Dan Reeves former coach
Norm Chow Tennesee OC
Jim Mora FORMER HC
Steve Marriuci Former HC

Any other REAL choices add them

eagles_victory
01-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Brian Schotenheimer sp? OC for the Jets

Wade Phillips DC for San Diego ( hes a 3-4 guy)

Mike Singeltary (had a good run down in Miami in the interview process)

I wish Jim Mora Jr wouldnt of took the job as a secondary coach yesterday he would be a good possibility

TexasHSFootball
01-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Houston Nutt... think he would like to get away from that soap opera there? :D

kepdawg
01-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Mike Ditka :thinking:

rcbulldog34
01-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Mack Brown would be taking a step back if he left TEXAS to coach the Cowboys.

HOOK'EM

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by rcbulldog34
Mack Brown would be taking a step back if he left TEXAS to coach the Cowboys.

HOOK'EM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I love the Cowboys and THE University of Texas but you're right. Why leave a great thing for something that is, well pretty questionable?

burnet44
01-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Jerry
he is the only one

Bullaholic
01-22-2007, 01:11 PM
The more i think about it, the more I think Stoops will be at the top of the list----and he will bring his brother in as DC.

Hansum Stranger
01-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Here is a small list of some I THINK will possibly be considered

Bob Stioops OU
Mack Brown UT
Dan Reeves former coach
Jim Mora FORMER HC
Steve Marriuci Former HC

Any other REAL choices add them

Bob without Mike is like Big Bill without Little Bill.

What NFL team would really want Mack Brown?

Dan Reeves would end up being just like Parcells.

Jim Mora? Are you serious?

Steve Marriuci was fired from Detriot wasn't he? How bad do you have to be for Detrioit to get rid of you.

The rest are real possibilities.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Jimmy Johnson!!!!!!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
Jerry
he is the only one

He might as well, he thinks he knows everything about football anyways. You know they always say if you want the job done right do it yourself.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin :D , Bledsoe can retire and coach them.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-22-2007, 01:26 PM
I really like the idea of Pete Carroll coming in and talking Norm Chow into coming with him.

Adidas410s
01-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I really like the idea of Pete Carroll coming in and talking Norm Chow into coming with him.
if Norm Chow goes anywhere...I would think it would be into a HC position.

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Mike Martz...Bulger and Romo are the same type of QB, and look what he turned Bulger into!

Macarthur
01-22-2007, 02:22 PM
martz may be a good OC, but he was an awful HC.

IMO, jeff fisher & bill cowher are the first phone calls that should be made. the dallas cowboys deserve a top coach.

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
martz may be a good OC, but he was an awful HC.

IMO, jeff fisher & bill cowher are the first phone calls that should be made. the dallas cowboys deserve a top coach.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that 56-36, playoff appearances 5 out of 7 years, an NFC Championship, and a Super Bowl appearance made Martz a bad coach.

I'm sure Martz could NEVER do what Parcells did in four years (34-30, 2 playoff losses). :rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Again.if u go after Cowher you will have to give up a BUNCH of draft picks..Is he worth that much?

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Again.if u go after Cowher you will have to give up a BUNCH of draft picks..Is he worth that much?

do you mean Fisher??? Cowher's available...he's just retired.

piratebg
01-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
do you mean Fisher??? Cowher's available...he's just retired.

Both are under contract for 2007, which means their teams would get compensation in addition to the massive salaries they'd command.

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Both are under contract for 2007, which means their teams would get compensation in addition to the massive salaries they'd command.

I would think with Pittsburgh's hiring of Tomlin, Cowher would be available now...I don't see how the Steelers could demand compensation if they don't have an opening for him anymore.

coach
01-22-2007, 02:38 PM
mike sherman?

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2007, 02:40 PM
I would think with Pittsburgh's hiring of Tomlin, Cowher would be available now...I don't see how the Steelers could demand compensation if they don't have an opening for him anymore.

Because Cowher is still under contract and will be paid for next season. Does not matter if they have a spot for him, he will be on the payroll and the NFL has rules in place that draft picks or players will be compensation for taking a coach under contract

Macarthur
01-22-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't realize that 56-36, playoff appearances 5 out of 7 years, an NFC Championship, and a Super Bowl appearance made Martz a bad coach.

I'm sure Martz could NEVER do what Parcells did in four years (34-30, 2 playoff losses). :rolleyes:

Martz's offense did some great things. However, I have heard and read from those that know what they are talking about that he is not HC material. He is an awful clock manager and he simply makes dumb game-day decisions. There's a reason why he's not a HC somewhere.

Phil C
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
THOU SHALT NOT GIVE UP DRAFT PICKS FOR A COACH!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Bull Butter
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
Houston Nutt... think he would like to get away from that soap opera there? :D

And move right into another soap opera???

Mustain and his bunch are nothing compared to the T.O. & Jerry circus.

