PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Sports Shows? TV/Radio

Bullaholic
01-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Been discussed a few times, but I wonder about your current sports media appetites:

RADIO: Mainly ESPN 103.3 when the local personalities are on. Mike &Mike sometimes, and I get a kick out of "The Little Ball of Hate"-- and in the afternoon, Randy Galloway---not so much for his sports insights---"Capt. Cuervo" just kills me sometimes.

TV-- NBC- Ch. 5 DFW- Newy Scruggs usually has good "tidbits".
ABC- Ch. 8- Dale Hansen--just like to hear him "bellow" sometimes.

Fox NFL pre-game--Like Bradshaw, Howie Long, and Jimmie Johnson in "doses". Buck is just sort of there.

TXB should have a "field day" with this thread---afterall, it is his living.

pirate4state
01-24-2007, 05:27 PM
TV: ESPN - Sportscenter. I wake up to it. I go to sleep to it. :nerd: :D

NFL Network - I like their NFL replay because I don't get enough football with the NFL ticket. ROFL! :nerd:

Radio: I don't like listening to talk radio even if it is sports. :eek: :eek:

bobcat1
01-24-2007, 05:27 PM
I like Galloway and also the Little Ball of Hate on the radio.

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Lets TV wise I really only watch for scores and news..

Radio wise

Mike and Mike not bad..I like Cowheard just because he takes different angles to storylines and backs up his points.

I like the NFL network on Sirrus because they interact with callers...Not enough national shows do that anymore, they may take e-mails or 30 second phone calls..But the NFL shows allow a caller to debate with the host.

I honestly find it harder and harder to listen to alot of sports talk because to many people now act like they have invented the genre and are egotistical blowhards who cant back their arguments up with facts.

Bullaholic
01-24-2007, 06:00 PM
In the DFW media market, it has always been interesting to me how the air personalities "break out" in their preferences for the various teams.

Hansen hates the Rangers because they "spurned" him on a clubhouse interview a few years ago. He knows nothing about the Stars, and doesn't even try. He has no rapport with anyone on the Cowboys, and has a little contact with Avery Johnson.

Galloway regularly slams Tom Hicks, but knows a little baseball. He hates T.O. and didn't have much use for Parcells---and vice-versa. he relies on his "people" to get the good Cowboy info.

Newy Scruggs is "tight" with several Cowboys players.

Babe Laufenburg is liked by Jerry Jones and a little by Parcells and has had some good interviews with some Cowboys players.

BuffyMars
01-24-2007, 06:01 PM
The Ticket.

Which we rarely get to hear.

They are the reason and the sole reason alone I got into sports talk radio.

crzyjournalist03
01-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Personally, I think Ian Fitzsimmons is one of the most underrated personalities around right now...he's new to the metroplex, but the guy is a great personality and doesn't just offer opinions, but gives insightful information that he bases them off of.

Hansum Stranger
01-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
The Ticket.

They are the reason and the sole reason alone I got into sports talk radio.

The only sports radio station to fire someone because he talked sports.

Txbroadcaster
01-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
The only sports radio station to fire someone because he talked sports.

LOL the reason he was fired was because they got the Cowboys broadcasts

BuffyMars
01-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Except for Dale Hanson...I can't stand the guy!

Hansum Stranger
01-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL the reason he was fired was because they got the Cowboys broadcasts

I'm not talking about Dale Hanson.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I like to listen to Mike and Mike in the mornings.

smustangs
01-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I like to listen to Mike and Mike in the mornings.

Mike and Mike are great and so is galloway

TexanAlum_06
01-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Sportscenter. My TV is on ESPN 80% of the time.