PDA

View Full Version : Everyone buy Ford Vehicles if

Phil C
01-25-2007, 01:06 PM
you are in the market sometime. Please help them out. They are an American Company. :(

http://www.yahoo.com/s/491266

Blastoderm55
01-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Have 3 Fords at home.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 01:12 PM
2 Dodge Rams
1 Ford Explorer
1 Ford Pickup
1 Chevrolet Pickup

lepfan
01-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I have 2 Fords. We have ALWAYS bough Fords....with the exception of this last purchase.

We bought the Honda Accord Coupe because after shopping Ford they did not have anything comparable that offered the safety features. The price was good, but we chose to go with the vehicle with the higher safety ratings. It also helped that a paramedic told me that he went out and bought his wife one after working many accidents where the car suffered great damage, but the occupants were not as seriously injured as other vehicles in similar circumstances.

This car will become my daughter's car when she turns 16 this summer. SAFETY features came wayyyyyy before price or style in this purchase!

My next one will either be an Expedition or a Tahoe...not sure.

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 01:30 PM
We have all Chevy's.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
you are in the market sometime. Please help them out. They are an American Company. :(

http://www.yahoo.com/s/491266

Phil I know what you're saying but I won't do it. Having a Jewish heritage I don't feel right buying from a company that had a founder that was open anit-semitic and supported Hitler in his campain of genocide.

HM33
01-25-2007, 01:33 PM
3 Fords
2 Old Chevys (one is kinda totaled lol, other doesnt run right)
1 Corvett
1 Jeep

burnet44
01-25-2007, 01:34 PM
I was all chevy forever
3 fords now
wish they were paid off

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Phil I know what you're saying but I won't do it. Having a Jewish heritage I don't feel right buying from a company that had a founder that was open anit-semitic and supported Hitler in his campain of genocide.

I can understand that. How's that research going on the input to piss excellence?

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I can understand that. How's that research going on the input to piss excellence?

I'm working on it, got a jar in fridge just waiting for analysis.

mistanice
01-25-2007, 01:44 PM
3 Honda's - two accords, 1 prelude
1 Dodge Ram
1 GMC Yukon
1 Buick Regal
1 Chevy pickup

No Fords.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm working on it, got a jar in fridge just waiting for analysis.

Are you sure it's not for something else?

"I don't need to take a test to tell you that I do drugs." -Out Cold

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Are you sure it's not for something else?

"I don't need to take a test to tell you that I do drugs." -Out Cold

Haha I am having to take Botany right now. ;) Maybe I'll try to grow some genetically engineered plants.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 01:51 PM
Haha I am having to take Botany right now. ;) Maybe I'll try to grow some genetically engineered plants.

Try using Gatorade to "water" them. It has electrolytes, and it's what plants want. ;)

Blastoderm55
01-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Try using Gatorade to "water" them. It has electrolytes, and it's what plants want. ;)

Brawno - The Thirst Mutilator :cool:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Brawno - The Thirst Mutilator :cool:

I love that movie. :thumbsup:

Phil C
01-25-2007, 01:59 PM

ASU I admire the Jewish faith.

Blastoderm55
01-25-2007, 02:00 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

CHS_CG
01-25-2007, 02:13 PM
If I ever got a Ford I would be disowned from my family. My dad is a Chevy/ GMC guy. We have a Chevy van at home and 2 hyundai Elantra's (00 and an 04) and an old model Chevy truck my dad is working on/ restoring. I am also fixing to get me a 07 Chevy Colorado.. Ford is NOT in my future lol

44INAROW
01-25-2007, 02:20 PM

LOL Phil is always on his toes!

pirate4state
01-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Chevy gal here. No Found On Road Dead for me anytime soon.

GetRDoneStangs
01-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I will push my Chevy...(haven't had to yet)

BEFORE I will buy a ford!

Fotbol
01-25-2007, 03:12 PM
If Ford starts to make Cadillacs, I'll buy one!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

crzyjournalist03
01-25-2007, 03:29 PM
I think that Ford's big problem right now is that they're not selling cars targeted to a young market. Outside of the Mustang, none of their cars are very popular right now. The Fusion and the Five Hundred seem tailored to an older look. Ford needs to create a car that has mass appeal to the young crowds like a Civic, Cobalt, Malibu, Corrola, etc.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-25-2007, 03:54 PM

Haha well I grew up pretty much baptist, it's only know that I've come to "admire" it as well.

