PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to Vote for Billary

burnet44
01-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Another reason to Vote for Billary

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Hollywood may be debating who to support in the 2008 presidential election, but Dame Elizabeth Taylor already has her woman -- Hillary Rodham Clinton.

In a statement on Thursday, the actress said, "I have contributed to Sen. Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign because she has a mind of her own and a very strong one at that. I like the way she thinks. She is very savvy and a smart leader with years of experience in government, diplomacy and politics."

A spokesman for the 74-year-old actress said she had contributed $2,100 to the New York Democratic senator, the legal limit an individual can give in a primary campaign. Earlier the spokesman had said Taylor gave $100,000, but said that was an incorrect figure based on misinformation.

pirate44
01-26-2007, 09:55 AM
this news is GIANT!!:eek:

Gp83
01-26-2007, 10:07 AM
I wouldn't donate .02 cents to that *****:rolleyes:

spiveyrat
01-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Gp83
I wouldn't donate .02 cents to that *****:rolleyes:

What he said!!! :clap:

mwynn05
01-26-2007, 10:50 AM
this is coming from people who live in a state who elected ma and pa ferguson like 5 times

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Hillary won't win.

I love how opposed she was of Gay marriage up until about 6 mos. ago....

Can you be more obvious lady? I know you would like to think we are a stupid nation....but it doesn't take a genious to figure out what you were up to...:hand:

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
this is coming from people who live in a state who elected ma and pa ferguson like 5 times

there are plenty of hillary supporters in this state, more than most may think... it's scary...

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Hillary won't win.

I dunno... she's got clout... tons of it... you never know

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
there are plenty of hillary supporters in this state, more than most may think... it's scary...

:eek: :eek: Indeed!!

Pudlugger
01-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Our own Lady McBeth.

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 11:27 AM
I don't think people are ready for a female pres.

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 11:28 AM

May not be ready for one, but I think they're ready to vote for one...

Gunna order my "Defeat Hillary" shirt...

Keith7
01-26-2007, 11:30 AM
nevermind i don't want to contribute to a political thread

Pudlugger
01-26-2007, 11:35 AM

Well, not Hillary at least. I would vote for Condi Rice, Kay Baily Hutchison, or Lynn Cheney no problem.

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Well, not Hillary at least. I would vote for Condi Rice, Kay Baily Hutchison, or Lynn Cheney no problem.

Condi Rice? Sounds like a Mexican dish, we aughta send her to Mexico so they can eat her...

Blastoderm55
01-26-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm voting for Hillary. She's got bigger stones than any president since Kennedy. :cool:

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I'm voting for Hillary. She's got bigger stones than any president since Kennedy. :cool:

You got the stones part right

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
nevermind i don't want to contribute to a political thread

:) :) :wave:

BTEXDAD
01-26-2007, 12:03 PM

She should please everyone. She'll have a different outfit and a different political plan for everyday of the week.

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
She should please everyone. She'll have a different outfit and a different political plan for everyday of the week.

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Phil C
01-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
this news is GIANT!!:eek:

Great pun! :D :clap:

Blastoderm55
01-26-2007, 12:22 PM

Better than replying to every question with "stay the course." :p

An Evening with George and Laura

Laura: George, the mood has passed. Lets just go to bed.
George: No Laura, I will not cut and run. I must stay the course.
Laura: No, I mean it. Stop already.
George: YOU'RE EITHER WITH ME OR YOU'RE WITH THE ENEMY!
Laura: Ok, ok. Just make it quick.
George: Laura, too many OBGYNs are unable to practice their love of women.
Laura: What the hell does that mean?
George: I must stay the course.
Laura: That's enough already!
George: I will smoke them out of your caves Laura!
Laura: Caves?
George: This would be a lot easier if I could be a dictator.
Laura: George. Are you drunk?
George: I will stay the course, Laura.
Laura: Fine, just get it over with. Think about Cheney or something.
George: You know, I just don't spend that much time thinking about him
Laura: That's what you said about Bin Laden!
George: I will smoke him out of your cave Laura!
Laura: That's it! I'm calling your mother and father!
George: Are you threatening my Daddy?
Laura: Oh never, the last guy who did that ended up on YouTube.
George: Well, you're either with us, or you're with the enemy.
Laura: Stop it!
George: Ladies and gentlemen, major combat operations are over. I am victorious.
Laura: Finally. Good night, W.
George: I will stay the course.

Black_Magic
01-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Hillary won't win.

I love how opposed she was of Gay marriage up until about 6 mos. ago....

Can you be more obvious lady? I know you would like to think we are a stupid nation....but it doesn't take a genious to figure out what you were up to...:hand: Kinda like Bush and the way he wants to NOW drasticaly reduce greenhous gas emissions, improve heathcare, Ect... I think you can say some of the same things about the president who has a 30% approval rating by the way. You can say they all to the same thing. move to the center when they want.

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Kinda like Bush and the way he wants to NOW drasticaly reduce greenhous gas emissions, improve heathcare, Ect... I think you can say some of the same things about the president who has a 30% approval rating by the way. You can say they all to the same thing. move to the center when they want.

Yeah of course they do.

<---------not affiliated with either party.....so its harder to get my vote. I ain't so easily swooned. :hand:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 12:34 PM
I'd like to see John Edwards run with possibly Al Gore as his VP, but that's just me.

pirate44
01-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Great pun! :D :clap:
i was timing how long it would take someone to catch it. i shouda known youd figure it out:clap: :)

sweetwater07
01-26-2007, 01:00 PM
anybody hear that Barack Obama is also runnign for president in 2008....any of his supporters on here?

Bulldog_12
01-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Im all for Howard Dean.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/americas/04/us_election/campaign_blunders/img/8.jpg

BYAAAAH!

Blastoderm55
01-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
anybody hear that Barack Obama is also runnign for president in 2008....any of his supporters on here?

He's something of an enigma, but if his platform is good, I would rally around him. I think a problem that will rise for the Dems is having TOO many possible candidates. We've already heard about Clinton, Obama, and Edwards. Somewhere down the line, and sooner would be better, they're going to have to consolidate their efforts, and give way to the candidate who has the best choice of winning the election. I think having Edwards as the pres would be great, with Obama presiding over the Senate and Clinton at their side as Secretary of State. Clinton and Obama could flip flop positions and still stay solid, but I think Edwards has the best chance at the presidential nomination.

zeus63
01-26-2007, 01:27 PM
All I'm sayin is GO MCCAIN!!!

zeus63
01-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Just a side note:

I really wish Colin Powell would run for President

bhtrainer
01-26-2007, 02:08 PM
wow so i havent been on here in a while...but i saw this thread and wanted to post...i wish Condi would run...she would be good

if Hillary wins i am moving to Mexico

Gp83
01-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Newt Gingrich is my first choice:clap:

JR2004
01-26-2007, 02:37 PM

I'll vote for a woman who runs for president, but I wouldn't vote for Clinton. I'd vote for Condoleezza Rice if she ran.

Gp83
01-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'll vote for a woman who runs for president, but I wouldn't vote for Clinton. I'd vote for Condoleezza Rice if she ran.
Man I would love to see Rice against Billary.

charlesrixey
01-26-2007, 02:40 PM
well, obviously elizabeth taylor is a renowned political figure; i guess i better vote for hillary!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

she gives hillarys' every where a bad name

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 02:46 PM
I'm not repubiclican, and I'm not demorat and I'm not an independent, I AM independent and I'll vote for who I feel is right for the job...

Hillary Clinton has really done nothing but write a book, folks...

charlesrixey
01-26-2007, 02:48 PM
you know, with such a wide open election, there really aren't any experienced candidates (other than mccain) among the frontrunners, which is why i think he might have a good chance.

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 02:49 PM
And I'll go one step further... Hillary Clinton wouldn't have even been elected Senator had she not been in the White House wearing those blinders for eight years...

In my opinion (may be dead wrong), she's a product of popularity...

William Hung could run for Senator in NY and probably win... WHY? Because he has a name...

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Kinky is an example of this... the guy wouldn't have even been on the ballot if all of the people who signed his petition wouldn't have been drunk off their asses at a Cross Canadian Ragweed show when they heard he was runnin'...

He was a product of popularity and Texas Music Idols turning their shows into the Kinky campaign trail...

just my opinion though...

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Kinky is an example of this... the guy wouldn't have even been on the ballot if all of the people who signed his petition wouldn't have been drunk off their asses at a Cross Canadian Ragweed show when they heard he was runnin'...

He was a product of popularity and Texas Music Idols turning their shows into the Kinky campaign trail...

just my opinion though...

Plus he had the political genius Willie Nelson on his side :rolleyes:

(Love you, Willie)

Bullaholic
01-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Plus he had the political genius Willie Nelson on his side :rolleyes:

(Love you, Willie)

You da bomb, Gobbla....I think you ought to run---

Everybody git drunk, git nekkid, and play some guitar. :D
(not being sarcastic, either, Gobbla).

