PDA

View Full Version : Rules

rundoe
01-24-2007, 07:42 PM
After talking to Matthew (owner of the board) I was told that there was a rule that says you cant post links to other 3A websites. I have seen several. One even existed as part of a signature.

When I went and read the rules, I could not find one that says no postings of other 3A websites. I asked about the rule and was told "there are rules that are not listed"????????

My suggestion is that ALL rules of the board are posted so that people, such as myself, can understand the "rules of the board."

It has been my observation that rules that ARE posted are broken with no consequences and rules that exist, but are not listed as rules are impossible to keep track of and therefore you can be in trouble without even knowing you broke a rule.

This is a suggestion and observation, nothing more, posted in an area of the board Titled Suggestions, Etc.

It is not my intention to cause trouble, question decisions of moderators or administration. Nor it it my intention to close the board or upset anyone. I think it is a reasonable suggestion that will help the board and I hope it will help strengthen the board and make it live longer and healthier.

Thank You

LH Panther Mom
01-24-2007, 07:54 PM
nvm......what's the point

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/banghead.gif

rundoe
01-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Please read my post. Especially my last paragraph.

It is not my place as a poster to moderate or advise the board. I simply made a suggestion in the proper area of the forum board as per the sub title says to do.

Any references made in my post came from the 3A downlow forum and refer only to this site. I will not mention nor address any other sites here, as this is deemed unacceptable.

The sub title of this area of the down low says "Have a suggestion?" Do it here." Thats what I did. My suggestion is clear and your response is appreciated, though I am not sure it addresses my suggestion.

I was simply making a suggestion as per the rules of the board and using examples I have seen in open forum as examples of the reason for my suggestion.

As far as other links, you have to go no further than the first pages of todays posts. But thats not my job to point them out or critisize them, and I won't.

I have been made very aware in the last couple of weeks that there is a lot "going on behind the scenes" as you suggest in your responce.

But it is not my place it inquire about nor critize that action.

As you said, it is Matthew's decision. However, it was also pointed out to me that one single moderator can make a decision, alone, on thier own, without talking to other moderators or administrators.

No responce is nessasary.

Thank You.

rundoe
01-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
nvm......what's the point

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/banghead.gif

amazing, now you know exactly how I feel.:clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
02-04-2007, 08:44 AM
See rule #11.

Also,

It has been my observation that rules that ARE posted are broken with no consequences and rules that exist, but are not listed as rules are impossible to keep track of and therefore you can be in trouble without even knowing you broke a rule.

There is no way for you to know there are "no consequences". We do not alert the general membership when warnings are issued. Those are generally done via the pm feature.

Additionally, the rules that are posted were put in written form by me. If there are more that are "unwritten" I will write them into the rules page as needed.

rundoe
02-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Thank you for your reply. I inderstand perfectly that there are things that go on "behind the scenes" that are not posted on the public boards. If fact I have been involved in a couple of them myself.

I do also notice that sometime when i ask questions (in pm as, per the suggewtions, I do not get the answers to the questions I ask. Is this normal, or just "none of my business?"

Thanks rundoe

LH Panther Mom
02-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
I do also notice that sometime when i ask questions (in pm as, per the suggewtions, I do not get the answers to the questions I ask. Is this normal, or just "none of my business?"

Thanks rundoe
I think it may be that either the question you want answered is not the one you ask OR you don't necessarily agree with the answer you're given so continue to ask the same question with different wording.

And yes, there are times that it's "nunya". ;)

rundoe
02-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Perfectly, then say nunya in your answer and I won't ask the same question. Or may rephrase, so you understand it and I understand the answer.

rundoe
02-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
Understood Perfectly!
Then just say nunya in your answer and I won't ask the same question.

Or may rephrase, so you understand it and I understand the answer.

But until I hear nunya, it's still an open discussion, right?

CHS_CG
02-16-2007, 09:33 AM
can we please take this up in a PM..

Rundoe ya know I dont mind you but damnit cant you just keep your mouth shut for a day??? seriously.. everytime I turn around you are pushing ur luck.. if you wanna get ROM"d just freakin leave.. we are all sick of hearing you b!tch and moan.. so please.. any further complaints you have agains the "rules" or the mods or this entire place... please PM somebody who gives a damn instead of cloggin the board up!

thank you

rundoe
02-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Yessum:cool: