PDA

View Full Version : Class 3a Team Texas

44INAROW
01-26-2007, 12:50 PM
Class 3A Team Texas (http://www.texashsfootball.com/news...3astatewide.htm) Class 3A Individual Awards (http://www.texashsfootball.com/news...aindividual.htm)

Hope the links work.......... Congrats to all :clap: :clap:

darn - try this below

Class 3A Team Texas
http://www.texashsfootball.com/news...3astatewide.htm
Class 3A Individual Awards
http://www.texashsfootball.com/news...aindividual.htm

well crapola - the link works in the PM but not on the forum...... sorry guys..

Blastoderm55
01-26-2007, 12:53 PM
They don't. :p

Try these.

Individual (http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/teamtexas06/3aindividual.htm)

Statewide (http://www.texashsfootball.com/news/teamtexas06/3astatewide.htm)

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 12:56 PM
hmmmmmmmm, I thought Brock Fitzhenry was a QB?? :thinking: He received most outstanding RB.

AND

A big congrats to Zach Adams from Ingleside!! :clap:

TexasHSFootball
01-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
hmmmmmmmm, I thought Brock Fitzhenry was a QB?? :thinking: He received most outstanding RB.

AND

A big congrats to Zach Adams from Ingleside!! :clap:

Brock qualified as a RB based on stats and confirmation with Coach Fitzhenry on several occasions throughout the year and over the last few weeks. Coach Fitzhenry even listed him as a RB to various outlets including me. He is not your typical QB, you can ask anyone that has seen Giddings play.

charlesrixey
01-26-2007, 02:49 PM
he definately is not a typical qb, but i think he could've been first team as a qb anyway

awizzy
01-26-2007, 03:00 PM
i saw most oustading rising star was another McCoy....how many are there?

big daddy russ
01-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Hey Chris, isn't that West kid out of Devine a QB? Or did he play WR?

Never seen him play, I've just heard tons of stuff about him.

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
Brock qualified as a RB based on stats and confirmation with Coach Fitzhenry on several occasions throughout the year and over the last few weeks. Coach Fitzhenry even listed him as a RB to various outlets including me. He is not your typical QB, you can ask anyone that has seen Giddings play.

Oh yeah? Must be nice and I did see him play against Liberty Hill and I'll leave it at that.

Keith7
01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
does anyone know if Neal Searcy, the head coach coach of Witchita Falls Hirshi, is the ex-gainesville leopards player / coach?

kaorder1999
01-27-2007, 12:35 AM
yep...and A&M-Commerce

bandera7
01-27-2007, 01:00 AM
West was a receiver that was used as a running back also and every now and then they would run a reverse pass with him or something like that.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-27-2007, 01:02 AM
hmmmmmmmm, I thought Brock Fitzhenry was a QB?? :thinking: He received most outstanding RB

I also thought he was a QB?:thinking:

44INAROW
01-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Oh yeah? Must be nice and I did see him play against Liberty Hill and I'll leave it at that.

ditto and that's all I am going to say too :cool:

Panther One
01-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Brock got first team DB in region III and third team DB for the state. I didn't even know he played that much on defense. I was surprised to see that Locke from Giddings didn't get recognized after leading their team in ints. The guy who made the list must be best friends with Coach Fitzhenry.

Passing is not a requirement to be a QB. Just look back at the old days of football, or in more recent history, Eric Crouch at Nebraska. Running QBs can be recognized for their achievements. The QB position in the option offense is still different than a RB and should be kept different. Do you think Brock would have put up the same numbers at RB? Would Crouch had won the Heismann playing RB? If Brock is deserving, give him best QB. Don't take the honor of best RB away from a kid who earned that recognition actually playing the position.

In 5A, William Cole rushed for 3000 yards. Why wasn't he listed at RB? Is it because he also passed for 1600? So running QBs are only listed at RB if they don't throw? Or is it that they're listed at RB when their daddies request that they be? You had no problem putting our (Liberty Hill) TE on the first team despite not catching a pass all year. So what's the problem with putting a QB that doesn't throw on the first team?

I know that lists like these always have oversights and leave deserving players off, but you don't have start awarding kids at positions they don't play just because their daddies want a little more recognition for them. If Coach Fitzhenry wants Brock to be awarded as a RB, then move him to RB.

KL3
01-27-2007, 03:07 PM
TexasHSFootball, I'm very glad to see Brandon Harris of Bellville making your all Region team. The kid didn't have the crazy WR stats b/c of the type of offense Bellville runs, but in a different offense, he could have put up some of the best numbers in the state.

Now, having Fitzhenry at 3rd team all-state at DB is not right. As far as I know he didn't play much defense at all this year. Brandon Harris should have easily made that team before Fitzhenry.

KL3
01-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Is Case McCoy Colt's little brother? I thought I remembered his dad coaching at Graham now.

thewyliefan
01-27-2007, 03:15 PM
yes its his little brother

carter08
01-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Congrats to Booger and Wood for Bing named to Team Texas

TexasHSFootball
01-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Brock got first team DB in region III and third team DB for the state. I didn't even know he played that much on defense. I was surprised to see that Locke from Giddings didn't get recognized after leading their team in ints. The guy who made the list must be best friends with Coach Fitzhenry.

And he's also an idiot for giving best RB to a QB. Passing is not a requirement to be a QB. Just look back at the old days of football, or in more recent history, Eric Crouch at Nebraska. Running QBs can be recognized for their achievements. The QB position in the option offense is still different than a RB and should be kept different. Do you think Brock would have put up the same numbers at RB? Would Crouch had won the Heismann playing RB? If Brock is deserving, give him best QB. Don't take the honor of best RB away from a kid who earned that recognition actually playing the position.

In 5A, William Cole rushed for 3000 yards. Why wasn't he listed at RB? Is it because he also passed for 1600? So running QBs are only listed at RB if they don't throw? Or is it that they're listed at RB when their daddies request that they be? You had no problem putting our (Liberty Hill) TE on the first team despite not catching a pass all year. So what's the problem with putting a QB that doesn't throw on the first team?

I know that lists like these always have oversights and leave deserving players off, but you don't have to get stupid on us and start awarding kids at positions they don't play just because their daddies want a little more recognition for them. If Coach Fitzhenry wants Brock to be awarded as a RB, then move him to RB.
where to begin....
well, you know what.. you don't deserve an explaination just for the name calling alone.

Godfather
01-27-2007, 09:09 PM
It is just plain wrong to award a position to a player who DID NOT PLAY that position the entire year. There is no justifiable explanation for it, you are wrong. Coach Fitzhenry has already shown his lack of class to every team that played against them, and you are apparently in the same class. Your whole list leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion, but if you're able to be persuaded to give a kid an award at a position he didn't play, then I guess really reading stats and analyzing film is too difficult for you also.

MARLINDOGS
01-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Godfather
It is just plain wrong to award a position to a player who DID NOT PLAY that position the entire year. There is no justifiable explanation for it, you are wrong. Coach Fitzhenry has already shown his lack of class to every team that played against them, and you are apparently in the same class. Your whole list leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion, but if you're able to be persuaded to give a kid an award at a position he didn't play, then I guess really reading stats and analyzing film is too difficult for you also. Why dont you make a list and post it.Lets see how yours would look.This is what gets me.No matter who you put on the list you will not please everybody.There is always someone complaining.I think TexasHSfootball did a great job.Its hard having to go through all of that.If it was my site I would not even bother with giving out awards because of people like you.Then you wouldnt even have to worry about it.LOL

luvhoops34
01-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Godfather
It is just plain wrong to award a position to a player who DID NOT PLAY that position the entire year. There is no justifiable explanation for it, you are wrong. Coach Fitzhenry has already shown his lack of class to every team that played against them, and you are apparently in the same class. Your whole list leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion, but if you're able to be persuaded to give a kid an award at a position he didn't play, then I guess really reading stats and analyzing film is too difficult for you also.

I'm soooo impressed that for your very first post on 3adl you call a respected and long time member of this board a rat...

FYI I just reported your post to the moderators. I hope you get ROM'D. :D Now be a good boy and go crawl back in the hole you came out of.

MARLINDOGS
01-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I'm soooo impressed that for your very first post on 3adl you call a respected and long time member of this board a rat...

FYI I just reported your post to the moderators. I hope you get ROM'D. :D Now be a good boy and go crawl back in the hole you came out of. :evillol: :clap: :clap:

Bull Butter
01-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Texas is an enormous state(i'm sure MOST of us know that). It is impossible to see everyone play. I think TexasHSFootball did a hell of a job compiling a list. :clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
01-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but let's leave the name calling out of these posts.

3). Do not engage in personal attacks.
Avoid name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you.

luvhoops34
01-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but let's leave the name calling out of these posts.

3). Do not engage in personal attacks.
Avoid name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you.