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

(not being sarcastic, either, Gobbla).

damn, I was hoping you were...

NDFootball
01-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by bhtrainer
wow so i havent been on here in a while...but i saw this thread and wanted to post...i wish Condi would run...she would be good

if Hillary wins i am moving to Mexico

I'm getting a group together to go to Canada if she wins, there's free health care! :D

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I'm getting a group together to go to Canada if she wins, there's free health care! :D

You gunna do it like Eddie Veder (sp?) of Pearl Jam? Say he's movin' to Oh! Canada if Bush won but never did?

I'm just gunna move to Montana, Wyoming, Oregon or somewhere up there and work on a huge cattle ranch... I won't feel a thing...

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
All I'm sayin is GO MCCAIN!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bobcat1
01-26-2007, 03:06 PM
If that sorry excuse for a woman wins, our country is in a sad state of affairs. She could give 2 "sheets" about Americans. She is in it for the "Benjamins". I can't stand to look at her phony face. JMHO:D

Black_Magic
01-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Anyone with conections to the Bush administrations is dead in the water. Its not fair but its true. President has 30% job approval raiting. This may be the time our country is ready for a woman to lead. Dont know about Obama. He may be a few years away. so young and relitavly new to politics. I do know one thing. It will not be someone who is a true conservative. McCain is the Republicans best hope. McCain is a Moderate and right now moderate is the only republican who has a true chance of getting in. this most recent election kinda points to that.

BTEXDAD
01-26-2007, 03:12 PM

I will agree on that.
I don't like the waffling and flip flopping, but sometimes there's a difference between having strong convictions and being just plain stubborn.
Somewhere in between would be ideal.

As far as the night with the Bushes, that was cute.
How about a night with the Clintons.

Hillary: Bill, you know you don't smoke, quit playing with that cigar and put it away.
Bill: But Monica doesn't make me put it away.
Hilary: Well that's one difference between Monica and me. Now I'm gonna work on my national health Care plan.
Bill: Geez, Hilary you've been working on that thing since 1993.
Hillary:Well I wanna be ready. I'm gonna get something done when I'm president, unlike somebody else in this room. You know that guy on 3A downlow said I'd be a good president. He said I have bigger stones than any president since Kennedy.
Bill: Really, he said that about you? Kennedy was my hero. He spent time with Marilyn Monroe while he was president. I only got to spend time with Monica.
Hillary:Monica! Monica! That's still all you talk about and all you think about! Why don't you just leave me alone and go into another room. Then you can think about Monica all you want.
And take that little cigar with you too.

Black_Magic
01-26-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
If that sorry excuse for a woman wins, our country is in a sad state of affairs. She could give 2 "sheets" about Americans. She is in it for the "Benjamins". I can't stand to look at her phony face. JMHO:D The same was said about her husband in 1992. Our country is is as bad a shape as it can get in ,Record deficits, War For WMDs that turned into a "War on Terror" when they were not found.
As far as her being in it for the Benjamins I dont believe you understand she makes less money dong this or being president than the average Harvard Law Graduate( BTW thats what she is) or head of a corporation. She is not in the business to rake it in if thats her goal. Its better to be in the Oil Business like the Bush family. Thats where the buck is;)

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
The same was said about her husband in 1992. Our country is is as bad a shape as it can get in ,Record deficits, War For WMDs that turned into a "War on Terror" when they were not found.
As far as her being in it for the Benjamins I dont believe you understand she makes less money dong this or being president than the average Harvard Law Graduate( BTW thats what she is) or head of a corporation. She is not in the business to rake it in if thats her goal. Its better to be in the Oil Business like the Bush family. Thats where the buck is;)

I doubt that she's in it for the money either... but as for her making less money... you're correct, the income is less... but presidents aren't exactly HAVING to spend money either...

Whose gunna charge the president for dinner? no one...

Does the president pay the rent at the white-house? no

Gas? no

Transportation period? no

They might not make as much, but they do not spend as much either...

we have record deficits, yet the best unemployment rates in years... there's two sides to every story... the worst shape this country can get in is the great depression... we're not there, stop the doom and gloom for baby Jesus' sake...

Blastoderm55
01-26-2007, 03:21 PM
I will agree on that.
I don't like the waffling and flip flopping, but sometimes there's a difference between having strong convictions and being just plain stubborn.
Somewhere in between would be ideal.

As far as the night with the Bushes, that was cute.
How about a night with the Clintons.

Hillary: Bill, you know you don't smoke, quit playing with that cigar and put it away.
Bill: But Monica doesn't make me put it away.
Hilary: Well that's one difference between Monica and me. Now I'm gonna work on my national health Care plan.
Bill: Geez, Hilary you've been working on that thing since 1993.
Hillary:Well I wanna be ready. I'm gonna get something done when I'm president, unlike somebody else in this room. You know that guy on 3A downlow said I'd be a good president. He said I have bigger stones than any president since Kennedy.
Bill: Really, he said that about you? Kennedy was my hero. He spent time with Marilyn Monroe while he was president. I only got to spend time with Monica.
Hillary:Monica! Monica! That's still all you talk about and all you think about! Why don't you just leave me alone and go into another room. Then you can think about Monica all you want.
And take that little cigar with you too.

Nice. :clap: I'd be flattered to be mentioned in the Clinton bedroom. What's funnier is that my fiancee's name is actually Monica. :p

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Nice. :clap: I'd be flattered to be mentioned in the Clinton bedroom. What's funnier is that my fiancee's name is actually Monica. :p

well if she ever gets an invitation from anyone named William, Bill or Clinton, don't let her go...

Black_Magic
01-26-2007, 03:22 PM

An Evening with George and Laura

Laura: George, the mood has passed. Lets just go to bed.
George: No Laura, I will not cut and run. I must stay the course.
Laura: No, I mean it. Stop already.
George: YOU'RE EITHER WITH ME OR YOU'RE WITH THE ENEMY!
Laura: Ok, ok. Just make it quick.
George: Laura, too many OBGYNs are unable to practice their love of women.
Laura: What the hell does that mean?
George: I must stay the course.
Laura: That's enough already!
George: I will smoke them out of your caves Laura!
Laura: Caves?
George: This would be a lot easier if I could be a dictator.
Laura: George. Are you drunk?
George: I will stay the course, Laura.
Laura: Fine, just get it over with. Think about Cheney or something.
George: You know, I just don't spend that much time thinking about him
Laura: That's what you said about Bin Laden!
George: I will smoke him out of your cave Laura!
Laura: That's it! I'm calling your mother and father!
George: Are you threatening my Daddy?
Laura: Oh never, the last guy who did that ended up on YouTube.
George: Well, you're either with us, or you're with the enemy.
Laura: Stop it!
George: Ladies and gentlemen, major combat operations are over. I am victorious.
Laura: Finally. Good night, W.
George: I will stay the course. ALL THIS BEING DONE TO THE SONG.... BOMB BOMB BOMB, BOMB BOMB IRAN..( (Beach boys tune on Barbaran.):clap: :crazy1:

Gobbla2001
01-26-2007, 03:24 PM
BTW, I'm mostly just having fun here, I gotta leave this thread before I get serious

Blastoderm55
01-26-2007, 03:25 PM
well if she ever gets an invitation from anyone named William, Bill or Clinton, don't let her go...

Slick Willy's gonna have to find his own! :D

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 03:28 PM
*It helps if you read it with a Bush accent....

I am almost 100% sure that "As a politician I promise to continue on with the flipflopping of popular beliefs of the American people" is in the Presidential inaugural speech.

Keith7
01-26-2007, 03:32 PM

we have record deficits, yet the best unemployment rates in years...

um.. i'm not sure where u got that info, but its actually about the same as when bush took office.. and part of that may have something to do with things that clinton did while in office.. before Clinton took office in 92, the unemployment rate was at 7.8, when he left it was down to 3.9.. the current unemployment rate is 4.5, and has gotten as high as 6.0.. When Clinton took office with unemployment rate at 7.8, it slowly went down until he left..

source: http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/data/UNRATE.txt

with that said I will stay out of the debate because i'm clearly out numbered, and still tryin to be good

Blastoderm55
01-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Quite possibly.

Here's a great source for Bushisms (http://www.slate.com/id/76886).

necks_c/09
01-26-2007, 04:01 PM
heres what i think about it....

clintons have no morals......and i cant stand it..

i hate to be around anybody that is liberal b/c i think they are freakin idiots.

i think possibly if hillary got elected obama might be her vice president.....(we all know she would never settle for vice)

i dont care who is running against them but they will get my familys vote b/c we refuse to vote for people like them

Keith7
01-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

i hate to be around anybody that is liberal b/c i think they are freakin idiots.

heres why political threads are not allowed.. facts get thrown in and the other side starts the name calling

charlesrixey
01-26-2007, 04:05 PM
i don't trust anyone's opinions until they are old enough to vote, and actually know something about the issues

Keith7
01-26-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i don't trust anyone's opinions until they are old enough to vote, and actually know something about the issues

I 2nd that..

