PDA

View Full Version : Shawnbrey switches to the U

JR2004
01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I actually knew about this one for awhile, but since he's finally made it public here you go...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/topstories/stories/012407dnspohsmadisonrecruit.118937cb.html

I hope this works out for him. That committment he made to A&M didn't make a lot of sense to me because he was kind of pressured into it by a family member.

Fletch
01-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Saw him against Celina. ........:rolleyes:

JR2004
01-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Fletch
Saw him against Celina. ........:rolleyes:

Your point is? Shawnbrey had very little to do with what went wrong against Celina. It's hard to do much of anything against ANYBODY when your OC doesn't want to put the ball in your hands early and often. He had several games during his high school career exactly like that one where they got away from him early and never got him involved in the offense.

I'm glad the kid made the decision he did. If he wanted to attend A&M that would've been fine, but there was so much outside influence on that decision that I found it pretty questionable when he did commit to A&M. The kid still never said a bad word about A&M even after he knew he was headed elsewhere. I think he saw this as a better opportunity though for his future and I'll be rooting for the Canes as long as he's there.