celinaorange
09-13-2003, 06:38 PM
final score.....BP 21 PP7

Bruce
09-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Not a real big surprise.

The One
09-13-2003, 08:37 PM
What a beautiful day for football it was. Bridgeports offense seems to get a little better each week since that catastrophe in week 1 against Burkburnett. The RB Jones had over 200 yds rushing for the 2nd consecutive week and Bridgeports defense continue's to surprise me. The biggest surprise of the day had to be all the penalties on Pilot Point. 4 Late hit penalties that I can think of. Very unusual for a G.A. Moore team I thought!
In order for Bridgeport to truly compete for district playoff spot the offense will continue to have improve especially the receivers. If a few more receivers besides #10 can step up for this team, they could make a little noise for a playoff seat. Next up Boyd for homecoming.

<small>[ September 13, 2003, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: The One ]</small>

Chief Woodman
09-13-2003, 11:57 PM
I for one am surprised. I have seen both teams this year and yes, I am suprised.

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2003, 12:04 AM
It was a great day for football... Man, it was freakin beautiful out there.

Well, the One hit the nail on the head. The Bulls looked like they stepped up another rung today... good Offensive drives, the defense improves some more. I love the running game, it is different.

The receiver corps is improving each week... not hardly any drops today.

Yeah, I was suprised at teh four late hits called on Pilot Point. I saw each one of them happen on the Bulls side of the field.

I only have one question... WHO IN THE HECK WAS THE DRUNK WOMAN YELLING THE WHOLE GAME ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE BRIDGEPORT STANDS!!! She made a real horses rear out of herself!

Oh well, nice game Bulls..

Chief Woodman
09-14-2003, 12:07 AM
Hey SLPYBEAR- do not make fun of my momma...she was having fun.....lol

Old Cardinal
09-14-2003, 04:17 AM
I guess they must have had to bury ole PPHS(or as the gals on here called him-- PPHead), being Pilot Point got beat....I kind of miss that interesting character.

Bruce
09-14-2003, 05:11 AM
Being surprised no, and the reason why, losing a number of seniors from last years team, Jv's and junior high programs so far in dark over the years,and most do not know what's even going on. A new coach in town with a entire different system, which will take a few years to get a good program in place.PP at this point in 3-a is about average team ,if that much.I'm not suprised.

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2003, 02:30 PM
Chief Woodman:
Hey SLPYBEAR- do not make fun of my momma...she was having fun.....lolLOL, no, I don't think she was your mother, but Wow... whoever she is made a real A$$ out of herself.

...and my wife is embarassed just because I wave the big homeade bull flag?! Sheesh. ([i]it is a really cool flag. I made it just like the Texas flag, except with Maroon, Grey and White instead of red, white, and blue. Oh... and there is a B instead of the Star.)

Hey, One, Woodman, BullBacker, and others who might get the WC messenger. Take a look at the coverage of the Bulls vs. Pilot Point. I think my daughter will have a good pic of her waving her American Flag.

Comfortable Hemorrhage
09-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Did Pilot Point not look good or was Bridgeport just that solid? How has BP's quaterback looked and do they still live and die with the pass even with PD moving on to Tech.

sinton66
09-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Slpybear, did you make that phone call?

Chief Woodman
09-14-2003, 05:07 PM
Hemmorage...they are running the ball like crazy this year. 40 running plays this last week. Got a kid (Sophmore Colin Jones) who I think has two 200+ yardage games. Henson calls the plays according to the talent on the field.

Slpybear- I will look when the paper comes out. My son was in the photo of McKinney this Sunday, page 1 of sports.

<small>[ September 14, 2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Chief Woodman ]</small>

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2003, 05:55 PM
sinton66:
Slpybear, did you make that phone call?No, my plans got rearranged at the end of the week. Turns out I was just glad to be able to go.

The One
09-15-2003, 07:13 PM
The Bulls have probably the most balanced offense in some time. Running the ball 30 to 40 times a game and passing around 25. The QB is actually quite good. He has a good arm and can run. The Sophmore RB is very good and fast. Perhaps the fastest we have ever had at this position. I believe he is the area's leading rusher. We are still by far work in progress! Our defense is very much improved this year especially against the run. Best run defense we have had in while. WR is our weakness, if they can come around then we perhaps can compete for a playoff seat! The one good thing about this year is we start 10 or 11 sophmores, so we will be seeing them for a couple more years to come.