PDA

View Full Version : BBDE....found this for you....

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Galveston Daily News, December 3, 2002
Box 628, Galveston, TX 77553
Fax: 409-740-3421
Email: heber.taylor@galvnews.com

By Heber Taylor, The Daily News

A state shouldn’t have the right to punish you for having consensual sex in the privacy of your home.

That should be true even in Texas. And it should be true regardless of whether you are heterosexual or homosexual.

It’s not.

Texas is one of 13 states with a sodomy law. Texas’ law makes sodomy illegal only for homosexuals. Sodomy between heterosexuals is legal.

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:39 PM
but then i found this....

Ruling establishes new legal ground in privacy, experts say
Tuesday, November 18, 2003 Posted: 11:00 AM EST (1600 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Supreme Court Thursday struck down a Texas state law banning private consensual sex between adults of the same sex in a decision gay rights groups hailed as historic.

The 6-3 decision by the court reverses course from a ruling 17 years ago that states could punish homosexuals for what such laws historically called deviant sex.

Legal analysts said the ruling enshrines for the first time a broad constitutional right to sexual privacy, and its impact would reach beyond Texas and 12 other states with similar sodomy laws applied against the gay and lesbian community, and into mainstream America.

smustangs
01-25-2007, 10:49 PM
are you trying to say hes gay?

GreenMonster
01-26-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by smustangs
are you trying to say hes gay?

I think so. :D These 2 are have a peeing contest. Hope someone wins soon, I'm getting tired head from all the back and forth but it's at least funny.

smustangs
01-26-2007, 12:28 AM
ok just makein sure I wasn't missing something here. I enjoy reading it makes for a good laught haha.

JR2004
01-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The Supreme Court Thursday struck down a Texas state law banning private consensual sex between adults of the same sex in a decision gay rights groups hailed as historic.

The 6-3 decision by the court reverses course from a ruling 17 years ago that states could punish homosexuals for what such laws historically called deviant sex.

Legal analysts said the ruling enshrines for the first time a broad constitutional right to sexual privacy, and its impact would reach beyond Texas and 12 other states with similar sodomy laws applied against the gay and lesbian community, and into mainstream America.

hmm...Well I feel it's wrong to do what they do, but at the same time the government (local, state or national) shouldn't be the ones telling them what to do. Let God be the judge on this one.

GreenMonster
01-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
hmm...Well I feel it's wrong to do what they do, but at the same time the government (local, state or national) shouldn't be the ones telling them what to do. Let God be the judge on this one.

That's right, let GOD be the judge. Not even the church should go there. Although I know of many churches that discriminate against homosexuals. To all of those churches I'd like to remind them of one thing: No one sin is greater than another and passing judgement on these people is just as big a sin as what it is that they participate in. *Climbs off soap box* OK, I feel better now.

kaorder1999
01-26-2007, 12:35 AM
in another thread it was discussed whether or not sodomy in texas was illegal so i found this and posted it

pirate4state
01-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
That's right, let GOD be the judge. Not even the church should go there. Although I know of many churches that discriminate against homosexuals. To all of those churches I'd like to remind them of one thing: No one sin is greater than another and passing judgement on these people is just as big a sin as what it is that they participate in. *Climbs off soap box* OK, I feel better now.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-26-2007, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999

Alright, I didn't think that it could be considered Constitutional for that law to be upheld.

As for as having a pissing match, I enjoy a lively debate just as much as anyone else. Does it mean I have a problem with ka or think of him as a bad person? No, I know that everyone has their own opinions about subjects, and as long as they're willing to have a civil argument without taking cheap shots, then I'm all for it, and he has remained classy throughout. Just thought I would put that out there if it was ever in question.

bobcat1
01-26-2007, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Um, it has already been judged. We don't have to judge it. Just read. We can see it is what it is.

I think this is headed into a religious thread. :eek: