PDA

View Full Version : Drive In Movies

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Who can remember these great places to take your sweetheart? We had several in my town and we would sometimes pack 3 or 4 kids in the trunk and drive in for free. We would also go there on dates and park in the back rows to smooch(that's kissing for you young folks). They had a perv security guy with a flashlight who would sneak up on you and shine his light into the car. I remember the fogged up windshields and not knowing what happened in the movie a few times LOL.

The snack bars had the best popcorn and frito pies. They would have a playground for the kids too.

The horror shows were great. I saw The Blob with Steve McQueen there in the 60's. Scared the heck out of me!LOL

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Unfortunately, they closed the drive-in in Marshall when I was little....

However, there is one in Kilgore ya know....:devil:

mistanice
01-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Who can remember these great places to take your sweetheart? We had several in my town and we would sometimes pack 3 or 4 kids in the trunk and drive in for free. We would also go there on dates and park in the bacjk rows to smooch. They had a perv security guy with a flashlight who would sneak up on you and shine his light into the car. I remember the fogged up windshields and not knowing what happened in the movie a few times LOL.

The snack bars had the best popcorn and frito pies. They would have a playground for the kids too.

The horror shows were great. I saw The Blob with Steve McQueen there in the 60's. Scared the heck out of me!LOL

Personally, I don't remember but my old boss told me he would hide in trunk with others and he would let one rip while trying to sneak in.

Txbroadcaster
01-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Unfortunately, they closed the drive-in in Marshall when I was little....

However, there is one in Kilgore ya know....:devil:

HAHA..The one there does not have a playground..but u can get Adult Toys HAHAHA

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

:evillol: :evillol:

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Oh my, how things have changed! What happened to the innocence?:D

Txbroadcaster
01-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Oh my, how things have changed! What happened to the innocence?:D

That might be the name of one of the adult movies they play

RMAC
01-25-2007, 08:48 PM
We have one operating in Graham. Every Sunday night after Memorial weedend until school starts up. It's what we did in Graham. Sadly, I'm now in college and can no longer identify with the front row, which was always just a party with a $5 cover charge. :(

luvhoops34
01-25-2007, 09:32 PM
When I was in high school we used to load up the old VW van with kids and head out to the drive in on Ayers st. Of course, we only paid for two admissions! LOL Either that or take two or three vehicles and put people in the trunk.

We usually went in the winter time because the mosquitos were bad in the summer.

GOFOR2
01-25-2007, 09:33 PM
no mas que no llueve

Rabbit'93
01-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Here's a cool one the family and I go to. Galaxy Drive In (http://www.galaxydriveintheatre.com)

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Here's a cool one the family and I go to. Galaxy Drive In (http://www.galaxydriveintheatre.com)
i wanted to check that one out sometime!

Rabbit'93
01-26-2007, 09:28 AM
It's actually pretty cool. You and wifey should head down there. Late spring is the best because it's not too hot or too many mosquitos. You are not allowed to bring your own drinks or food though. Our kids love it because they don't have to be too quiet.

burnet44
01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Lamesa still has one open

Ranger Mom
01-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Midland has a brand new one with 2 screens.

They show double features and their snack bar is very reasonable or they encourage you to bring your own food.

Five dollars a person to get in for 2 movies....you can't beat that!!

LH OffseasonVet
01-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Gatesville has one, last I heard they still charged $5 a carload. Once we even took the Church bus with around 20 people and they wouldn't accept more than $5 for the entire group.

Phil C
01-26-2007, 10:27 AM
My parents managed the Freer Drive Inn Theatre from 1950 to 1965. I saw lots of great movies then but didn't get to see too much television.
The kids took their sweethearts there to watch movies and not do that hugging or kissing. :)
It was there that I first saw the great movie Dawn at Socorro. :)

Pudlugger
01-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Gee Phil, no hugging or kissing? Sounds kinda harsh to me. In my day that was hot stuff, nothing compared to what goes on nowadays though.:eek: