PDA

View Full Version : Euless Trinity Football Player Arrested

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Trinity football player arrested in assault
By MELISSA VARGAS
STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

EULESS — A 17-year-old linebacker for the Trinity High School football team was arrested by Fort Worth and Euless police at the school Wednesday, accused of punching a 16-year-old Hurst boy in the mouth at a party in Fort Worth two weeks ago, police said. The victim, Whitt Lelux, has been in the hospital in and out of a coma ever since.

Witnesses told police the fight was the result of an intra-district rivalry between L.D. Bell and Trinity high schools in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford district.

Isileli Leota was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault, a second-degree felony. The 200-pound football player remained in jail with bail set at $100,000.

Lelux was at a party Jan. 14 in far east Fort Worth along with about 20 others when a fight broke out in the cul-de-sac in front of a home in the 9000 block of Tyne Trail, witnesses told Lelux’s father, Kenny Lelux, and police.

Whitt Lelux was punched in the mouth by Leota as he watched the melee, Kenny Lelux said. Whitt Lelux was knocked backward and hit his head on the pavement, his father said.

Lelux said students had told him the fight was sparked by a well-known district rivalry between L.D. Bell and Trinity football teams.

The district has not taken any action against Leota because they have not been officially notified by police about any charges, officials said.

tigerpride_08
01-25-2007, 07:16 PM
wow tough break for the player...gotta learn to control yourself though...

buff4life
01-25-2007, 07:31 PM
he threw a one-hitter quitter and he gets all that...its not like he beat the kid...one punch

TexanAlum_06
01-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah he shouldnt have hit the kid, but then again He shouldnt be thrown in jail with a 100,000$ bail for knocking a kid out. thats a little overkill.

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Not in my book. Imagine if it were your boy. Just standing there watching and this thug sucker punches him? He is in a coma for Pete's sake! The kid that hit him should do time and his folks sued for all they are worth.:mad:

Bandera YaYa
01-25-2007, 08:36 PM
OMG ARE YOU KIDDING....NO WONDER KIDS GO AROUND HITTING ONE ANOTHER.....THEY THINK IT'S OK TO DO SO!!! THIS KID IS IN A COMA, FOR PETE'S SAKE......GRRRRRRRRRRRR......GUESS THAT BAIL WOULD BE OK WITH YOU IF HE HAD KILLED THE GUY!!!! WHEN ARE YOU GONNA ACKNOWLEDGE IT IS NOT OK TO HIT SOMEONE!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bandera YaYa
01-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
wow tough break for the player...gotta learn to control yourself though... Tough break for the PLAYER?????????????????????????????? Are u kidding??? Not even a mention of the boy he landed in the hospital?? I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN ALL OF YOU!!!! :mad:

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 08:42 PM
it was one hit, if he woulda hit him while he was down then yea..... but hey, people get in fist fights on occasion, it happens.... i blame it on the kick who got knocked in a coma, its all his fault. if he hadn't had been a one hit quitee then it would of been just another fight right? its all his fault.

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
it was one hit, if he woulda hit him while he was down then yea..... but hey, people get in fist fights on occasion, it happens.... i blame it on the kick who got knocked in a coma, its all his fault. if he hadn't had been a one hit quitee then it would of been just another fight right? its all his fault.

You are so wrong on so many fronts it is stunning. I have nothing to say.:mad:

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
You are so wrong on so many fronts it is stunning. I have nothing to say.:mad: guess you can't sense the sarcasm in that post.... ill try better next time :thumbsup:

GreenMachine
01-25-2007, 08:54 PM
When there is a kid in a coma, there shouldn't be any sarcasm at all. Let's all pray that this young man comes out of the coma okay.

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Not in my book. Imagine if it were your boy. Just standing there watching and this thug sucker punches him? He is in a coma for Pete's sake! The kid that hit him should do time and his folks sued for all they are worth.:mad: thug? sucker punch? im sure he didn't hit him when he wasn't expecting it, im sure probably half the guys on this board have gotten in a fist fight in their years, are you going to call them all thugs? and no, this post isn't sarcastic.

question:if he got knocked out instead would you be calling the other guy a thug as well? why not call them both thugs and quit discriminating the guy who can take a punch. (that might of had a pinch of sarcasm at the end.)

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 08:56 PM
guess you can't sense the sarcasm in that post.... ill try better next time :thumbsup:

Okay, I get it. But try typing s/ after sarcasm (sarcasm off).

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Okay, I get it. But try typing s/ after sarcasm (sarcasm off). :thumbsup: s/

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 08:59 PM
thug? sucker punch? im sure he didn't hit him when he wasn't expecting it, im sure probably half the guys on this board have gotten in a fist fight in their years, are you going to call them all thugs? and no, this post isn't sarcastic.

question:if he got knocked out instead would you be calling the other guy a thug as well? why not call them both thugs and quit discriminating the guy who can take a punch. (that might of had a pinch of sarcasm at the end.)

