PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pirate4State will it happen this year? (NF)

Phil C
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
It has been over five years since anyone has hit an out of field home run in Sinton at the Sinton Lady Pirate softball field. I understand from some of the fans that two Lady Pirates (one was Tracy Garcia) have hit one in the past and one girl from Orange Grove. I have been attending nearly every home game the past five years and haven't seen one yet. I have seen a few that would have gone but since the field faces the east they have been denied by the wind. Maybe someone will do it this year. The suspense builds.

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 03:38 PM
It will be very hard to do, but we'll see.

Phil C
01-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Who can forget Jackie DeLeon's in field grand slam that beat Aransas Pass a few years ago in the bottom of the 7th inning?
A great night indeed and very unforgetable.

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Who can forget Jackie DeLeon's in field grand slam that beat Aransas Pass a few years ago in the bottom of the 7th inning?

That was awesome!! :clap: Aransas Pass should be tough this year. They always bring their "a-game" when they play us and they have a very young ball club. :thumbsup:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 04:02 PM
There has never been a homerun at Lady Tiger Stadium in Rockdale, ever. There has been an in-the-park homerun though.

pirate44
01-22-2007, 04:06 PM
oh yeah, i forgot about that

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
oh yeah, i forgot about that

:clap: LOL!!!

I am so glad you are back!! ;)

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 12:00 AM
It has been over five years since anyone has hit an out of field home run in Sinton at the Sinton Lady Pirate softball field. I understand from some of the fans that two Lady Pirates (one was Tracy Garcia) have hit one in the past and one girl from Orange Grove. I have been attending nearly every home game the past five years and haven't seen one yet. I have seen a few that would have gone but since the field faces the east they have been denied by the wind. Maybe someone will do it this year. The suspense builds.

Phil you missed it. Friday, there was almost a homerun hit. ;) As soon as it came off the bat I thought maybe it had a shot of getting over, but it was just short. :( Left field. See you Tuesday!! :)

injuredinmelee
02-12-2007, 12:47 AM
blanket over the lap? It is still cold in this part of the state.

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
blanket over the lap? It is still cold in this part of the state.

:evillol: :evillol:

no & yes

Phil C
02-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Phil you missed it. Friday, there was almost a homerun hit. ;) As soon as it came off the bat I thought maybe it had a shot of getting over, but it was just short. :( Left field. See you Tuesday!! :)

Who got the hit and how did the scrimmage go? I have seen several big hits that looked like they would go but that east wind stops it every time.

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Who got the hit and how did the scrimmage go? I have seen several big hits that looked like they would go but that east wind stops it every time.

Megan did. This was NOT their best scrimmage. First season begins tomorrow with Moody!! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
02-12-2007, 10:15 AM

gotta love how it's news when a homerun is ALMOST hit in Sinton! ;)

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
gotta love how it's news when a homerun is ALMOST hit in Sinton! ;)

hee hee - I just had to share it with Phil since he missed the scrimmage. I think it's great. This girl missed all of last year with an injury and is back for her senior year.

CenTexSports
02-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Phil, I admire singles hitters.

Adidas410s
02-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Phil, I admire singles hitters.

Cen, I admire the squeeze play.

injuredinmelee
02-12-2007, 10:50 AM
I admire when they choke up and got to love swingers.

AP Panther Fan
02-12-2007, 10:54 AM
hee hee - I just had to share it with Phil since he missed the scrimmage. I think it's great. This girl missed all of last year with an injury and is back for her senior year.

P4S...Is this the same Megan that I know her grandparents? Funny, I was just asking her grandmother Friday afternoon if she was playing this year knowing the health problems she had last year. I hope she does well and stays healthy. :)

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
P4S...Is this the same Megan that I know her grandparents? Funny, I was just asking her grandmother Friday afternoon if she was playing this year knowing the health problems she had last year. I hope she does well and stays healthy. :) :thinking: I don't know. We had 2 Megan's out last year and only one back this year.

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 11:53 AM
I admire when they choke up and got to love swingers.

:D :clap: LMAO!

Phil C
02-12-2007, 12:35 PM
I admire anyone that can hit a home run over the fence at the Sinton Softball field during an official game.

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 02:32 PM

Phil - the Orange Grove girl who hit the HR didn't get that one in Sinton. That was in Robstown.

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 02:34 PM

I have been informed :nerd: that this was not a grand slam, but a double, followed by 2 throwing errors that allowed her to score the winning run. :nerd: :D

Phil C
02-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Phil - the Orange Grove girl who hit the HR didn't get that one in Sinton. That was in Robstown.

This was about six or seven years ago when the Orange Grove girl got it. She may have got it against Riflearm!!

:eek:

pirate4state
02-12-2007, 05:06 PM
This was about six or seven years ago when the Orange Grove girl got it. She may have got it against Riflearm!!

:eek:

okie dokie - i wasn't around back then so i will take your word for it :) sorry. i thought you were talking about 2 years ago.

Phil C
02-12-2007, 05:16 PM
okie dokie - i wasn't around back then so i will take your word for it :) sorry. i thought you were talking about 2 years ago.

It has been six years since someone hit an over the fence homerun in Sinton at the softball field.

injuredinmelee
02-12-2007, 06:19 PM
could hit it out of the park in Sinton against Cat Osterman. Cause Im a man and shes a lowly chick.

this ought to be fun

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-12-2007, 06:33 PM
could hit it out of the park in Sinton against Cat Osterman. Cause Im a man and shes a lowly chick.

this ought to be fun

You have balls. Are you back from your trip?