PDA

View Full Version : To all schools: Edited versions of songs are best!

kepdawg
01-23-2007, 11:41 PM
At a basketball game this evening I heard the unedited version of a song that included a two word phrase that would get someone instantly banned from the downlow! After hearing the two word phrase twice I believe someone realized what was being said and there was no more of that particular song. However, later there was another song with a less offensive, but still inappropriate word. If you're in charge of the music, here's a hint...use the edited versions!

neck_06
01-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
At a basketball game this evening I heard the unedited version of a song that included a two word phrase that would get someone instantly banned from the downlow! After hearing the two word phrase twice I believe someone realized what was being said and there was no more of that particular song. However, later there was another song with a less offensive, but still inappropriate word. If you're in charge of the music, here's a hint...use the edited versions!

Columbia uses edited music.....my sophomore year we didn't even have music for the last 3 games.

eagles_victory
01-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Fairfield doesnt allow you to have lyrics we have to warm up to instrumentals. IMO that is taking it to far with no words but there is no room for foul language either

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-24-2007, 12:32 AM
I hated warming up to rap music before basketball games. I hated warming up to music period, I just wanted to play.

luvhoops34
01-24-2007, 12:51 AM
We used to always have that problem during basketball warm ups.....LOL

It was amusing to watch and see which coach/administrator finally noticed. The girls were always trying to slip something in there.

At the game tonight I noticed there was no warm up music. I guess they got in trouble one too many times. :D

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-24-2007, 12:58 AM
I'll never forget the song that was first on our warmup mix, ICE ICE BABY. Everytime I hear it I get pumped up and want to play some ball.

MHSvarsity2007
01-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I'll never forget the song that was first on our warmup mix, ICE ICE BABY. Everytime I hear it I get pumped up and want to play some ball.

yall played the beverly hillbillies whenever merkel ran out one year...it was like 4 or 5 years ago...i remember that :rolleyes:

:)

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-24-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by MHSvarsity2007
yall played the beverly hillbillies whenever merkel ran out one year...it was like 4 or 5 years ago...i remember that :rolleyes:

Well Merkel ppl are a little more hmm....Southern? than some towns only a few miles away. It's odd at time, it's like traveling through some sort of redneck time warp when you go through Merkel. Although when I was there, 4 or 5 years ago y'all had some dang good lookin cheerleaders. It's amazing how I remember that so vividly.

mustang04
01-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Well Merkel ppl are a little more hmm....Southern? than some towns only a few miles away. It's odd at time, it's like traveling through some sort of redneck time warp when you go through Merkel. Although when I was there, 4 or 5 years ago y'all had some dang good lookin cheerleaders. It's amazing how I remember that so vividly.

in-breeders....yummmmm haha just kidding

kaorder1999
01-24-2007, 09:26 AM
instrumental is the way to go. No errors made that way!!!

BTEXDAD
01-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
We used to always have that problem during basketball warm ups.....LOL

It was amusing to watch and see which coach/administrator finally noticed. The girls were always trying to slip something in there.

At the game tonight I noticed there was no warm up music. I guess they got in trouble one too many times. :D

During softball season couple yrs ago, a problem had arisen with some of the girls and a beer party.
One of the warm-up/between inning songs that popped up was from Gretchen Wilson (Redneck woman)
With all the flack that had gone on, I told my wife as soon as it came on. "This will be the last time you hear this song out here."
The mention of beer in it, got it cut off after it was only half over.

kaorder1999
01-24-2007, 09:39 AM
one school Iwas at got mad when I played Brooks and Dunn's Red Dirt Road because it talks about a place where he has his first beer.

Ranger Mom
01-24-2007, 09:51 AM

OMG!! That just made my day!! That's hilarious!!

No offense Amy, but that cracked me up!!

kaorder1999
01-24-2007, 09:52 AM
wow...that is f unny....

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
instrumental is the way to go. No errors made that way!!!

ka did you know they don't have musical instruments in the Church of Christ?

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
ka did you know they don't have musical instruments in the Church of Christ?

ka I admire the Church of Christ.

When I was in college I had the privaledge of working on different projects with a person of that faith. He was brilliant and it was great working with him that year.

BuffyMars
01-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Well nowadays those drill team/cheerleader/ pep squad girls gotta have something to grind to.

They don't just dance anymore....its a get your freak on contest! :cheerl:

Phil C
01-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
Well nowadays those drill team/cheerleader/ pep squad girls gotta have something to grind to.

Modern Times Buffy!

pirate4state
01-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by BuffyMars

ROFL! West Oso does the "get your freak on" like no other in our district!!! :eek: :eek:

Adidas410s
01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Modern Times Buffy!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

jason
01-24-2007, 10:13 AM
we ran out to sweet home alabama my jr year, my sr year we made a different tape every week

when i was playing at ut dallas, when the visitor team ran out we played the camp granada song

GOFOR2
01-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Fairfield doesnt allow you to have lyrics we have to warm up to instrumentals. IMO that is taking it to far with no words but there is no room for foul language either

Mozart's Clarinet Concierto in A major is pretty good.

MHSvarsity2007
01-24-2007, 05:35 PM

i can honestly say im not southern or redneck...or inbred. and i do recall us WINNING that game. :D

tigerpride_08
01-24-2007, 09:38 PM
we also use edited music..i think the coach actually makes the CD...;)

Matthew328
01-24-2007, 10:02 PM
We always used edited music at Everman...we just went to Wal-Mart and got a CD from there..all their CD's are edited...

mwynn05
01-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
We always used edited music at Everman...we just went to Wal-Mart and got a CD from there..all their CD's are edited... They still have cussing on there

Emerson1
01-24-2007, 10:05 PM
All schools should just copy Highland Park and play bagpipes.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-24-2007, 10:36 PM
i can honestly say im not southern or redneck...or inbred. and i do recall us WINNING that game. :D

Haha probably but who went to the regional tournament that year? I believe Sweetwater beat y'all at Wylie's gym.

bandera7
01-24-2007, 11:05 PM
We use edited music. I dont think instrumental would do it for me, I like to hear the words. Boom by Nelly just wouldnt be the same without him singing.