PDA

View Full Version : You have two extra days to file your income tax

Phil C
01-24-2007, 05:18 PM
You have till April 17, 2007. See article below.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/490795

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 05:22 PM
good news indeed Phil!!! :)

Now I just need my 1098 for my student loan interest paid so I can file mine!!! :mad: Seriously...it's not even going to effect my return, is it? Would it effect my AGI or just be considered an itemized deduction?

Phil C
01-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
good news indeed Phil!!! :)

Now I just need my 1098 for my student loan interest paid so I can file mine!!! :mad: Seriously...it's not even going to effect my return, is it? Would it effect my AGI or just be considered an itemized deduction?

Unfortunately it probably won't. Please bear in mind I don't claim to be a tax expert but they did away with interest payments a few years ago except for mortgage interest paid. And now the deduction is so high that it isn't even feasible for many people to itemize.

Phil C
01-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Ad I also have a friend that is good at taxes and I will ask him about it too.

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Unfortunately it probably won't. Please bear in mind I don't claim to be a tax expert but they did away with interest payments a few years ago except for mortgage interest paid. And now the deduction is so high that it isn't even feasible for many people to itemize.
exactly...I'll have about $150 in interest paid...and other than a few hundred in reimbursed expenses and donations...I don't have anything else. Either way, it's not going to total up the to the $5k+ standard deduction that I can claim so the fact that I have to wait another week or two to receive a form that will have no bearing on my return is STUPID!!! :mad: