PDA

View Full Version : 2006's Best Horror Film

maroonpirate04
01-24-2007, 10:30 PM
My pick for a film that got me grossed out was Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning, Now that's the way I love watching horror films they just don't make 'em like that anymore. Great film:clap: :clap: Can't wait to see the other part soon to be released.

2006 Horror Fims
Hostel
When A Stranger Calls
The Hills Have Eyes
Slither
Silent Hill
The Omen
Pulse
The Wicker Man
The Convenant
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning
The Grudge 2
Saw 3
The Return
Night Of The Living Dead 3D
Snoop Dogg's Hood Of Horrors
Turistia
Black Christmas

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Saw III was the best by far I think as far as being a good horror movie. I was really dissapointed with Black Christmas, just didn't do it for me, I was kinda drunk when we watched it though. Hostel was gorey and thats about it, the original Omen was better, The Hills have Eyes made me just wanna cry, as far as horror films go, this one is pretty F-d up.

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04
My pick for a film that got me grossed out was Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning, Now that's the way I love watching horror films they just don't make 'em like that anymore. Great film:clap: :clap: Can't wait to see the other part soon to be released.

2006 Horror Fims
Hostel
When A Stranger Calls
The Hills Have Eyes
Slither
Silent Hill
The Omen
Pulse
The Wicker Man
The Convenant
Saw 3
Turistia
Black Christmas

Wife and I are HUGE Horror fans, so I know she will respond on here..BUT..This IMO was a TERRIBLE year for horror movies..

.Hostel OVERRATED..was just a chance for alot of gore.

Pulse might be the WORST movie I have ever seen..and not in a good bad..just TERRIBLE.

Silent Hill was a surpise, very spooky and well done.

Saw 3 good, bit weakest of the three

Slither was ok, thought it was ok, thought it would be better

Hills Have Eyes violent and dirty..in a good way

When a Stranger Calls..plesantly surprised by it

The Omen..It was ok..not great not bad

Those are ones we saw..I kjnow I cant wait for Grind House..I hope it is as good as it seems.

BuffyMars
01-24-2007, 10:41 PM
2006 Horror Fims
Hostel--overrated...gorey but that's about it. Eli Roth is overrated.
When A Stranger Calls--should have stuck with the original.
The Hills Have Eyes--even better than the orig. w/ tons more blood, guts, gore, although there was one scene I could have lived w/o.
Slither--freakin hilarious!!!
Silent Hill--probably my fave. based off of a video game, this movie was brought to life through the screen. very well done IMO.
The Omen--Julia Stiles (unbelievable as the mother), love Liev Schreiber....however...not even close to the original. Even with the scary demon guy.
Pulse--probably one of the biggest disappointments of the year. I am a big Veronica Mars fan, but this movie, she should have passed on. Japanese horror is my fave...I dunno if something happened during editing to chop it all to pieces, but the final product was crap.
The Wicker Man--haven't seen it....half way interested though.
The Convenant--wouldn't waste my money on it. and I am the queen of cheesy horror....BUT only if it embraces its cheese.
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning--damn it, haven't seen it yet. but you can bet money on it being in my query on netflix asap.
Saw 3--hmmm....prob my 2nd fave...I would say my fave being a huge saw fan...BUT...3 just wasn't what it could have been. seemed like they were grasping straws at this point. I am hoping the 4th will do 3 justice. Saw 2 was my fave.
Night Of The Living Dead 3D--haven't seen it in 3D...but anything with zombies rocks!
Snoop Dogg's Hood Of Horrors--daaaaaaaaaaamn fo shizzle! Dogg I totally skizzzed out on dis movie. gots to check it on da west flipsiiiiiiiide.
Turistia--after hostel...wasn't that excited. I'll still watch it....but only on Dvd.
Black Christmas--I wanted to see it, but we didn't make it. Who has time at Christmas to go to the movies!?!? And we live in Rusk, our nearest theater is in Jacksonville and its a 3 screener...you think Jacksonville got it??? :sighs:

BuffyMars
01-24-2007, 10:42 PM
You and me kid...eerily we think and type alike.

GET OUTTA MUH HEAD!

smustangs
01-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Saw 3 was by far teh best of the year I bought it yesterday when it came out actually

TexanAlum_06
01-24-2007, 11:40 PM
I really enjoyed TCM the beginning. was well done and they didnt cut any corners. Saw 3 was good. I havent seen saw 2. So I cannot compare those 2. Hostel was pothetic.

tigerpride_08
01-25-2007, 07:31 PM
i so wanna see saw 3...

GOFOR2
01-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by maroonpirate04

2006 Horror Fims
Hostel
When A Stranger Calls
The Hills Have Eyes
Slither
Silent Hill
The Omen
Pulse
The Wicker Man
The Convenant
Saw 3
Turistia
Black Christmas

Hill have eyes was pretty crappy.
Saw III was awesome.

GOFOR2
01-25-2007, 09:32 PM
no puedo dormir

maroonpirate04
01-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Two films i forgot to mention went back and edited was The Return and The Grudge 2 it stars Sara Michelle Gellar famous for her role on Buffy The Vampire Slayer series went back to star into creepy movies again after filming The Grudge