PDA

View Full Version : Parcells not coming back to Dallas (merged)

Maroon87
01-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Parcells not coming back to Dallas

FOXSports.com
Posted: 4 minutes ago

Bill Parcells has resigned as coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

MORE TO COME

Bullaholic
01-22-2007, 12:11 PM
DMN putting up a sports alert that Bill Parcells has resigned as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys---details to follow.

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Holy crap!!! I don't know how to feel about this. Any "rumors" about who would take his place????

JasperDog94
01-22-2007, 12:17 PM
How about Bill Cowher?

burnet44
01-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Bill Parcells' coaching run is over. The Cowboys' coach said Monday that he is retiring from coaching. Parcells, 65, walks away with one year left on his contract with the Cowboys, who went 34-32 in his four seasons.

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
How about Bill Cowher?

I would LOVE it!!! :clap: :clap:

eagles_victory
01-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Im hearing Norv Turner, Wade Phillips, Bob Stoops, Houston Nutt, and Jeff Fisher as possible canidates

spiveyrat
01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
How about Bill Cowher?

Interesting... :thinking:

Adidas410s
01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Holy crap!!! I don't know how to feel about this. Any "rumors" about who would take his place????

Sean Payton...oh wait...they let him leave! :mad:

There was the Jeff Fisher rumor...but I doubt he leaves Tennessee. Others said that Parcells stays around for a year and then Bill Cowher takes over. I know it's crazy...but I wonder if they'll make a play for Bob Stoops or maybe Pete Carroll??

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Im hearing Norv Turner, Wade Phillips, Bob Stoops, Houston Nutt, and Jeff Fisher as possible canidates

Jeff Fisher would be crazy to leave Tennesse, but anything can & will happen in the NFL.

I don't know why Jimmy Johnson just doesn't come back. :( Stupid male egos.

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

There was the Jeff Fisher rumor...but I doubt he leaves Tennessee. Others said that Parcells stays around for a year and then Bill Cowher takes over. I know it's crazy...but I wonder if they'll make a play for Bob Stoops or maybe Pete Carroll??

Oh God!!! :( Pete Caroll?? :hairpunk: PUKE!! Bob Stoops I could handle, but not Petey boy.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2007, 12:22 PM

Cowher can only come here if Dallas is willing to give Pitt a ton of draft picks cause he is still under contract.

I PRAY Stoops is not the choice..think about it..When he plays teams that have the same talent as OU he struggles, and in the NFL almost EVERY team is about the same talent wise.

Carroll was HORRID in the NFL.

Because PArcells takes his sweet time Dallas is now in a bad spot when it comes to finding a QUALITY coach. Even finding new cordinators will not be easy. THANKS BIG BILL

BILLYFRED0000
01-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Cowher can only come here if Dallas is willing to give Pitt a ton of draft picks cause he is still under contract.

I PRAY Stoops is not the choice..think about it..When he plays teams that have the same talent as OU he struggles, and in the NFL almost EVERY team is about the same talent wise.

Because PArcells takes his sweet time Dallas is now in a bad spot when it comes to finding a QUALITY coach. Even finding new cordinators will not be easy. THANKS BIG BILL

One thing for sure. They still have not fixed the loose nut behind
the wheel......

burnet44
01-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Jerry gets what Jerry deserves
Jerry Lewis is still alive
He can coach Jerry's Kids

eagles_victory
01-22-2007, 12:24 PM

It's not like they let him go. It is kind of hard to convince a guy to stay on as an assistant when he is being offered a head coaching job

mustang68
01-22-2007, 12:25 PM
What we need is a new owner.:D

kepdawg
01-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Weldon Nelms is the logical choice, right? ;)

Here's a preliminary list:

John Addicks: Athletic director/head coach, Lake Hill Preparatory

Edward Arledge: Head coach/boys athletic coordinator, Clear Brook

Gabriel Alvarado: Defensive coordinator, George Jenkins, Lakeland, Fla.

R.J. Bond: Head coach, DeLay Middle School, Lewisville

James Brown: Athletic coordinator/head coach, Brazosport

Mike Burzawa: Head coach, Driscoll Catholic, Addison, Ill.