You th' man Rita! I mean er' woman!

Txbroadcaster
01-28-2007, 01:08 AM
If you want to disagree about who is where and on what team and all that..then that is cool

But to personally insult someone over it IMO shows the lack of class your claiming others to have. IT IS JUST A LIST..like the AP top ten and all that.

No one will be 100% happy.

Panther One
01-28-2007, 01:13 AM
If you read my post, you'll see that I stated and understand that these lists often leave off deserving players. You can't watch every kid play and you can't even get stats on them all, and for the ones that you do get stats on, it's sometimes hard to choose who is more deserving.

My complaint was awarding the RB award to a QB and defending that decision by telling us that it was Coach Fitzhenry's request that Brock be considered a RB. I'm sorry. If it's my list, I tell the coach that players are awarded at the positions they play and no exceptions will be made. I think admitting that he let a coach influence his decision is what is most disturbing. It's that relationship with the coach that then got me wondering if that's why Brock was also on the list as a DB rather than the Giddings DB who led the team in INTs and contributed much more to their defensive success.

TexasHSFootball
01-28-2007, 01:52 AM
All right, I will NOT get into a pissing match over this.

Let me clarify one thing, for those who think that the coach or father had any influence over Brock at RB... that is simply not true. Coach Fitzhenry was informed of the decision shortly before the list was released and had already been finished in its form you have seen since it was released.

Sure, there was a lot of consulting on the list from many angles. I had already explained this decision to put Brock at RB once in this thread. I will not go over it constantly and again.

And while stats are important when creating any such list like this, stats are about the most overrated judgment and measuring stick when it comes to it in this sport. About the only sport where stats are an important measuring stick is baseball. In football, it is about who you play, what you are up against, what you do against that opponent, the level of play the opposition holds itself to be and so on and so forth.

Here is an example of what I have had to deal with in this list and here is what I mean when it comes to baseball and football stats being apples and oranges:

Player A has three touchdowns in a game. Player B has four in another game. How did they get the touchdowns? What defense was called? What offense type was played on the field? There are multiple ways a player game can a touchdown. In baseball, there is only TWO ways to get a homerun in baseball. Over the fence and inside the ppark rounding the bases (which is rare).

Feel free to debate the list all you want... but I will NOT stoop to low levels!

:D

tigerpride_08
01-28-2007, 10:28 AM
i dont wanna argue about who made it, i just wanna say congrats to all the players...:clap:

charlesrixey
01-28-2007, 10:37 AM
congratulations, and if anyone disagrees, especially a first-poster, go make your own list, and then you can complain about a player on a team you beat getting an award you thought someone else (maybe someone on your team) deserved.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i dont wanna argue about who made it, i just wanna say congrats to all the players...:clap:

And to all the players not on the list, good job!!!!!

NDFootball
01-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Congrats to Brett Strickland from Wylie, you've earned it man

kaorder1999
01-28-2007, 02:17 PM
I have seen Quarterbacks placed on All-District teams as Running Backs. It happens a lot!!

sinton66
01-28-2007, 04:00 PM
If an offense utilizes the QB to run the ball quite a bit, sure, why not?

buff4life
01-28-2007, 04:41 PM
its really starting to get old reading about people hating on Giddings and the Fitzhenry's...if any of you read TexasHSFootball's explanation you can see Coach Fitz had nothing to do with that decision so STOP BASHING HIM!!!

Also...Godfather..saying that Giddings showed a "lack of class" against every opponetn this year" how many of Giddings' games did you see this year?? maybe 1?? At that one game, everyone blames Giddings for the LH players starting a brawl...Giddings ain't perfect but don't be a hypocrite

TexasHSFootball
01-29-2007, 12:57 AM
Alright! :mad:

Since everyone is so intent on this God forsaken issue.. I made EVERYONE happy by moving everyone's favorite player to quarterback.

Are you happy now? :hand:

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
Alright! :mad:

Since everyone is so intent on this God forsaken issue.. I made EVERYONE happy by moving everyone's favorite player to quarterback.

Are you happy now? :hand:

why can't they be offensive linemen?

that's discrimination against overweight people...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
why can't they be offensive linemen?

that's discrimination against overweight people...

Offensive lineman don't carry the ball, dummy. ;)

Gobbla2001
01-29-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Offensive lineman don't carry the ball, dummy. ;)

correct, they carry the load... :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
correct, they carry the load... :D

You're right...

But keep in mind that most football players overweight from an excess of muscle mass.

buff4ever
01-29-2007, 10:12 AM
okay, been busy over the wkend and haven't touched in on this yet. There are a few interesting points here that a lot of people are going to want answered:

1. First and most import is how was it turned in. Giddings or Txhsfootball could have listed him at RB, and either would be justified due to how we run the football. (I understand that could be debated, and I see both sides) The question most would like to see answered is did GIDDINGS (used lightly b/c a coach either being fitz or working under fitz would have turned in stats and positions) or did Txhsfootball decide to even consider him at DB. Anyone that watched giddings all year could ask themselves if he even played at DB all year. Then those that really pay attention know that he played almost a half against WOS, mainly due to an ejection after a kick in the crouch and then back to the face occured. Other than this almost half, he would have played maybe a play or two a game, not even that much probably. THIS RAISES A VERY GOOD QUESTION, not only to people in giddings but also to be in the region and state who could be recognized for what they actually did.

2. Were stats turned in by giddings, or does txhsfootball fish around for them. If stats were turned in which you would think would have to happen, I want to know what was turned in for DB. I understand that he was the best rusher around on the offensive side, no argument, we enjoyed watching. I can't imagine that txhsfootball decides on what players played where and who deserves it w/o some help from the individuals school or coaching staffs initiating it w/ something to justify the considerations.

3. How is the decision made at txhsfootball. I would think like that have stated that they have to start w/ something like stats. then you have to look at your top players and make your decision based on the strength of their opponents or schedule. In this case giddings had a pretty tough schedule, brock probably deserved the offensive recognition; I don't know where the defensive stats to start the consideration would have come from.

The real question that people want know is did Coach Fitzhenry (I am not saying he made the stats or turned them in, he may have or may not have, but he is the AD and HC so it went through him. ESPECIALLY SINCE IT IS HIS SON WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.) initiate the idea and encourage it, or did txhsfootball do it. Txhsfootball will surely help us out a little on how this decision starts itself. Hopefully they don't just pick players names from papers aournd the state and say, "I bet he was a good DB." I think people on this board are attacking coach fitzhenry more than txhsfootball, and they got defensive. There is no real good reason for naming him defensively unless there were false stats submitted. Which is what no one in this state wants to think happens, but it probably does. There is no GOOD system to check this crime, untill it is too late anyway.

buff4ever
01-29-2007, 11:39 AM
totally separate topic, but i will back buff4life in the bashing of godfather as well.

The fight in the gtown LH game was started by the LH player and he did not back off the gtown lineman for any whistle. The line is a dirt place to mingle, lots of things go down in there. that fight was probably lingering from several plays before. The LH kids are a good bunch as are the giddings boys, things happen. Both teams were very good and wanted to win. Sometimes competitiveness get out of hand w/ kids that don't know when to control themselves, BOTH SIDE PEOPLE, both sides.

Bullaholic
01-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't know if this thought will hurt or help, but maybe there should be TWO lists---one each for the best 11 athletes on offense and defense regardless of position, and one each of the traditional lists by position.

As for the who-did-what-to-whom discussions---they make for lively debate, cannot be verified objectively, and unfortunately serve as just an opportunity for posters to "vent" and usually go nowhere---which IMO, is o.k. provided it is done with some rationality and reason and does not involve personal attacks.

I am just a humble poster offering up thoughts---not trying to tell anyone how they should run their polls or what they should post.

pirate4state
01-29-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
totally separate topic, but i will back buff4life in the bashing of godfather as well.

The fight in the gtown LH game was started by the LH player and he did not back off the gtown lineman for any whistle. The line is a dirt place to mingle, lots of things go down in there. that fight was probably lingering from several plays before. The LH kids are a good bunch as are the giddings boys, things happen. Both teams were very good and wanted to win. Sometimes competitiveness get out of hand w/ kids that don't know when to control themselves, BOTH SIDE PEOPLE, both sides.

There doesn't need to be ANY bashing of the godfather! :rolleyes: What he posted has been addressed.

buffalo2006
01-29-2007, 03:13 PM
I don't see how all this got turned around on Coach Fitz. I'm telling you right now I have played for him and played with Brock. Brock does have a hot head and he is alittle cocky, but wouldn't you if you were one of the best players in the best state to be a football player, Brock has worked hard for everything he has done. He would be the first one in the weightroom and the last one out. Nothing has ever been given to him. As for coach Fitz i played with Brock when he was a freshman and played safety, and i will never forget his dad ripping him on the sideline and you can ask people who go to Giddings games and they will tell you that he is Brock's biggest critic. Stop hating because you think he is better than you he is representing Texas, 3A, and his family.

