PDA

View Full Version : For Ad only!

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Ad I admire the Church of Christ.

Did you know Abilene Christian College is associated with the Church of Christ? Amazing knowledge indeed.

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Also there is a church that is called the First Christian Church in Houston (I think).

Ad I admire the Christian Church.

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Also there is a church that is called the First Christian Church in Houston (I think).

Ad I admire the Christian Church.

Phil...remember that it's NOT the Baptist Church, the Methodist Church, the Lutheran Church, etc...those are all a part of the Christian Church! ;) Instead...you could say "I admire the Baptist denomination and/or faith" because it is merely one method of practicing Christianity...which is the religion and thus where the church truly lies. We won't get into how Catholicism varies from that! ;)

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Ad I admire the Church of Christ.

Did you know Abilene Christian College is associated with the Church of Christ? Amazing knowledge indeed.

Abilene Christian University (formerly ACC) is a wonderful school indeed...it's also the land of many a lovely looking co-ed! As a matter of fact, ACU/ACC has been ranked in the Top 10 in the country by certain unnamed publications for having some of the best looking women anywhere! :)

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
But there really is a denomination called the Christian Church Ad just like there is a Baptist Church. I think there is still the one in Kingsville. I had a good friend that went to that church but alas I never attended a service at that church.

Ad I admire the Baptist Church.

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Phil...remember that it's NOT the Baptist Church, the Methodist Church, the Lutheran Church, etc...those are all a part of the Christian Church! ;) Instead...you could say "I admire the Baptist denomination and/or faith" because it is merely one method of practicing Christianity...which is the religion and thus where the church truly lies. We won't get into how Catholicism varies from that! ;)

SHOW SOME POLITICAL CORRECTNESS! :mad:

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Abilene Christian University (formerly ACC) is a wonderful school indeed...it's also the land of many a lovely looking co-ed! As a matter of fact, ACU/ACC has been ranked in the Top 10 in the country by certain unnamed publications for having some of the best looking women anywhere! :)

And they are good Christian ladies just as the school name implies.

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Ad I admire the Methodist Church.

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Ad I admire the Lutheran Church. I had an aunt that attended that church and she was a great aunt.

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Ad I admire the Catholic Church.

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:17 AM
But there really is a denomination called the Christian Church Ad just like there is a Baptist Church. I think there is still the one in Kingsville. I had a good friend that went to that church but alas I never attended a service at that church.

correct...there is a denomination called "the Christian Church" that exists within Christianity. However...when Jesus refers to "the Church" in his teachings his is referring to the Church of Christianity...and not of any particular denomination because at the time of his teachings....there were no denominations.

Denominations were created based on the various interpretations of Biblical literature so as to provide various methods for people to take part in Christianity. Heck...we even have denominations that are non-denominational. Some of the ones in Dallas include "Watermark Community Church, Potter's Hand, etc" where they are more concerned with individual interpretation of Biblical literature instead of a predetermined interpretation that is taught to the followers of a denomination.

Interersting discussion indeed...

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:18 AM
Ad I admire the Lutheran Church. I had an aunt that attended that church and she was a great aunt.

Was she a "red aunt?" ;)

Bullaholic
01-24-2007, 10:20 AM

Perhaps you are referring to the First Christian Church, Phil. They are also known as the Disciples of Christ and they are the theological foundation of TCU.

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Perhaps you are referring to the First Christian Church, Phil. They are also known as the Disciples of Christ and they are the theological foundation of TCU.

correct...it is a common misconception that TCU is Church of Christ...when in fact they aren't! ;)

Bullaholic
01-24-2007, 10:26 AM
correct... ;)

That is a given on one of my posts, weedhopper. :D

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:27 AM
correct...it is a common misconception that TCU is Church of Christ...when in fact they aren't! ;)

:eek:

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
That is a given on one of my posts, weedhopper. :D

weedhopper??? Is that above or below grasshopper???

Maybe it just depends how high the weeds are! ;)

Bullaholic
01-24-2007, 10:35 AM
What is going on this morning? Have you people lost your minds? I have seen threads blatantly correcting and admonishing the Godfather!!!!! :mad: :mad: Get with it people---that kind of behavior can't be tolerated---SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!!