PDA

View Full Version : A word to the (not so) wise....

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 09:59 AM
We ask that you take up a problem with a moderator in a PM and many of you do so.....BUT, if you proceed to call us names in a PM, don't expect to hang around.

Just because it is in a PM doesn't mean that we have to put up with it!

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
We ask that you take up a problem with a moderator in a PM and many of you do so.....BUT, if you proceed to call us names in a PM, don't expect to hang around.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Unbelievable!!!

Phil C
01-22-2007, 10:13 AM
COME ON EVERYONE! BE CIVIL!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Unbelievable!!!

What?? That I posted this or that people do it?:confused: :confused:

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 10:19 AM
What?? That I posted this or that people do it?:confused: :confused:

That people do it. Why would anyone call us names?? :D

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 10:21 AM
That people do it. Why would anyone call us names?? :D

I don't know...:(

LH Panther Mom
01-22-2007, 10:25 AM

Unbelievable!!!
I thought it was quasi-believable, myself, but not too bright. ;)

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I thought it was quasi-believable, myself, but not too bright. ;)

ROFL!!

Hansum Stranger
01-22-2007, 10:40 AM
RM, you said a word to the wise. The wise people already know that.

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Hansum Stranger
RM, you said a word to the wise. The wise people already know that.

You are correct....I need to "rephrase"!!

injuredinmelee
01-22-2007, 10:42 AM
maybe we can get Jr High out of session in here and start being enjoyable again.

chaingang
01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Ranger Mom and Panther Mom.........my favorite women!:kiss: :D

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-22-2007, 01:08 PM
It wasn't me.

rundoe
01-22-2007, 01:55 PM
No 1 Definition in Websters:

Moderator: One who "arbitrates"

"Arbitrator": A person chosen to "settle differences between two parties in controversy".

Now seems to me from reading these definitions that "settling controversy" would refer to "settling" something.

In the Wild West they just stood out in the open at high noon and shot at each other to settle differences. Anyone and everyone that wanted to watch could. Of course you might get hit by a stray shot, but that was your choice to make. Hopefully I won't get hit by a stray bullet here by voicing my opinion.

Just my opinion, and not callling anyone names:

I think, if we continue to shoot people in alleys,in the dark, then refuse to discuss it openly as members of the "family", this "family" we all love will dwindle away to nothing.

It's still my opinion and I wonder whats to become of us. I have made many friends on here and maybe a few enemies, but isn't that what families do? We arbitrate and settle our differences. Maybe we should try it more often.

And if we can't, there is an ignore button on this site. Those of us who don't like what someone has to say should use it.

From my yesterdays post: Under LitanyofFury is Rommed:

This all got me to thinking. I think I am still allowed to voice my opinion on here so I will.

Maybe us old-timers should try and remember more often what it was like to be "young and foolish" again.

Sure, these kids post some stupid stuff, but maybe we should just edit thier dumb-a$$ comments instead of banning them.

I mean, at least they are spending their time behind the computer instead of out drinking and driving or something worse.

We are drawn here for one reason, our love of the game of football. Age doesn't matter. We arn't going to agree or post the same. It's called a forum. A place where we can read or not read, argue or not argue, laugh or get too serious.

I have more problems with the adults on here that "act like kids" as opposed to the kids that act like kids.

Those "adults" I disagree with, I take on head to head in pm's and not out in front of everyone.

My point is that, we need to rememeber that it's a game. The players take it seriously and so do we. Our ranting and raving on the downlow are just that, nothing more. Our opinions.

The game is settled on the field. We are all drawn here for the love of the competition and the excitement and drama of it all, and to feel a little of it after the final click of the clock. We don't want to let it go.

It's better than movies , it's our lives and the lives of our kids, played right out in front of us. We cheer the winners and console the losers, but we love it and so do they. These are the memories of our lives, and theirs.

We as adults need to try to remember what it was like for us, we certainly wern't angels either. We just didn't have computers to voice our stupidly pubicly.

Just delete thier stuff deemed too 'Over the Top" for the board and go on.

Now go rent a copy of Napoleon Dynamite and, behind the halerious scenes, rememeber this movie is about what was once important to us. Stupid stuff that means nothing later, but everything at the time.

Bobcat said it best earlier, " Aw, And I was having fun with the idgit!" In ther meantime, I'll do my crazy dancing at the bottom of my posts, and my yelling in the stands.

