PDA

View Full Version : Jerry's already gone

burnet44
01-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Jerry's already gone
We apparently won't hear from spurned owner/GM Jerry Jones today.

I'm told Jerry and son Stephen, a Cowboys exec of some sort, took off a few hours ago for beautiful Mobile, Ala. The coaching search will start at the site of the Senior Bowl.

OK, I'm going to go stand outside and act important for a little while.

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 3:19 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

Operation Find Bill
Believe it or not, there are a bunch of media types at Valley Ranch.

The DMN had to go so deep into its bench that I'm here.

Basically, you've got reporters and cameramen covering every possible exit. Word is that Parcells is still somewhere on the premises.

The best hope is to halt his Lincoln TownCar when he finally decides to bolt for the final time. Guess here is Bill will blow off us local yokels, just for old times' sakes.

Coaching list
Let's add San Diego defensive coordiantor Wade Phillips, Arkansas coach Huston Nutt and San Francisco offensive coordinator Norv Turner to the list of potential candidates.
Here's my thought: Jerry isn't going with another big-name head coach whose reputation will demand he has total control of the operation. He also isn;t going topay another head coach $4-5 million a year. He's also going to want a head coach who won't mind inheritating some assistant coaches. Finally, he probably needs to hire a defensive coordinator capable of coaching the 3-4 defense because the Cowboys' personnel is geared to run that scheme

Phil C
01-22-2007, 04:49 PM
OMG in Alabama!! Are they going to try to get Lou Saban??

:eek:

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2007, 04:54 PM
no they are there for the senior bowl