PDA

View Full Version : Slitterbaun

burnet44
01-22-2007, 12:29 PM
New Braunfels plans crackdown on tubers

11:13 AM CST on Monday, January 22, 2007
Associated Press

NEW BRAUNFELS - City officials said a slate of proposed ordinances is meant to rein in rowdy tubers on the Comal and Guadalupe rivers.

The City Council planned Monday to consider rules to curb drinking by banning open alcohol containers at several riverfront parks. The council also wanted to limit the size of coolers on the rivers to those that hold only a six-pack.

The new rules would limit tubers on the Comal to one tube per person, limit the size of tubes to four square feet and require life jackets for children.

The city started cracking down on booze-fueled tubing parties and litter last summer with a ban on beer bongs and Jell-O shots. The city also increased fines for noise ordinance violations.

Mayor Bruce Boyer said the council should work quickly to adopt the new ordinances so news about the rules would spread to tourists before the summer.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Just asking..But what does that have to do with the Bauhn? Those rules are for the tubing done OUTSIDE the park

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-22-2007, 12:32 PM
I was wondering the same thing but I'm still a little upset, we go float the river a couple times a summer and I'm not gonna lie I take a LARGE cooler with me.

Maroon87
01-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Float the Frio. It's cleaner, and no such rules. Yet.:cool:

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

I have before, I'm just a lazy river rat. It may be my favorite thing in the world besides football, just floating and drinking some shiner all day long. Great times.:)

chaingang
01-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I always remember getting on the river, just not getting out! hahaha:p

big daddy russ
01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I agree 100%. Guadalupe's alright, but we had to settle on it as our backup this year. There may be more "older kids" and young adults at the Guadalupe, but there's so much more to do on the Frio. More trees, cliffs, hidden places. Plus it's prettier.