Oh, well, now I see you actually defend your enormously insensitive statement. My prior statement stands. Obviously you have no children.:mad:

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Oh, well, now I see you actually defend your enormously insensitive statement. My prior statement stands. Obviously you have no children.:mad: i hope not, i wouldn't be able to take care of them with my college income. "don't be a fool, wrap your tool" :thumbsup:

sahen
01-25-2007, 09:01 PM
note to anyone on this board that gets ina fist fight in the future....if you are not involved/close friends with one of the 2 parties dont watch, leave....if you are around the fight then pay attention to the angry dude coming at you, he probably isnt going to shake your hand....

GreenMachine
01-25-2007, 09:01 PM
thug? sucker punch? im sure he didn't hit him when he wasn't expecting it, im sure probably half the guys on this board have gotten in a fist fight in their years, are you going to call them all thugs? and no, this post isn't sarcastic.

question:if he got knocked out instead would you be calling the other guy a thug as well? why not call them both thugs and quit discriminating the guy who can take a punch. (that might of had a pinch of sarcasm at the end.) How do you know he didn't hit him while he wasn't looking? Were you there? Like I said before, the main thing is that this kid is okay!

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
How do you know he didn't hit him while he wasn't looking? Were you there? Like I said before, the main thing is that this kid is okay! i don't know, and it doesn't say, but someone had to say something besides the kid got sucker punched.....:rolleyes:

stupid thugs!!! they're everywhere!

and i agree, glad he is okay as well

smustangs
01-25-2007, 09:16 PM
wow reuben you opened a can of worms here haha

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
wow reuben you opened a can of worms here haha [s] did i? [s/] :D

tigerpride_08
01-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Tough break for the PLAYER?????????????????????????????? Are u kidding??? Not even a mention of the boy he landed in the hospital?? I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN ALL OF YOU!!!! :mad:

boys will be boys...im guilty of getting into a few fights....im just not as strong as this guy...

Panther One
01-25-2007, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't cast judgement until everything is sorted out. I have a feeling eye witness accounts will probably differ depending on which school the witness is from. This article interviews the injured kid's father. How would it read had they interviewed the accused kid's father? I had a roommate get into a fight once and get charged with assault, but all the charges were dropped because of conflicting eye-witness reports, so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

I also have a really hard time believing that the injured kid did nothing to provoke the other kid. While I do not condone violence, I suspect that the victim's actions or words led to the punch. If you're going to be present at the fight and take part either verbally or physically, then you assume a certain amount of risk. I'm guessing the accused will probably get convicted on a lesser charge.

And since it seems that it was his head hitting the concrete that caused the injury, would everyone be as upset had the injury been caused by a shove? Teenagers make stupid decisions, especially young males when the testosterone gets flowing. You poeple know nothing about either kid, yet you all are quick to call the accused a thug and are deeply concerned about the injured. Me, I'd keep both in my prayers hoping that one recovers and that the other hasn't ruined his life and learns from this mistake.

Why do parents always put themselves in the shoes of the victim's parents? Why not ever in the shoes of the accused? Is it because they think their children are good kids who would never make such a mistake? Have you ever wondered if the accused parent's felt the same about him? Good kids can make dumb decisions, too. And sometimes thugs are the victim. It's hard to tell who is who from a newspaper article.

smustangs
01-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
I wouldn't cast judgement until everything is sorted out. I have a feeling eye witness accounts will probably differ depending on which school the witness is from. This article interviews the injured kid's father. How would it read had they interviewed the accused kid's father? I had a roommate get into a fight once and get charged with assault, but all the charges were dropped because of conflicting eye-witness reports, so it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

I also have a really hard time believing that the injured kid did nothing to provoke the other kid. While I do not condone violence, I suspect that the victim's actions or words led to the punch. If you're going to be present at the fight and take part either verbally or physically, then you assume a certain amount of risk. I'm guessing the accused will probably get convicted on a lesser charge.

And since it seems that it was his head hitting the concrete that caused the injury, would everyone be as upset had the injury been caused by a shove? Teenagers make stupid decisions, especially young males when the testosterone gets flowing. You poeple know nothing about either kid, yet you all are quick to call the accused a thug and are deeply concerned about the injured. Me, I'd keep both in my prayers hoping that one recovers and that the other hasn't ruined his life and learns from this mistake.

Why do parents always put themselves in the shoes of the victim's parents? Why not ever in the shoes of the accused? Is it because they think their children are good kids who would never make such a mistake? Have you ever wondered if the accused parent's felt the same about him? Good kids can make dumb decisions, too. And sometimes thugs are the victim. It's hard to tell who is who from a newspaper article.

amen that sums it all up right there great post

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Panther One

Why do parents always put themselves in the shoes of the victim's parents? Why not ever in the shoes of the accused? Is it because they think their children are good kids who would never make such a mistake? Have you ever wondered if the accused parent's felt the same about him? Good kids can make dumb decisions, too. And sometimes thugs are the victim. It's hard to tell who is who from a newspaper article. :clap: :clap: :clap: thank you for saying what i wanted to...i'm not one thats good with words.