Lonnie Cook: Head coach, Holy Trinity Catholic, Temple, Texas

Kevin Ellison: Varsity assistant coach, Pflugerville Connally

Clint Finley: Defensive coordinator/QB coach, Schulenburg

Rod Fuhrmann: Head coach, New Waverly

Vance Gibson: Head coach, Frisco

Tony Heath: Head coach, Pearland

Tyrone Hughes: Assistant coach, Dallas Jesuit

Kevin Kopecky: Head coach, St. Thomas Aquinas, Overland Park, Kan.

Eugene Lockhart: Former Cowboys linebacker

Dennis Lorio: Assistant coach, Parkview Baptist School, Baton Rouge, La.

Todd McVey: Former head coach, McKinney

Eli Melton: Varsity assistant coach, Southlake Carroll

Weldon Nelms: Athletic director/head coach, Wimberley

Phil Pettey: Former NFL and collegiate assistant coach, former NFL player

Johnny Ringo: Head coach, Plano East

David San Juan: Assistant coach, Allen D. Nease, St. Augustine, Fla.

Mike Sneed: Former head coach, Weatherford

Blaine Springston: Athletic director/head coach, Andrews

John Ullrich: Head coach, Life School of Oak Cliff

Nathan Washington: Enterprise Car Sales of Idaho/Utah group finance manager; hasn't worked as a coach since 1999

Hal Wasson: Head coach, Keller Fossil Ridge

Adidas410s
01-22-2007, 12:26 PM

I agree totally. I wasn't saying that those would be GOOD choices...but likely names that will come up in the discussion.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2007, 12:27 PM

Before we annoint Peyton as the great coach, lets see how he does in the next few years..Jim Mora Jr took the Falcons to NFC title game in first year, and we see where he is today. A mark if a good coach is doing it year in and year out

Adidas410s
01-22-2007, 12:27 PM
It's not like they let him go. It is kind of hard to convince a guy to stay on as an assistant when he is being offered a head coaching job

you promise him the HC job...because everybody knew Parcells was good for 1 MAYBE 2 years at most. Waiting on the Cows job looked better than NO did at the time he went there...

Adidas410s
01-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Here's another name to throw out...

Steve Mariucci ;)

One thought...I wonder if having Owens on the roster will prevent some coaches from wanting the Cows job. I could see some saying "it's either me or him..." :thinking:

Phil C
01-22-2007, 12:29 PM
This doesn't surprise me even though I was hoping he would stay one more year. What gave it away was when some of the assistant coaches starting taking other assistant coaching jobs.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/488659

Bullaholic
01-22-2007, 12:30 PM
I think Cowher will sit out next season, unless there was an outrageous offer on the table.

Jimmy Johnson would be the answer to a lot of prayers in Dallas. Can you imagine the media hype in the media for a native Texas son to return to glory with the Cowboys? Out of the question----Jimmy has a big boat docked in Florida and a stack of easy broadcasting money he can't jump over----ain't happening.

Stoops, maybe---we know what a penchant JJ has for OU coaches.

I don't think Pete Carroll would fit the JJ system very well.

Steve Mariucci is still looking---maybe a dark horse candidate

Lots of re-treads out there---Dennis Green and others. Hope JJ doesn't go that way.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think Cowher will sit out next season, unless there was an outrageous offer on the table.

Jimmy Johnson would be the answer to a lot of prayers in Dallas. Can you imagine the media hype in the media for a native Texas son to return to glory with the Cowboys? Out of the question----Jimmy has a big boat docked in Florida and a stack of easy broadcasting money he can't jump over----ain't happening.

Lots of re-treads out there---Dennis Green and others. Hope JJ doesn't go that way.

Why would someone want Johnson who proved he could not win in a salary cap era?

3afan
01-22-2007, 12:32 PM

they HAD to let Peyton go since the job he was going to was a promotion to a coordinator or head coach .......

Bullaholic
01-22-2007, 12:34 PM

He won big in Dallas before things began to change. Besides, I like his coaching "style"---he kicks butts when they need to be kicked.

JasperDog94
01-22-2007, 12:34 PM
For the love of everything holy please, oh please don't let it be Bob Stoops.:helpme:

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 12:35 PM

:confused: huh??

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 12:36 PM
For the love of everything holy please, oh please don't let it be Bob Stoops.:helpme:

Okay, I feel I have to defend my "Bob Stoops I can handle" comment. I was strickly speaking as a "girl" he is easier on the eyes than Pete. :o ROFLMAO!!! :D

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2007, 12:37 PM
:confused: huh??