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

You would like my opinions, I'm sure. ;)

I'm taking a sabatical from political discussions for awhile. People seem to stop liking me afterwards. :(

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 04:31 PM

i think possibly if hillary got elected obama might be her vice president.....(we all know she would never settle for vice)

i dont care who is running against them but they will get my familys vote b/c we refuse to vote for people like them

Not to be rude...just a question. Are you even 18?

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You would like my opinions, I'm sure. ;)

I'm taking a sabatical from political discussions for awhile. People seem to stop liking me afterwards. :(

At least you acknowledge what they are: opinions.

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Talking about politics is like talking about religion.

1. You can't argue the topic.

2. It is strictly a matter of opinion.

3. NO one is right or wrong.

4. You need to remember the top 3 in order to withstand an intellectual politcal conversation.

Blastoderm55
Not to be rude...just a question. Are you even 18?

His profile points to No. :p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

You would really hate to be around me. I'm a moderate, but lean to the left. Most consider me to be liberal, and I'm not really concerned by that, either way. The bottom line is, if you started saying stuff like that around, oh, let's say people like me, you'd probably get shut up pretty damn quick. ;)

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 04:36 PM
I hate to be around anyone that talks politics. :D

My whole family is Republican...the pay your dues Republican.

My great uncle was the President of the Republican party of Texas. Not the County, the State.

You wanna know what we talk about at holidays?

Politics. Business. Period.

Merry Christmas!

buff4ever
Gobbla are voting for hillary or what. I can't imagine her winning the democratic ticket.

I guess the good thing about that would be that surely the republicans could win again in the final election.

BTEXDAD
um.. i'm not sure where u got that info, but its actually about the same as when bush took office.. and part of that may have something to do with things that clinton did while in office..

IMO presidents (all of them) get too much credit when economy doing well and too much blame when it's not doing poorly.
During Clinton years, the stock market went through a big 5 year bull market, but much of that was due to "creative accounting" done by accounting firms such as Arthur Anderson, Ernst Young, KPMG, Price Waterhouse and others. The financial status of many companies was artificially inflated and led to failure of Enron, Worldcom, and corporate scandals and reorganization of many other huge companies in the early 2000's.
The problems were from 90's not from Bush administration, but Bush got the blame for stock market downturn even though economy and market had actually begun a downturn in early 2000 (Clinton still in office). The things that happened in economy would have happened even if algore would have been in office. I'm not sure what would have happened after 9-11 though. Maybe same thing who knows? Democratic president got most of the blame for Viet Nam War and how it drug on. Johnson caught most of the flak, but US had "advisors" in South Viet Nam as far back as early 60's when Kennedy was in office.
Katrina and Rita would have happened no matter who in office. FEMA wouldn't have been able to handle all of the problems no matter who in office. New Orleans was disaster waiting to happen. The freakin city is below sea level. They've been worried about a big hurricane coming directly in for 30-40 years. It wasn't Bush who caused the problem by not shoring up the levees.

Economy goes through its normal cycles (inflation and unemployment flucuate).
Stock market goes through normal cycles (for every 2 years it goes up, one year it comes down. That has held true for over 80 years.)
Weather goes through normal cycles (some years cold, some not. Some years wet, some dry).

Since, again IMO, the three things mentioned above are going to go through cycles regardless of who is elected, I have to go by the core beliefs of political parties in relation to what I believe in.
I am pro-life and do not believe in abortion on demand.
I am pro gun and do not want government to get any larger and take even more control of my life.
I believe I can spend my money better than the government can, so I want my taxes as low as possible.
When I compare the two parties, I have to vote republican, even when there are things I disagree with for about an individual politician.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 04:37 PM
I hate to be around anyone that talks politics. :D

I've been know to voice my opinion quite a bit. I'm always a Democrat surrounded by Republicans...I feel like some of those guys walking through a blizzard in those Jack London books, where the wolves circle around with those vicious looks on their faces. Only difference is, I don't get scared and chase after the wolves. :D

BuffyMars
01-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I've been know to voice my opinion quite a bit. I'm always a Democrat surrounded by Republicans...I feel like some of those guys walking through a blizzard in those Jack London books, where the wolves circle around with those vicious looks on their faces. Only difference is, I don't get scared and chase after the wolves. :D

I never said I was Republican.

LH Panther Mom
heres why political threads are not allowed.. facts get thrown in and the other side starts the name calling
True......... :doh:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I believe I can spend my money better than the government can, so I want my taxes as low as possible.

If that is the case, then you must really hate Bush's supply-side economics, right? ;) :p