I see people that I've played before and i feel proud of them because they are doing things that i wish i was doing. I saw Kenneth Beasely from WOS play in the Alamo Bowl and it was cool to see someone out there that i played against even though we lost. Be proud for what people are doing and stop hating cause you can't.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
I don't see how all this got turned around on Coach Fitz. I'm telling you right now I have played for him and played with Brock. Brock does have a hot head and he is alittle cocky, but wouldn't you if you were one of the best players in the best state to be a football player, Brock has worked hard for everything he has done. He would be the first one in the weightroom and the last one out. Nothing has ever been given to him. As for coach Fitz i played with Brock when he was a freshman and played safety, and i will never forget his dad ripping him on the sideline and you can ask people who go to Giddings games and they will tell you that he is Brock's biggest critic. Stop hating because you think he is better than you he is representing Texas, 3A, and his family.

I see people that I've played before and i feel proud of them because they are doing things that i wish i was doing. I saw Kenneth Beasely from WOS play in the Alamo Bowl and it was cool to see someone out there that i played against even though we lost. Be proud for what people are doing and stop hating cause you can't.

What about the people who can, who do the same thing he is doing with class, integrity, and sportsmanship? Don't try to justify the wrongs just because he is capable and worked hard to be a great player. Nobody is refuting the fact that he was a great player and a great athlete. I played against him for two years, and he was a completely different type of player his freshman year than he was his sophomore year in terms of having class. I didn't hear a peep from him his freshman year, but once he started rolling up some numbers, well, you get where I'm going with that. I'm sure that a lot of what he says is in the spirit of the game, but there is a fine line between being competitive and being a you-know-what, and that is something that he needs to learn.

buffalo2006
01-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Okay so he talks trash, what do people who play on Sundays or Saturdays do, some of the greatest people do nothing but talk trash. He doesn't always start it sometimes he is prevoked. You can't think that he is the only player in Texas to talk trash. He talked his freshman year, just not where everyone could hear him. My junior year I did nothing but talk trash and i found out it was no fun, so my senior year i just went out there and played, but when someone talked trash I wasn't just gonna let them talk, it was going to be handled. Whether by making a play or talking back.

44INAROW
01-29-2007, 03:37 PM
crapola - nevermind..........

buff4ever
01-29-2007, 03:49 PM
buff2006, we represent the same town and both should be proud of many of its accomplishments over the years. The point you are trying to make needs to be typed on another thread several weeks back.

NO one here is questioning brock's abilities. He is a hell of an athlete and can make unbelievable rushing efforts successfully against almot anyone in the state. Nothing about this thread questions that. I can also witness from the stands that coach fitz is very hard on brock, sometimes too hard for the wrong reasons; also another thread could be made of that.

This thread is talking about someone's (the question hasn't been answered and probably won't on who's) manipulation of the systems of these recognizing groups that name these teams and awards. The fact is that Brock did not play enough Defensive Back this year to equal an entire game, much less people on his team or around the state that did great jobs playing 10 - 16 games. EJ on giddings team could cover almost anyone in the state one on one, b. johnson was also great and had a lot of tackles in the secondary to include int's for TD's. Locke led the team and district in INT's (and believe 3rd in the state amongst 3a INT's) and scored atleast one defensive TD. Not to mention other players from the region and state. Two of those 3 were seniors, but what does that really matter, these are just kids we are talking about that work their tail off all year long, they don't need any recognition for their good doings.

On the being recognized as a RB, I see both sides and can justify this either way. If Txhsfootball wants to allow it then it's fine, they have a tough job, and usually do it pretty well. I think they HAVE TO RELY on accurate information being passed on to them to make their decisions. WHO KNOWS MAYBE THERE WAS SOME WHO YOU KNOW INVOLVED IN ALL THIS?

I feel you buff2006, but you are on the wrong thread.

buffalo2006
01-29-2007, 04:03 PM
No, I'm not understanding how people can act like this is coach Fitz's or even Brock fault. People at TexasHSFootball screwed up blame it on them not on the Fitz family.

You say you don't question his ability and you say coach Fitz pulled strings. So your saying if Brock's dad was not a coach, basically Brock wouldn't be getting any awards.

If you think the TexasHSFootball people screwed up then put it on their message board and let them know what they did. But don't criticize a player and/or his dad.