PDA

View Full Version : When was the last time.....

Buckeye80
02-06-2004, 04:41 PM
that a team dropped down in classification and won state the next year? Any classification! I'm not being a smart alec, I'd really like to know if it has ever happened.

I am hearing alot about this West Orange Stark school coming down to 3A and ruling the roost I guess in comparison to Everman. Well I don't know that any team dropping in classification is going to have a bigger impact next year than the Celina Bobcats.
But having said that, I think Celina is going to find out that 2A is greatly improved since they left.
I don't know anything about the Mustangs except that a woman I used to work with went to school there. They sound to me like a tradition-rich school with a good track record. But let's just wait and see what happens (and I mean no disrespect by this) when a 3A school pops them in the mouth. I wonder how the kids will react.

For example, when I played, we had a 2A school move up to 3A into our district, and we vowed to die fighting before we'd get beat by a little 2A school. All kids that age have pride, and if they are high school football nerds like I am, they could take something like that personally.

Next season should be fun. Go Buckeyes!!!

<small>[ February 06, 2004, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Buckeye80 ]</small>

BHKrystal06
02-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Barbers Hill isn't gonna give up that easily! :p :D

WOS92
02-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Funny you should ask :)
West Orange-Stark dropped from 5A to 4A in 1986 and won state in 1986 and 1987, then lost in the finals in 1988. I understand that no one is going to “give” the title to WO-S, but I have yet to see a single WO-S poster come on to this board and act like we had this thing won. By the way, we’re looking forward to the 3A challenge and respect 3A football, but the only current 3A teams we’ve played are Jasper, Bridge City and Newton and our combined record is 34-4 (14-4 vs. Jasper, 14-0 vs. BC, 6-0 vs. Newton). I know it will be a tough road, but I think we’re as ready as anyone. We've taken plenty of pops in the mouth from 5A, 4A and 3A teams, but we've never backed down.
This should be an exciting season for all!!

<small>[ February 06, 2004, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: WOS92 ]</small>

Buckeye80
02-06-2004, 06:35 PM
WOS92:
Funny you should ask :)
West Orange-Stark dropped from 5A to 4A in 1986 and won state in 1986 and 1987, then lost in the finals in 1988. I understand that no one is going to “give” the title to WO-S, but I have yet to see a single WO-S poster come on to this board and act like we had this thing won. By the way, we’re looking forward to the 3A challenge and respect 3A football, but the only current 3A teams we’ve played are Jasper, Bridge City and Newton and our combined record is 34-4 (14-4 vs. Jasper, 14-0 vs. BC, 6-0 vs. Newton). I know it will be a tough road, but I think we’re as ready as anyone. We've taken plenty of pops in the mouth from 5A, 4A and 3A teams, but we've never backed down.
This should be an exciting season for all!!5A to 3A in 17 years! Is it the enrollment figures or a decrease in enrollment at WOS? And just in case you did take anything personally, I meant no disrespect. I'm excited about the upcoming season and wholeheartedly welcome West Orange Stark to 3A. It is highly unlikely that we would meet in the playoffs considering Gilmer's D1 scenario, but best of luck to y'all anyway.