PDA

View Full Version : The Cowboys have received permission to interview G

Txbroadcaster
01-25-2007, 02:33 PM
SPORTS ALERT
The Cowboys have received permission to interview New Orleans defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs, a former Cowboys assistant, for the head coaching vacancy. Details to come.

Adidas410s
01-25-2007, 02:34 PM
wow...is JJ going to interview ANYBODY that was on the rumored list??? :thinking:

Txbroadcaster
01-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
wow...is JJ going to interview ANYBODY that was on the rumored list??? :thinking:

Not sure if this is a serious interview..but if it is might show they are going back to 4-3 defense

pirate4state
01-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

He is interviewing the downlow list. :D :p Jimmy Johnson is next.

Txbroadcaster
01-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Oh I would hope not lol

Adidas410s
01-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

I would love to see him bring in two young guys as OC and DC and then bring in Mike Singletary as HC. Singletary in charge of personnel and keeping people in line...and the coordinators handle the play calling duties!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
01-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Could Jerry be the Head Coach and thats why hes pickiing his OC and DC:thinking:

smustangs
01-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Could Jerry be the Head Coach and thats why hes pickiing his OC and DC:thinking:

With that man it wouldn't suprise me. He's on the field as much as a hc now anyways.

g$$
01-25-2007, 07:37 PM

Might as well be! Cowboys are in trouble...wonder why???

(no need to list the many reasons, TO, JJ, etc.)

Garrett will be a puppet just like Gailey & Campo were in the demise. Nothing will change as long as JJ pulls the strings on the football side of things.

smustangs
01-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by g$$

Garrett will be a puppet just like Gailey & Campo were in the demise. Nothing will change as long as JJ pulls the strings on the football side of things.

AMEN:clap: :clap:

Emerson1
01-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Not sure if this is a serious interview..but if it is might show they are going back to 4-3 defense
I read in the DMN that the franchise wants to stay with a 3-4. The players they have fit that best.

Txbroadcaster
01-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by g$$

You know it is funny you say that about Jones pulling the strings and all that...BUT He let Parcells call the shots..Yes Jones brought in TO, but Parcells had to sign off on it. Parcells installed the defense and offense he wanted..made all the rules such as assistants cant talk to media, drafted the player HE WANTED...And where did that get the Cowboys? Yes a better records but no play-off success...Better records, but the team had a bad habit of tanking once December hit. None of that is on Jones..that is all on Parcells..THE GUY Jones let run the show.

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 08:11 PM
The guy who also left us out to hang dry...oooo that burns me up! I jumped off his bandwagon real quick.:mad:

bobcat1
01-25-2007, 08:12 PM
This is on the Cowboys website tonight: Dallas has been granted permission to talk to Turner, Gibbs, and Phillips.

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
This is on the Cowboys website tonight: Dallas has been granted permission to talk to Turner, Gibbs, and Phillips.

Will Jerry go:

1) Eenie meenie meine moe....

2) Duck duck Goose

3) "Can I be your Head Coach?" Jerry replies, "YOU DIDN'T SAY JERRY MAY I!!!!!!!!"

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Forrest Gump accent..."I'm naught a smaught maaaan"....:p

bobcat1
01-25-2007, 08:21 PM
I like the Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett duo out of that deal. If they were Head and OC with Gibbs as DC, it could be awesome. I don't like Norv Turner so much. What if they made Jason Head, Wade or Gibbs DC and Norv as OC? Wouldn't that be a trip. LOL

Bandera YaYa
01-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Could Jerry be the Head Coach and thats why hes pickiing his OC and DC:thinking: omg don't make me vomit! :eek: :eek:

Macarthur
01-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I think I'm more in favor of the Norv as HC Garrett as OC.

I'm not sure about PHillips. He's a better coach than most think, but I want someone younger.

Norv would maximize the offense. Really, a DC is easier to find than a good offensive person.

Gp83
01-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I think I'm more in favor of the Norv as HC Garrett as OC.

I'm not sure about PHillips. He's a better coach than most think, but I want someone younger.

Norv would maximize the offense. Really, a DC is easier to find than a good offensive person.
That does make sense

JR2004
01-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Since I'm not a fan of the girls, this drama amuses me to no end!

GreenMachine
01-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Hire Gruden! Hire Gruden!! Hire Gruden!!!

kepdawg
01-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Since I'm not a fan of the girls, this drama amuses me to no end!

I'm a fan and it amuses me!

smustangs
01-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Will Jerry go:

1) Eenie meenie meine moe....

2) Duck duck Goose

3) "Can I be your Head Coach?" Jerry replies, "YOU DIDN'T SAY JERRY MAY I!!!!!!!!"

haha best post i have read in a while :clap: :clap: :clap: