PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't It Be Great

bobcat1
01-25-2007, 05:15 PM
WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR ANY U.S. PRESIDENT, DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GIVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of Iraq regime has been completed.

Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete.

This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq . This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now time to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short. The United Kingdom , Spain , Bulgaria , Australia , and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list! . Most o f the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hellholes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France .

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home. On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France , or maybe China ..

I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France , Germany , and Russia .. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York ..

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2. Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.

Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put em? Yep, border security.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty - starting now.

We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be drilling for oil in Alaska - which will take care of this country's oil needs for decades to come. If you're an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there. They care.

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "darn tootin."

Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America . It is time to eliminate homelessness in America . To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thank you guys. We owe you and we won't forget.

To the nations on List 2, a final thou! ght: You might want to learn to speak Arabic.

God bless America . Thank you and good night.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

Blastoderm55
01-25-2007, 05:17 PM
:clap:

I may not agree with it all, but I'd love to have a president with the balls to say something like that.

Adidas410s
01-25-2007, 05:18 PM
I got this e-mail from a friend yesterday. She loves sending out things such as this that are so ridiculous that it's sad. Seeing as how she sent it to about 50 people...I decided to write a little response for the non-free thinkers amongst us that take what they read to be fact. Here ya go.

Oh there are so many reasons why what is written would be a BAD idea. I’ve got a few minutes…so I’m going to talk about a few of them! :)

1) Many of the countries that we give foreign aid to own US Debt…and very significant amounts of it. We pull our aid…they come wanting to collect on the t-bills that they have. Watch what happens to the US economy when Japan and China decide they want payment for the US t-bills that they own. As a side note, they (Japan and China) own over $1 TRILLION of our debt. You’ve heard about Black Tuesday of 1929 or Black Monday of 1987…those days would pale in comparison to what would happen if we were on the hook to immediately pay over $1 trillion to those two countries alone. All told…about $3.5 trillion in US Debt is owed to foreign countries.

2) American businesses rely heavily on foreign countries for production, manufacturing, etc of many of the goods that we already buy. If the US were to pull aid to these countries then many of our top businesses would crater as their ability to operate in a profitable manner would cease to exist once many countries put up tariffs and other economic blockades to keep American businesses out of their countries. Markets will fall apart as more and more roadblocks are implemented to prevent a system of free trade to operate on a global scale. My first point would have disastrous effects on the country…but the thought of this happening would be MUCH worse and have a much greater long term impact upon our country because so many jobs would be lost. Imagine what Enron did to tens of thousands of people in Houston…and then multiply that by an extremely large number and you can begin to grasp the effect that it would have upon our country as a whole.

Is the person that wrote this an idiot??? It sure sounds like it!!! It sounds like they missed the boat on understanding the basis principles that a republic (yes…America was founded as a republic, NOT a democracy) is based on??? The principles of inclusion, choice, a free economic system, and freedoms from various oppressions are all kicked to the curb with these thoughts. If my president came out and said such things and actually tried to implement them…I would only hope that Congress would call for his immediate impeachment and removal from office. Also, people that think this way remind me to thank God that we live in a republic that has a system of checks and balances to prevent such things from occurring. If, God forbid, our president ever decided that he has absolute powers and tried to run America his way…then at least there is a system in place to a) prevent him from doing so and b) remove him from office as soon as possible. Is America perfect? No of course not. Are the ideas put forth in this letter going to improve the current state of our great nation? Absolutely not. They would do nothing but hamper our ability to function as a prosperous nation for a long time…if not for all of time.

I’ll get off my soapbox now and go back to work. Have a great day! :)

carter08
01-25-2007, 05:27 PM
I was with you until the lists

bobcat1
01-25-2007, 05:27 PM
I didn't think it could be done, but like Blast, I would love to know we had a President that would let 'em swang like that! ;)

bobcat1
01-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Here's Carter! :doh: How'd that PM link I sent you work out yesterday Carter? Did you get educated at all?

Adidas410s
01-25-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I didn't think it could be done, but like Blast, I would love to know we had a President that would let 'em swang like that! ;)

I'd prefer to not have a president that's a moron. Some say Bush isn't the brightest guy...but for anybody to come out with those statements would be just plain idiotic...and I wrote a few thoughts on why it would be. If that ever happened...I'd be on the first flight to Australia.

carter08
01-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Here's Carter! :doh: How'd that PM link I sent you work out yesterday Carter? Did you get educated at all?

I trust my Muslim friends more than I trust a link you send me. Many Koran verses that people hear about violence and all that are not actually in the Koran.

bobcat1
01-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by carter08
I trust my Muslim friends more than I trust a link you send me. Many Koran verses that people hear about violence and all that are not actually in the Koran. Yea Uhm Okay............