PDA

View Full Version : Roger federer

BTEXDAD
01-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't watch a lot of pro tennis, but saw some of Federer the other day. They flashed his record against the top men players in the world and it was unbelievable.
He is so dominant, he appears to have no competition. His record at that time was 12-1 against Roddick. Yesterday, he beat Roddick again, 6-4, 6-0, 6-2.

They say what's hurting him is that he hasn't had any of those classic matches in the final of a big tournament to solidify his reputation as best player around. You know the Borg vs McEnroe at wimbledon or somethign like that.
Federer is amazing player, possibly best ever.
Just my thought for the day.

Snyder_TigerFan
01-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by BTEXDAD
I don't watch a lot of pro tennis, but saw some of Federer the other day. They flashed his record against the top men players in the world and it was unbelievable.
He is so dominant, he appears to have no competition. His record at that time was 12-1 against Roddick. Yesterday, he beat Roddick again, 6-4, 6-0, 6-2.

They say what's hurting him is that he hasn't had any of those classic matches in the final of a big tournament to solidify his reputation as best player around. You know the Borg vs McEnroe at wimbledon or somethign like that.
Federer is amazing player, possibly best ever.
Just my thought for the day.

I agree. He's head and shoulders above the competition. I think that's why there has been a lull men's tennis. You pretty much know who's going to win.

Adidas410s
01-25-2007, 10:24 AM
agreed...he's so far ahead of the competition...and he doesn't have anybody that he can have epic matches with (ala Sampras/Agassi, McEnroe/Borg, McEnroe/Connors) so he's looked at in a similar fashion to how Tiger was viewed 5 years ago. Phenomenal talent...maybe one of the best ever...but are his records as impressive when the competition pales in comparison???

Maroon87
01-25-2007, 12:08 PM
He needs someone to play Agassi to his Sampras, someone that can beat him often enough to make it interesting. Maybe Nadal is that guy but who knows?

District303aPastPlayer
01-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
He needs someone to play Agassi to his Sampras, someone that can beat him often enough to make it interesting. Maybe Nadal is that guy but who knows?

Nadal is good... but Federer owns him in finals recently...