PDA

View Full Version : Yoefnshow's movie review....the Hitcher (2007)

theyoefnshow
01-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Well since I had so much fun with Gridiron Gang last week, I figured I'd do this one too. I caught this on opening day and had wanted to see it for some time. I've NEVER seen the original Hitcher but because I'm such a huge mark for Sean Bean (the new Hitcher) I knew I'd enjoy this one.

Now just because Michael Bay remakes old horror flicks, that doesn't mean too much. We've all seen the atrocity that was the Texas Chainsaw remake (though the prequel was decent) and he also did the Amityville remake which was pretty bad as well. Makes me wonder when/if we'll ever see a Nightmare on Elm street and/or Friday the 13th relaunch.

Anyway, the Hitcher starts of simple enough with the two kids taking off for New MExico for spring break and they appear to be on UT campus in the beginning! In fact, road signs for Lampassas are shown as is the old Grandy's off of i35 that they shut down not too long ago lol.....
And of all places, the real meeting with the hitcher takes place in friggin TATUM. Represent lol

The movie picks up pretty quickly and everyone plays their part well. Sean Bean is just so sick and in an age where most killers are pretty standard and boring, he brings this guy to life and shows he's just a sleazebag who is gonna keep going as long as he can. LOTS of blood, shootings, stabbings, throat slashes and the part where he has the kid tied between the diesel rigs? Awesome.

Anyway, give it a chance & check it out. I've yet to figure out the moral but it's damn entertaining lol. It never feels dumb, which is what you want with a movie like this. Luckily (IMO) it exceeded expectations, even if it didn't do that great opening weekend. At least it's not like the Chainsaw remake

piratebg
01-22-2007, 11:20 PM
They are working on a Friday the 13th remake, and it's from the same people who brought us The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/f13prequel.php

piratebg
01-22-2007, 11:22 PM
The one remake that I am looking forward to is the Halloween Remake/Prequel that is being directed by Rob Zombie. I think that movie will be a whole lot better then such forgetable remakes as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Omen, The Amityville Horror, and The Fog.

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/halloween9.php

eagles_victory
01-22-2007, 11:26 PM
was Sophia Bush as hot in the movie as she looked on the previews

piratebg
01-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
was Sophia Bush as hot in the movie as she looked on the previews

She is just hot period. :thumbsup: ;) :D

theyoefnshow
01-23-2007, 12:20 AM
I was actually gonna say that in my review she was smokin but didn't figure anyone would care lol....yeah...she's was pretty hot.....Also, any movie that has Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" playing while a car chase is happening is awesome.