PDA

View Full Version : Suspended player calls in fake bomb threat so game isnt played without him!

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Suspended Denton player jailed for bomb threat

10:37 PM CST on Wednesday, January 24, 2007
By JEFF ANDREWS / Denton Record-Chronicle
jandrews@dentonrc.com

An area high school basketball player is accused of making a bomb threat that delayed the start of a game he was to miss while under a school suspension.

Denton forward Howard Stirgus, 18, remained in jail late Wednesday on suspicion of making a false alarm and abusing the 911 system.

Stirgus, a senior, is the third-leading scorer among area Class 4A schools. A New Orleans native, he came to Denton in 2005 after fleeing Hurricane Katrina.

Stirgus was arrested Tuesday night. According to the police report, Stirgus began calling Denton High School at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday while the school was hosting a doubleheader between the Denton and Guyer girls and boys teams, claiming there was a bomb in the building and it would detonate in minutes.

The start of the girls game was delayed more than an hour while police and fire officials searched the school.

Stirgus, who averages 21.9 points and 9.8 rebounds, was not allowed to play in the game because he was suspended from school for three days for fighting. According to the report, Stirgus admitted making the calls but didn't say much else.

Ken Purcell, athletic director for the Denton ISD, said Stirgus will not play pending the completion of a district investigation. He declined further comment.

Head coach Harold Jackson declined to comment.

Both games were played. The Denton boys beat last-place Guyer, 64-63, to improve to 17-9.

44INAROW
01-25-2007, 09:29 AM
If he did in fact do this, WHAT A FREAKING IDIOT.............:rolleyes:

[ A New Orleans native, he came to Denton in 2005 after fleeing Hurricane Katrina.] no other comment

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 09:41 AM
I - D - I - O - T

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I - D - I - O - T

Sounds like you two guys have a lot in common.

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END

?

jason
01-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Sounds like you two guys have a lot in common. i sure hope you're not calling ka an idiot...he is far more intelligent than you can ever hope to be...

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 09:56 AM
SOunds to me like he's gonna go pro.

I'm just saying....

Maroon87
01-25-2007, 10:03 AM
Not too bright.

44INAROW
01-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
SOunds to me like he's gonna go pro.

I'm just saying....

Classic.......... :clap: :clap:

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by jason
i sure hope you're not calling ka an idiot...he is far more intelligent than you can ever hope to be...

Im still trying to figure out if he was calling me an idiot or what?

luvhoops34
01-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
If he did in fact do this, WHAT A FREAKING IDIOT.............:rolleyes:

[ A New Orleans native, he came to Denton in 2005 after fleeing Hurricane Katrina.] no other comment

I was thinking the same thing. :clap: After reading this and some of the other horrific things the katrina refugees have done it makes me wonder how these people can even be considered part of the civilized world.:mad: I say they all need to go on back to NO and leave the great state of Texas alone!

jason
Im still trying to figure out if he was calling me an idiot or what? hes just a brain-washed wanna be aggie football player...dont let his mental confusion get you down....

Ranger Mom

That is how I took it also!!

CenTexSports
01-25-2007, 10:07 AM
It don't take a genius to figure out that he did.

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
It don't take a genius to figure out that is did.

oh...gotcha

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I was thinking the same thing. :clap: After reading this and some of the other horrific things the katrina refugees have done it makes me wonder how these people can even be considered part of the civilized world.:mad: I say they all need to go on back to NO and leave the great state of Texas alone!

Now that you mention it....my hometown big M-Town (REPRESENT WOOF WOOF, yeah ummm....), there were a lot of refugees that came over and started a riot (no joke) with alot of the Marshall students.

Now I don't know who was at fault....but wow....not everyday Marshall had riots...

So....I dunno...

I don't want to get into the whole Katrina mess...its a nightmare of a topic. :eek:

GreenMonster
01-25-2007, 10:09 AM
My thoughts were that he was saying KA and Mrs. 44 had a lot in common due to both of them pointing out that this guy is an I-D-I-O-T. Just my take.

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
My thoughts were that he was saying KA and Mrs. 44 had a lot in common due to both of them pointing out that this guy is an I-D-I-O-T. Just my take.

was my first thought.....

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by jason
hes just a brain-washed wanna be aggie football player...dont let his mental confusion get you down....

I love rivalries.

CenTexSports
01-25-2007, 10:11 AM
IS is he when you are typing while people are coming into your office. In my defense, I made one C in school (those many years ago) and it was in typing. So it is not my strength.

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
IS is he when you are typing while people are coming into your office. In my defense, I made one C in school (those many years ago) and it was in typing. So it is not my strength.

haha. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something

luvhoops34
01-25-2007, 10:25 AM

Sounds to me like BBDD is calling KA an idiot! Remember the rules of the DL....Oh I forgot, those rules don't apply to everybody.

:thinking:

"3). Do not engage in personal attacks.
Avoid name calling and the use of derogatory terms toward others. That attaches a personal flavor that most posters will find objectionable. Try reversing the roles and see how you would feel if someone said it to you. Avoid using people's real names in your posts. At 3A Downlow, we also tend to frown upon posts that attack the integrity of school systems and coaches. We are not here to air personal vendettas."

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 10:27 AM

The idiot can't figure out when I'm calling him an idiot, and the other idiot can't tell that I'm just joking. :doh: :D

Ranger Mom
01-25-2007, 10:30 AM
The idiot can't figure out when I'm calling him an idiot, and he other idiot can't tell that I'm just joking. :doh: :D

huh??

"he other idiot"??:crazy1:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
huh??

"he other idiot"??:crazy1:

I meant THE. :mad:

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:34 AM
so in either situation I'm being called an idiot. Interesting.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 10:36 AM
so in either situation I'm being called an idiot. Interesting.

Precisely. :D

Ranger Mom
01-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I meant THE. :mad:

I know!

It just struck me as funny that you called someone else an idiot (jokingly or not) and what you said didn't even make sense!!:devil: :devil:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I know!

It just struck me as funny that you called someone else an idiot (jokingly or not) and what you said didn't even make sense!!:devil: :devil:

It was jokingly, and it made me look like one more than anyone. :(

Ranger Mom
01-25-2007, 10:39 AM
It was jokingly, and it made me look like one more than anyone. :(

Don't you hate when a joke on someone else comes back and slaps you in the face!!:D

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:40 AM
well..i didnt know if he meant that me and 44 had a lot in common because we both called him an idiot or if he was saying that me and the person I called an idiot had a lot in common. I was more confused then anything!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Don't you hate when a joke on someone else comes back and slaps you in the face!!:D

Yeah, but I must say I pretty much deserved it. :(

LH Panther Mom
01-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah, but I must say I pretty much deserved it. :(
Seeee..... :p

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Seeee..... :p

I am ashamed.

CHS_CG
01-25-2007, 11:07 AM
I am ashamed.

man gary.. you are dropping to a new low.. ur jokes dont even strick anybody as funny any more.. they just slap you in the face lol

btw i got ur ticket

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-25-2007, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
man gary.. you are dropping to a new low.. ur jokes dont even strick anybody as funny any more.. they just slap you in the face lol

btw i got ur ticket

I know, talk about your all-time backfires..

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

btw i got ur ticket

What's strick?

pirate4state
01-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
What's strick? That's what I wanna know. :thinking: :doh:

Okay, so did y'all figure out who is or isn't an idiot? That could take all day on here!! :devil: :D Good luck with that! ;)

44INAROW
01-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
That's what I wanna know. :thinking: :doh:

Okay, so did y'all figure out who is or isn't an idiot? That could take all day on here!! :devil: :D Good luck with that! ;)

I just hope it isn't me :D