PDA

View Full Version : What to do about College basketball Recruiting?

injuredinmelee
01-22-2007, 11:04 AM
I like that there is an age restriction to enter the NBA draft. The fact though that these kids are dropping in for a year to a college program and then leaving the next season. It makes it hard to be a fan because I cherish continuity and like to get behind the kids. IT also seems that the teams that are sucessful in the tourney (final four) are teams with kids that have been there at least a couple of years playing together. College Basketball is becoming a farm league for the NBA and I hate it.

JasperDog94
01-22-2007, 11:07 AM
The one year rule is stupid...IMO.

injuredinmelee
01-22-2007, 11:12 AM
i used to think i woudl liek it now I would rather them just jump to the NBA than to come tease me for a year.

Phil C
01-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
i used to think i woudl liek it now I would rather them just jump to the NBA than to come tease me for a year.

I agree. The NBA should have made it three years. Sort of like the NFL.

I also feel that if a player doesn't like the team that drafts him in the NFL or doesn't like the terms he should be able to come back to the NCAA when the Fall Semester starts.

JasperDog94
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I also feel that if a player doesn't like the team that drafts him in the NFL or doesn't like the terms he should be able to come back to the NCAA when the Fall Semester starts. :crazy: :crazy1: :dispntd:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 11:17 AM
You're just saying that because you want Kevin Durant back for a few more years. :p

Phil C
01-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
You're just saying that because you want Kevin Durant back for a few more years. :p

I knew all along he would be gone after this year. I think Philadelphia wants him.

Are you implying that no one wants any of the Aggies after one year?

:D

burnet44
01-22-2007, 11:34 AM
drop the basketball program

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Kevin Durant is a great basketball player, but I'm content with the Aggie squad we have now.

JasperDog94
01-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Kevin Durant is a great basketball player, but I'm content with the Aggie squad we have now. As you should be. They are a very good team.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
As you should be. They are a very good team.

I'm glad they finally showed up to play against OSU, they were down the last few weeks and still won.

maestro
01-22-2007, 11:18 PM
it is a revolving door at the colleges.....and yet, the college game is more exciting than ever.

one year rule makes sense.....

coaches are out over recruiting each year anyhow...

and yes, the aggies are a huge surprise....they flat out play HARD..

bandera7
01-23-2007, 12:12 AM
well I think that the situation was getting so bad with kids that tried to make the jump but couldnt pull it off, and were left with nothing, that they tried to make them go to college. now, 1 year doesnt mean anything, so they arej ust putting a band aid on a gaping wound, but 3 years would have been good. Much better than the present system. And I agree, I like getting behind a team, I dont like the whole brand new team deal every year.

Bulldog_12
01-23-2007, 12:33 AM
I like it because it gives some colleges a great chance to win an NC by getting that great recruit that could have jumped. Look at syracuse and Melo. Think of how good OSU would have been with LeBron.