PDA

View Full Version : Score Reporting

Bullaholic
01-26-2007, 01:56 PM
What would it take to make the board accomodate text message game score reports? Could they be put up in chat or the regular forum where all of us at other games could access them? Probably going to involve some capabilities that the current software doesn't support, but it is always nice to dream. Would really be something to call in from a game and "pan" all of the reported scores in near realtime.

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 02:02 PM
That would be a cool feature. It would take some $$$, but something to consider. :thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2007, 08:43 PM
:nerd: :nerd: Sounds interesting, but I'm clueless. (Imagine that..... :p ) I think if you have a PDA you can read if I'm not mistaken. Also, if you have internet access on your cell phone, couldn't you get on that way? And then there's the fancy schmancy PDA cell phones. :doh: :nerd:

sinton66
01-26-2007, 09:03 PM
I wonder if there is a subscription service that provides all the scores. Anybody know of one?

Bullaholic
01-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I wonder if there is a subscription service that provides all the scores. Anybody know of one?

66'.....As far as I have been able to discover online there are numerous sites which try to post scores as they are reported, but they seem to be "hit and miss" and not all that timely with updates. Maybe we could have volunteers not attending a game on Friday night and who would be at home, serve as "scoreboard" central and take the scores from posters at the games via phone or email. Then they could all be posted to a designated area on the board and posters could access them via PDA or internet capable cell phones. A lot to think about---I haven't even floated all of these thoughts past any of you board mangement folks----I'm just sort of thinking "outloud", so advise me if you want me to put a hold on this idea until you have a chance to discuss its feasibility or desirability.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-27-2007, 03:33 PM
I have a Treo 650, one of those fancy smancy palm phones and I downloaded some software that will give me just about any movie time, sports scores but not high school (everything else though), AP new stories, I can look up maps and all sorts of cool stuff. I pay like $5.99 a month for it though but it's worth it. I could always post on here with my phone but that wireless internet isn't super fast so it would be a pain.

sinton66
01-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
66'.....As far as I have been able to discover online there are numerous sites which try to post scores as they are reported, but they seem to be "hit and miss" and not all that timely with updates. Maybe we could have volunteers not attending a game on Friday night and who would be at home, serve as "scoreboard" central and take the scores from posters at the games via phone or email. Then they could all be posted to a designated area on the board and posters could access them via PDA or internet capable cell phones. A lot to think about---I haven't even floated all of these thoughts past any of you board mangement folks----I'm just sort of thinking "outloud", so advise me if you want me to put a hold on this idea until you have a chance to discuss its feasibility or desirability.

The mods have been doing this with each other for some time now. It sure wouldn't hurt to get up a "network" of volunteers though. We need someone to take charge of it, are you game? I know that wos1 and wos87 do a fair job on it. Keith7 used to also.

Emerson1
01-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Admin said something about this a couple season ago. Guess it fell through like getting a site