PDA

View Full Version : Gatesville

cl8114
10-25-2001, 09:00 PM
I was wonderinig why Gatesville does not get more respect then they do? They are the defending State Champions and there only loss this year is to a very good Cameron Yoe team. Since that game which was in Zero week this team has stepped up and shown people they are good. Against China Spring they shut down Bell and McGabbon and against McGregor they shut down the very fast backfeild of Haynes and Rollins. There defense is very good and their young offense is a couple of steps away from being just as good. So my question is why no one every talks about them?

Matthew328
10-25-2001, 10:50 PM
I have no idea...I have em ranked higher than most..Gatesville seems to be a very workman like team..nothing fancy they just win

Hornet83
10-25-2001, 11:43 PM
Hey Matthew you had the Hornets picked to win their district from the start where as most folks had the team picked middle of the pack at best.I would say a lot of the reason our team is not turning a lot of heads is because it is a ball control low scoring offensive team with a strong defense.There is not a Taurean Henderson type running the ball instead there is a steady rotation of four backs constantly coming at you with a big physical line punishing the opposing defense.This years Hornets do not have the brake away spead that last years team had so they have to win in a different way it is just not as flashy there for the lack of attention.Just my opinion though!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the great site to come to and keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!