Macarthur
01-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
THOU SHALT NOT GIVE UP DRAFT PICKS FOR A COACH!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

If he's worth it (i.e., fisher or cowher) sure you give up the picks. Are you telling me you wouldn't give up a first rounder for Bill Cowher?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Stoops or Carrol, but Carrol seems to be a fan of the college game, and female students...

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
If he's worth it (i.e., fisher or cowher) sure you give up the picks. Are you telling me you wouldn't give up a first rounder for Bill Cowher?

Can't we just give them one of our old first rounders like Marcus Spears???? :nerd: :p

Now that I think about it, giving up draft picks might not be such a bad idea....:evillol: :evil:

JasperDog94
01-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I wouldn't mind seeing Stoops or Carrol, but Carrol seems to be a fan of the college game, and female students... :eek: :eek: :eek:

NDFootball
01-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Stoops brothers. Jeff Fisher is probably the most likely of pro coaches.

NO to Pete Carroll he was a joke in the NFL..and please for the love of God please don't bring Mariucci. He will run the Cowboys into the ground faster than any of us could blink. Norv Turner is a bad fit too, I don't see him being an effective head coach. Mack won't leave UT, and Reeves is Parcells #2 like you others are saying.

Adidas410s
01-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by NDFootball
I wouldn't mind seeing the Stoops brothers. Jeff Fisher is probably the most likely of pro coaches.

NO to Pete Carroll he was a joke in the NFL..and please for the love of God please don't bring Mariucci. He will run the Cowboys into the ground faster than any of us could blink. Norv Turner is a bad fit too, I don't see him being an effective head coach. Mack won't leave UT, and Reeves is Parcells #2 like you others are saying.

When did Mariucci become a bad coach???

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Originally posted by Adidas410s

Well, the bad teams usually can reflect the coaching...

Fotbol
Todd Dodge

Bullaholic
01-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Well, I don't know who ol' Bill would like to see replace him, but I do know one coach he apprently likes a LOT! :D

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/parcells.jpg

Adidas410s
01-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, the bad teams usually can reflect the coaching...

Did you forget about the 13-3, 12-4, etc squads that he had in San Francisco with an overrated offense and an aging defense??? Weak division or not...he won there on a consistent basis. Detroit was already in shambles when he took over...and he wasn't able to right the ship. Some coaches do well with good teams and others are great at rebuilding teams. I think most of us would agree that the Cows aren't a total train wreck and need more "reconditioning" than overhauling IMO.

Adidas410s
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Well, I don't know who ol' Bill would like to see replace him, but I do know one coach he apprently likes a LOT! :D

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/parcells.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Did you forget about the 13-3, 12-4, etc squads that he had in San Francisco with an overrated offense and an aging defense??? Weak division or not...he won there on a consistent basis. Detroit was already in shambles when he took over...and he wasn't able to right the ship. Some coaches do well with good teams and others are great at rebuilding teams. I think most of us would agree that the Cows aren't a total train wreck and need more "reconditioning" than overhauling IMO.

I can agree with that.

NDFootball
01-22-2007, 04:27 PM

The GM in Detroit is a bumbling idiot, and he tries to make decisions with the coaches there. JJ and his son as a duo aren't much better. Maybe they aren't as dumb as Millen (I think that's his name) but they think they know too much about football...they need to stick to the oil business where they belong. They won't make Mariucci look much better here in Dallas while they have that kind of control.

Phil C
01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
What about Weiss from Notre Dame?

NDFootball
01-22-2007, 04:33 PM

Weis has already run off the NY Giants, I'd be stunned if he left for any pro team right now. The first year he arrived at ND they gave him a new contract late in the season with what I understand a huge buyout to prevent stuff like that happening, along with quite a raise. It would be kinda cool to see Charlie coach my other favorite team but not yet we have to win a few NC's first ;)

thewyliefan
01-24-2007, 05:20 PM
dang NDfootball....to bad hes never going to win a NC haha:)

Hansum Stranger
01-24-2007, 05:31 PM

Didn't ND put in a $21million buy out in his contract? No coach is worth buying out for that amount.

BuffyMars
01-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Buck Showalter....he's unemployed. :D

GreenMachine
01-24-2007, 07:50 PM
I wish they could get John Gruden from the Bucs. ;)

sinton66
01-24-2007, 07:53 PM
According to this morning's paper, Stoops is a no-go. He made a public statement he has no interest in leaving Okie Dokie.

bobcat1
01-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
According to this morning's paper, Stoops is a no-go. He made a public statement he has no interest in leaving Okie Dokie. That's a load off my mind. I don't think I could have stomached Stoops.

Hansum Stranger
01-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
That's a load off my mind. I don't think I could have stomached Stoops.

Oh no, we agree again. I think I'm gonna take some meds and go to bed now before we agree on something again.