PDA

View Full Version : Clyde Wylie Football Game Next Year

CHSWR07
01-24-2007, 10:37 AM
its still a long time away but how many of yall think it will be a blow out as always? just wondering what the downlow fans thought.

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:39 AM
It's hard to tell since nobody knows what Wylie's team will look like. Will they stick to the spread option offense of this year or will Sandifer go "back to his roots" of the 84 different formations with 4,236 wrinkles per play built in...aka the "pro style offense." Once we know this...and have a better idea on personnel for next year then it would be easier to give an opinion on the game.

CHSWR07
01-24-2007, 10:42 AM
i heard that have gotten a new move in from california he's a sophmore quarterback and supposively runs a 4.4 sandifer just finds ways to get those athletes

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't be able to speak to that as I'm no longer in Abilene and am pretty detached from the ins and outs of personnel. Injured and pero (amongst others) could give you better information there. Wylie really doesn't get a lot of the "move ins" compared to a lot of other schools with comparative social structures and levels of success. When I was in high school I knew of more kids that moved to Eula and Jim Ned from Abilene schools than moved to Wylie. In my class...I knew of 2 or 3 other kids that I had gone to Abilene schools with but they definitely didn't move for "athletic reasons." One was Lee Swanson...a standout LB that went to A&M Commerce (for a while at least) but I think anybody that saw him play would agree that he would've had just as much success had he ended up at Cooper instead of Wylie. The other kid ended up being our valedictorian...and academics sure wasn't his thing!

If somebody from California moved to Abilene then I would say there's about a 95% chance that it's military related! ;)

CHSWR07
01-24-2007, 10:50 AM
yeah yeah its hard to understand why they would move to wylie instead of abilne high or somewhere but thats just me saying that because im from clyde it frustrates me that they get all the athletes because they have so MUCH to choose from and we are very limited but we will play them tough this year we say that every year but i think we can hang i have a good feeling about our head coach and i know he can pull it off

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by CHSWR07
yeah yeah its hard to understand why they would move to wylie instead of abilne high or somewhere but thats just me saying that because im from clyde it frustrates me that they get all the athletes because they have so MUCH to choose from and we are very limited but we will play them tough this year we say that every year but i think we can hang i have a good feeling about our head coach and i know he can pull it off

There have been plenty of interesting Wylie/Clyde matchups over the years. Basketball games were always my favorite though. I remember my sophmore year in Clyde when Hawk was a senior and they had the 2 Watts cousins playing...Clyde was in the top 3 or 4 in the state. Obviously...our coach knew that he couldn't try to play them straight up as we would get blown out by 30+. Instead...he chose to run a "ball control" offense where the team passed the ball around for minutes at a time. At halftime...the score was 10-4 with Clyde on top. We were worried we wouldn't reach double figures. However...a late 4th quarter frenzy (aka...we hit 3 3pt shots out of the 4 shots we took) helped us rally and force the game into OT with the score tied at 18. However...we lost by a few points (I'm thinking it was 24-22 but I could be wrong) in OT but that was one of the craziest games ever because everybody from Clyde was so mad...:evillol:

Johnny Moxen
01-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Dude (CHSWR07), you need to chill a little bit. It's all just a game. Whether you win or lose to Wylie (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't determine how good you, a team or a coaching staff is. Help me understand from your perspective why is it so imperative that you beat Wylie? Do you feel this way towards any other school? Athletics doesn't build character, it simply reveals it.

thewyliefan
01-24-2007, 05:04 PM
if clyde beats wylie they could probably care less if they made the playoffs. as long as they beat wylie they are set it seems.

and that sophmore is going to be a really great athlete. i havnt seem him do anyting but hes just one of those kids where you can just tell. im sure they will use him at WR seeing as how jared wallace will probably be the QB next year

mwynn05
01-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Dude (CHSWR07), you need to chill a little bit. It's all just a game. Whether you win or lose to Wylie (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't determine how good you, a team or a coaching staff is. Help me understand from your perspective why is it so imperative that you beat Wylie? Do you feel this way towards any other school? Athletics doesn't build character, it simply reveals it. Actually athletics can build character if your taught right etc but it is not automatically gained

NDFootball
01-25-2007, 04:02 PM
CHS you're an idiot if you think Sandifer recruits, don't be mad because ya'll suck 24/7

p.s. all the military kids come here...no one wants to be in a 5a school

thewyliefan
01-25-2007, 04:04 PM
yea plus im sure theres better chance for playing time at a smaller school....but what do i know

NDFootball
01-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Dude (CHSWR07), you need to chill a little bit. It's all just a game. Whether you win or lose to Wylie (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't determine how good you, a team or a coaching staff is. Help me understand from your perspective why is it so imperative that you beat Wylie? Do you feel this way towards any other school? Athletics doesn't build character, it simply reveals it.

Growing up losing to Wylie in everything must be pretty depressing

thewyliefan
01-25-2007, 04:08 PM
hahahaha well said