Phil C
01-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Haha well I grew up pretty much baptist, it's only know that I've come to "admire" it as well.

ASU I admire the Baptist Church.

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 05:23 PM

Will you buy a New York Times? They supported and propagandised for Joseph Stalin who murdered millions of his own people many of whom were Jews. The 30's were an interesting time as they say.You had isolationist anti-semites like Ford and Lindburg backing Hitler and communists and fellow travelers on the left backing Stalin and the Soviets pushing FDR to get into the war. The Japanese made the issue perfectly clear on December 7th 1941 and in the long run our nation's best interests propelled us into the war. We are reliving that history now I'm sad to say with the WOT and Iran with Armadingdong's nukes. Only now it is the left that opposes the WOT and wants to appease the Islamofacists. Unfortunately rather than to stand up for what is right many people chose to ignore evil and try to appease evil and it never works. The world is a much scarier place now than during the Cold War.

Hansum Stranger
01-25-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm to lazy to push my car so ford's out of the question for me.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
We are reliving that history now I'm sad to say with the WOT and Iran with Armadingdong's nukes. Only now it is the left that opposes the WOT and wants to appease the Islamofacists. Unfortunately rather than to stand up for what is right many people chose to ignore evil and try to appease evil and it never works. The world is a much scarier place now than during the Cold War.

If you don't know what you're talking about, then shut up. All I just saw was a bunch of rambling bullcrap. If you're going to make an argument about current events, then that is fine, I would like to see justifiable reasons and facts, not just your skewed view of a situation and your perspective on it. Keep your incorrect perspective on the beliefs that people like me uphold out of the conversation.

Emerson1
01-25-2007, 07:01 PM
2 Ford f-150s (01 and 05 I think)
1 Ford Ranger (96)
2 Chevys (Tahoe and Cavalier)

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 07:05 PM
If you don't know what you're talking about, then shut up. All I just saw was a bunch of rambling bullcrap. If you're going to make an argument about current events, then that is fine, I would like to see justifiable reasons and facts, not just your skewed view of a situation and your perspective on it. Keep your incorrect perspective on the beliefs that people like me uphold out of the conversation.

You are probably 19 years old and are full of yourself. Fine, you will be paying the price for your foolish beliefs more so than me. I am 61 years old and have been around and seen a lot more than you could imagine in your X Box lifetime.

I was a Goldwater conservative at 18 at UC Berkeley in 1964 when it all started with Mario Savio at Sather Gate (look it up in Wikipedia son). I was at UCLA working on a Master's in 1970 when Kent State happened and was chased by helmeted cops with night sticks during the protests. I marched in San Francisco in 1971. I went from conservative to left wing to conservative over a course of about 10 years.

I remember arguing with my girlfiend's mother around 1968 about pulling out of Vietnam. She said there would be a huge bloodbath. I poo poohed that and you know what? She was right, millions died when the Americans abandoned the south Vietnamese in Vietnam and Cambodia.

My junior year in high school 1962 we had a Cambodian foreign exchange student. She was some sort of Royalty under the Sihanouk regime then. My German teacher thought it would be good to have her talk about her country to our class. She was a communist and ranted on about the CIA undermining her government etc. Well I have often wondered what became of her when Pol Pot openned the killing fields in Cambodia a decade latter in his failed attempt to bring a communist utopia to Cambodia.

My point is that I have a bit more perspective here than you have. I have lived long enough to see my naive youthful and foolish leftist beliefs play out in history. You are a rash and callous youth with little appreciation or respect for your elders. I have witnessed this in your self absorbed and vacuous responses many times on this board. You will see the truth if not now than latter. I am confident of that.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 07:14 PM
You are probably 19 years old and are full of yourself. Fine, you will be paying the price for your foolish beliefs more so than me. I am 61 years old and have been around and seen a lot more than you could imagine in your X Box lifetime.

I was a Goldwater conservative at 18 at UC Berkeley in 1964 when it all started with Mario Savio at Sather Gate (look it up in Wikipedia son). I was at UCLA working on a Master's in 1970 when Kent State happened and was chased by helmeted cops with night sticks during the protests. I marched in San Francisco in 1971. I went from conservative to left wing to conservative over a course of about 10 years.

I remember arguing with my girlfiend's mother around 1968 about pulling out of Vietnam. She said there would be a huge bloodbath. I poo poohed that and you know what? She was right, millions died when the Americans abandoned the south Vietnamese in Vietnam and Cambodia.

My junior year in high school 1962 we had a Cambodian foreign exchange student. She was some sort of Royalty under the Sihanouk regime then. My German teacher thought it would be good to have her talk about her country to our class. She was a communist and ranted on about the CIA undermining her government etc. Well I have often wondered what became of her when Pol Pot openned the killing fields in Cambodia a decade latter in his failed attempt to bring a communist utopia to Cambodia.

My point is that I have a bit more perspective here than you have. I have lived long enough to see my naive youthful and foolish leftist beliefs play out in history. You are a rash and callous youth with little appreciation or respect for your elders. I have witnessed this in your self absorbed and vacuous responses many times on this board. You will see the truth if not now than latter. I am confident of that.

You can think of me whatever you please, but if you're so upbeat about the war on terror and giving up your personal liberties, that is all well and good, but I am not. If you think that war is the way to go in Iran, buy you a plane ticket, and as soon as you touchdown, by a gun and by all means start fighting. Hastiness is what got us in the situation in Iraq, hastiness by Democrats and Republicans alike. I say that to every member of Congress who approved taking military action in that nation, regardless. I don't agree with our troops dying for something that could have been avoided altogether. You seem all gung-ho about it, but how is this any different than the Cold War? Diplomacy kept missiles from being fired, and eventually the nation that was facing off against us crumbled because they knew that they did not have the resources, the manpower, or the resolve to fight the war against America. You're right, you have been here a lot longer than I have, and have seen a lot of things, but what you know about, chances are I have read about from more than one source. Like it or not, I am very well-educated on the current matters at hand, and I have seen what has happened in the past. I stand by what I believe in, and I belief in life and liberty over avoidable death and bloodshed. You can call me disrespectful if you like, I have nothing to prove to you, but I know what I am, as do my parents and any adult who has earned my respect. You may think that just because you're my elder it means that I automatically owe you something, but that is a fallacy. As far as seeing the truth, I do lean to the left, and I plan on staying there for the rest of my life.

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 07:25 PM
You can start by refraining from telling someone to shut up. That's direspectful, especially from a neophyte like yourself to an elder like me. And fortunately nobody will hold you to that pledge to remain a leftist all your life. One of the benefits of being young and foolish is that you can be young and foolish. LOL) :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 07:29 PM
You can start by refraining from telling someone to shut up. That's direspectful, especially from a neophyte like yourself to an elder like me. And fortunately nobody will hold you to that pledge to remain a leftist all your life. One of the benefits of being young and foolish is that you can be young and foolish. LOL) :D

And you can start by refraining from throwing attacks towards people who have different opinions than you do. Also, just because you're my elder does not mean that I owe you anything, as I said before, respect is earned, not given. For the record, I would rather be young and foolish than old and ignorant.

LH Panther Mom
01-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cut it out, guys.

GetRDoneStangs
01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Baseball..
Hot Dogs.

Apple Pie....

and..

Chevrolete!

smustangs
01-25-2007, 07:42 PM
1 nissan titan
1 ford f150
1 toyota 4 runner
1 porsche

at my parents house now. When we had our business all the company trucks were fords. I drive a chevy silverado though.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by smustangs
1 nissan titan
1 ford f150
1 toyota 4 runner
1 porsche

at my parents house now. When we had our business all the company trucks were fords. I drive a chevy silverado though.

Can't beat that Cummins diesel.

smustangs
01-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Can't beat that Cummins diesel.

true

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 07:45 PM
BA in Psychology UCSB 1968
MPH Behavioral Sciences UCLA 1970
M.D. cum laude University of Missouri 1976
Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society Medicine 1975.
F.A.C.O.G. 1982

That's just the start. I can list ten blue collar jobs I worked in getting there and numerous awards and recognitions from my peers for civic and professional works.

I could go own and own and own with my resume . Let's see yours now since you are so well educated with a high school diploma from Rockdale Texas LOL.

BTW I still drive a 1981 F150 I bought new in 1982 on my ranch. Thanks Phil for helping a good company out. Too bad they had such poor management and gave so much away to the unions.

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 07:48 PM
who gets an eduaction from these american high schools now a days anyways? the school system is a joke, you learn more watchin the news and reading a book.

smustangs
01-25-2007, 07:50 PM
High school did not prepare me for college one bit.

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
who gets an eduaction from these american high schools now a days anyways? the school system is a joke, you learn more watchin the news and reading a book.

Sad but true. Self educated and home school children are excelling in higher education and on sats these days.

mistanice
Philosophers have true knowledge.

GetRDoneStangs
Originally posted by DU_stud04

This is true...to an evtent Rueben...

It depends on WHO you are watching and WHAT you are reading!

Very good point, though!

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 07:54 PM
BBDE? I'm waiting?

the sound of Crickets...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
BA in Psychology UCSB 1968
MPH Behavioral Sciences UCLA 1970
M.D. cum laude University of Missouri 1976
Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society Medicine 1975.
F.A.C.O.G. 1982

That's just the start. I can list ten blue collar jobs I worked in getting there and numerous awards and recognitions from my peers for civic and professional works.

I could go own and own and own with my resume . Let's see yours now since you are so well educated with a high school diploma from Rockdale Texas LOL.

BTW I still drive a 1981 F150 I bought new in 1982 on my ranch. Thanks Phil for helping a good company out. Too bad they had such poor management and gave so much away to the unions.

That is a nice resume', no doubt, but you act like I have a choice as to what mine is. You're right, all I have is a High School Diploma from Rockdale High School, with a long list of activities, graduating with honors and in the top 10% of my class. I am now a Freshman at Texas A&M University, Petroleum Engineering major. That's pretty much it, but degrees don't identify or discard the intelligence of an individual. By the time I'm your age, I'm sure that I will have a resume' that is equal to or exceeds that of which you currently possess, if all goes accordingly. In life you take things one step at a time. Where is your resume' from serving in the armed forces and protecting our country?

smustangs
Originally posted by mistanice
Philosophers have true knowledge.

I had a philosophy class after 2 days i dropped haha

DU_stud04
and they wonder why immigrants come in and take our higher jobs from us....theyre better educated from the get go. they come in to our university's, our jobs fields, and rape us because theyve lived in a country that plans to succeed by something more than a lotto ticket or get rich quick scheme.

smustangs
01-25-2007, 07:55 PM
preach it reu

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 07:56 PM
That is a nice resume', no doubt, but you act like I have a choice as to what mine is. You're right, all I have is a High School Diploma from Rockdale High School, with a long list of activities, graduating with honors and in the top 10% of my class. I am now a Freshman at Texas A&M University, Petroleum Engineering major. That's pretty much it, but degrees don't identify or discard the intelligence of an individual. By the time I'm your age, I'm sure that I will have a resume' that is equal to or exceeds that of which you currently possess, if all goes accordingly. In life you take things one step at a time. Where is your resume' from serving in the armed forces and protecting our country?

I sincerely hope you do. I also will wager that if so you will change your politics as well.:)

mistanice
01-25-2007, 07:56 PM

The Asians are taking over CS & A&M!

smustangs
01-25-2007, 07:57 PM
The Asians are taking over CS & A&M!

Have you been to Baylor? they are every were there too

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 07:58 PM
I sincerely hope you do. I also will wager that if so you will change your politics as well.:)

Why, because I will be wealthy and want to embrace the idea of supply-side economics that the right pushes? I think not.

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Maybe you would rather shop for your wife and daughter in a state owned store for their Burkas.:D

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Have you been to Baylor? they are every were there too engineering department here at uta.....if your not asian, your a minority.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Pudlugger, you never answered my last question.

Pudlugger
01-25-2007, 08:02 PM
BBDE I'm done now. Arguing with you is like my cat toying with a mouse. I'll just leave it at that for now thanks for the fun though.:D

mistanice
01-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I had a philosophy class after 2 days i dropped haha

Why'd you drop? was it an elective?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 08:07 PM
BBDE I'm done now. Arguing with you is like my cat toying with a mouse. I'll just leave it at that for now thanks for the fun though.:D

So, I should take it as you never served in our armed forces?

smustangs
01-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Why'd you drop? was it an elective?

Well i thought i had to have another social or behavioral science but i got to count economics twice so i dropped and it was WAY WAY WAY over my head. i lost him when he started askin if we were really in class.

DU_stud04
01-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Well i thought i had to have another social or behavioral science but i got to count economics twice so i dropped and it was WAY WAY WAY over my head. i lost him when he started askin if we were really in class. duly noted... :D