Jimmy Johnson took a good team in Miami and could do nothing with it..He even said the salary cap hampered his ability to coach because he could not bring in the mass of players like he had in Dallas.

CenTexSports
01-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I say let Jerry Jones coach the team. He is a football genius. He can then deal with TO daily and motivate him with his great charm and charisma.

JasperDog94
01-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Okay, I feel I have to defend my "Bob Stoops I can handle" comment. I was strickly speaking as a "girl" he is easier on the eyes than Pete. :o ROFLMAO!!! :D :kiss: :inlove: :inlove:

JR2004
01-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Please oh Please let Bob Stoops be the next head coach in Dallas! Nothing I'd like to see more than watch viser boy choke at the pro level!

JasperDog94
01-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Please oh Please let Bob Stoops be the next head coach in Dallas! Nothing I'd like to see more than watch viser boy choke at the pro level! Show some compassion.:mad: :mad: :mad:

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Please oh Please let Bob Stoops be the next head coach in Dallas! Nothing I'd like to see more than watch viser boy choke at the pro level!

LMAO!! visor boy!!!! :clap: :clap: hahahahaha

chaingang
01-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Hey, what about Mack Brown? Or maybe RC Slokum.:D

BullFrog Dad
01-22-2007, 12:49 PM
How about Barry Switzer? He's already guided the 'Boys to a Super Bowl victory.

JR2004
01-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
Or maybe RC Slokum.:D

Man wouldn't that be fun watching RC run the Gulf Coast Offense up here in Dallas!

chaingang
01-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Its kind of a Homer because RC is from my home town.:D

:thinking: Switzer :thinking: ........not that bad of an idea.

bobcat1
01-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Mike Singletary or Wade Phillips ?????????????? :D

piratebg
01-22-2007, 01:24 PM
So who are some of the coaches available right now? Any serious rumors floating around?

wedo
01-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
So who are some of the coaches available right now? Any serious rumors floating around?

I've heard Wade Phillips, Nerv Turner and Bob Stoops and even a possiblity of Charlie Weiss!!

coach
01-22-2007, 01:43 PM

jimmy johnson are you kidding him and jerry jones hate each other

coach
01-22-2007, 01:46 PM
what about dennis franchione...lol

Bullaholic
01-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by coach
jimmy johnson are you kidding him and jerry jones hate each other

Such a scenario would be possible because both men have huge egos. Both men would love the exclusive media spotlight opportunities and Jimmy Johnson would be able to step in for a second coming that would upstage the career of a coaching legend if he was successful in winning aother Super Bowl with the Cowboys. That would place Jimmy in the circle of greatest NFL coaches of all-time----hard opportunity for a large ego to refuse. However, as I pointed out in another thread---Jimmy has his life circumstances just like he wants them, and I don't look for him to rock his boat---literally.

coach
01-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Such a scenario would be possible because both men have huge egos. Both men would love the exclusive media spotlight opportunities and Jimmy Johnson would be able to step in for a second coming that would upstage the career of a coaching legend if he was successful in winning aother Super Bowl with the Cowboys. That would place Jimmy in the circle of greatest NFL coaches of all-time----hard opportunity for a large ego to refuse. However, as I pointed out in another thread---Jimmy has his life circumstances just like he wants them, and I don't look for him to rock his boat---literally.

i can see that with the ego thing but dont u remeber how jerry ran jimmy off they cant stand each other...it aint happenen...i say some like weiss stoops pete carroll or bill cower

wedo
01-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by coach
...i say some like weiss stoops pete carroll or bill cower

I say all of these and Ron Rivera will be candidates!!

Macarthur
01-22-2007, 02:20 PM
my favorite would be jeff fisher.

why would fisher be crazy to leave tenn? bud adams is not a particularly good owner and rumor has it adams & fisher aren't best of buddies.

halfnhalf
01-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Man that sux

Fotbol
01-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Todd Dodge

Emerson1
01-23-2007, 11:04 PM
It took long enough. Lets get someone in here that can run an offense and take advantage of the teams strengths. No more tony romo coming from under center when flozell adams is getting beat every play.

Parcells acted like a little whiny baby all year by calling TO 'The Player'. Another case of not using players right. TO is the best receiver in the league after catching the ball, so lets send him deep everytime where he has to use his finger tips to catch the ball. Meanwhile they have Terry Glenn run all the short routes when he is the fastest receivers on the team.