumbass or two is what caused the problem in the first place...

Liberals at their finest

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 03:20 PM

True, but someone always finds a way to cast blame somewhere else. Somewhere with deep pockets. :rolleyes:

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 03:21 PM

Oh really, I couldn't agree more.

It was just plain stupid...was it that far down the stairs to take it outside? IF, you had the urge to burn it so bad?

Hell, did their parents never teach them to play with fire number 1, and number 2, CERTAINLY NOT IN THE HOUSE!!

Geez!