PDA

View Full Version : If you could serve your country...

mistanice
01-25-2007, 12:13 AM
in any war it was involved in, which one would you choose and why? Past and present.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
in any war it was involved in, which one would you choose and why? Past and present.

It would be an honor to serve my country in any war, but probably I would go with the Revolutionary War. It without a doubt to me was faught for the right reasons. Sure it was very very political but it was for OUR freedom, not the freedom of another country. However when you realize that had we not fought that war we could be tea sippin Brits right now living under tyranny then you realize why many of the other wars we have fought in have been fought in. Freedom isn't free nor is it easy to come by. Many brave men die in the name of it, it's one of those things that's hard to realize what you have until you don't have it anymore. I salute all our soliders out there, thank you for all your work.

Bull's-eye
01-25-2007, 01:29 AM
The American Revolution, because I would be actually fighting for America and her freedom. Not a war, but I really admire those brave men at the Alamo. They basically sacrificed their lives for the indepedence of Texas.

CenTexSports
01-25-2007, 08:37 AM
Any war after 2100. If I am alive at that point, I would be proud to serve in any conflict to help President Bush V.

JR2004
01-25-2007, 10:29 AM
World War II I think would've been the one I chose since I would've gotten to fight with and against family members. My mom's family is Jewish and had soldiers in the US Army. My dad's family is German and his grandfather fought for Germany in WWI from start to finish and made it from the invasion of Poland in 1939 to at least 1942 before he was able to finally get out of WWII. He didn't support Hitler, but my grandmother said that at that time either you did what the Nazis said to do or you wound up facing the same fate that the Jewish people did. She was forced to take part in Hitler Youth, but I didn't find that out until several years after she died as she never, EVER spoke about that time in her life.

Either way it would've been interesting having family members to fight with and against.

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Oh God, Terry go ahead.

Txbroadcaster
01-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I would want to fight in Grenada...Best chance of surviving LOL..

Actually it would be WWII...One of the ONLY wars where people actually committed suicide when they could not get into the military because they were ashamed they could not serve their country.

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:49 AM
The War on Drugs...

Txbroadcaster
01-25-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
The War on Drugs...

Why fight a war that will not be won

kaorder1999
01-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Why fight a war that will not be won

but honestly can any war be won? ;)

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 10:53 AM
The War on Drugs...

Sadly, that was funny.

Txbroadcaster
01-25-2007, 10:53 AM

Depends on the definition of winning a war

BuffyMars
01-25-2007, 10:54 AM

WARNING: NOT TRASHING OR SUPPORTING BUSH

According to Bush the war on terrorism can be!

zeus63
01-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Already fought in Iraq and other parts of the Persian Gulf Area

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by zeus63
Already fought in Iraq and other parts of the Persian Gulf Area

Thank you for serving our wonderful country.

I will add if Texas ever decides we're gonna be our own country again, then I will start a militia and take down the American Flag and become Texicans once again.

Blastoderm55
01-25-2007, 11:33 AM
I would have fought in the Cold War because I'd get to stay home.

Adidas410s
01-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I would have fought in the Cold War because I'd get to stay home.
aka the war of words...

Blastoderm55
01-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
aka the war of words...

Exactly. :) I may not be good with a gun, but I can sure as heck call some Commies and give them a stern talking to. :p

Adidas410s
01-25-2007, 11:48 AM
for me...it would've definitely been WWII. The more I learn about the Greatest Generation...the more I wish I could've lived in that era. The stories those men and women can tell...the evolution that they've experienced in their life is likely far greater than we will ever see. When many of them were born...electricity was just becoming "common place" throughout America. Telephones were something they only knew about from movies and newspapers. The rich families had a radio and a car. They were born after WW1...they grew up in the roaring 20's and then the Great Depression. They went to the corners of the Earth to fight for America and the principles upon which this great nation was formed. They returned with their country finally being on the map as a "world power"...yet they returned to their daily lives and started families...of which their offspring represent the people that make up this site and/or their children. They saw the invention of the television, the computer, the internet, going to college was something that started to become a possibility for their children instead of just for the wealthy and elite. They watched as their children grew up and many went away to the first of many unpopular wars. They saw the rise AND fall of communism in Germany and Russia. They watched as America grew to become the only superpower in the world...and the many bumps and bruises our country has had since attaining that status.

Oh the stories they could tell.... :)

Blastoderm55
01-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
the evolution that they've experienced in their life is likely far greater than we will ever see.

Sadly, our generation will likely bear witness to devolution as our society becomes increasingly dumbed down. Mike Judge and Idiocracy were right! :eek::(

Black_Magic
01-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
in any war it was involved in, which one would you choose and why? Past and present. WWII. Bombadeer in B29 pacific 1945.:D