Nuff Said!!
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/MinorityIclaimeU/peace-rwb.jpg

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by rundoe

Moderator: One who "arbitrates"

"Arbitrator": A person chosen to "settle differences between two parties in controversy".

Now seems to me from reading these definitions that "settling controversy" would refer to "settling" something.

In the Wild West they just stood out in the open at high noon and shot at each other to settle differences. Anyone and everyone that wanted to watch could. Of course you might get hit by a stray shot, but that was your choice to make. Hopefully I won't get hit by a stray bullet here by voicing my opinion.

Just my opinion, and not callling anyone names:

I think, if we continue to shoot people in alleys,in the dark, then refuse to discuss it openly as members of the "family", this "family" we all love will dwindle away to nothing.

It's still my opinion and I wonder whats to become of us. I have made many friends on here and maybe a few enemies, but isn't that what families do? We arbitrate and settle our differences. Maybe we should try it more often.

And if we can't, there is an ignore button on this site. Those of us who don't like what someone has to say should use it.

From my yesterdays post: Under LitanyofFury is Rommed:

This all got me to thinking. I think I am still allowed to voice my opinion on here so I will.

Maybe us old-timers should try and remember more often what it was like to be "young and foolish" again.

Sure, these kids post some stupid stuff, but maybe we should just edit thier dumb-a$$ comments instead of banning them.

I mean, at least they are spending their time behind the computer instead of out drinking and driving or something worse.

We are drawn here for one reason, our love of the game of football. Age doesn't matter. We arn't going to agree or post the same. It's called a forum. A place where we can read or not read, argue or not argue, laugh or get too serious.

I have more problems with the adults on here that "act like kids" as opposed to the kids that act like kids.

Those "adults" I disagree with, I take on head to head in pm's and not out in front of everyone.

My point is that, we need to rememeber that it's a game. The players take it seriously and so do we. Our ranting and raving on the downlow are just that, nothing more. Our opinions.

The game is settled on the field. We are all drawn here for the love of the competition and the excitement and drama of it all, and to feel a little of it after the final click of the clock. We don't want to let it go.

It's better than movies , it's our lives and the lives of our kids, played right out in front of us. We cheer the winners and console the losers, but we love it and so do they. These are the memories of our lives, and theirs.

We as adults need to try to remember what it was like for us, we certainly wern't angels either. We just didn't have computers to voice our stupidly pubicly.

Just delete thier stuff deemed too 'Over the Top" for the board and go on.

Now go rent a copy of Napoleon Dynamite and, behind the halerious scenes, rememeber this movie is about what was once important to us. Stupid stuff that means nothing later, but everything at the time.

Bobcat said it best earlier, " Aw, And I was having fun with the idgit!" In ther meantime, I'll do my crazy dancing at the bottom of my posts, and my yelling in the stands.

Nuff Said!!
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/MinorityIclaimeU/peace-rwb.jpg

That's all well and good, and how long are we expected to "arbitrate" before realizing it's a lost cause?

You have no idea what goes on behinds the scenes, the scathing PM's we get, and the time we have to spend away from enjoying the board because we are too busy babysitting those select few who can't seem to behave themselves and follow a couple of rules.

It's real easy to sit on the other side and question our motives, we all sat where you are sitting before.

Until you have walked in our shoes and dealt with what we deal with on a daily basis, please don't judge.

I will be more than happy to take this up in PM's, but Matthew328 is the best one to talk to!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 02:45 PM

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. :mad:

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. :mad:

Ive been doing this for 3 years now...I think I can handle it just fine.

The day I start taking orders from a snot nosed kid is the day I will just give it ALL up!:kiss:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Ive been doing this for 3 years now...I think I can handle it just fine.

The day I start taking orders from a snot nosed kid is the day I will just give it ALL up!

What about non-snot nosed kids?

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 02:55 PM
What about non-snot nosed kids?

I think they are all snot nosed...or just snotty!

rundoe
01-22-2007, 02:57 PM
I said my piece, both in pms and here.I have walked in your shoes as General Manager and Vice President of a company of over 120 people and moderated once crisis after another on a daily basis.

If you took my opinion as me critizing you personally, I apoligize. I wasn't.

My opinions were positive and were meant to be helpful, not destructive. If I didn't care, I wouldn't say a word.

I did however pm Matthew , twice, and got no responce either time. I guess I am next.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
I think they are all snot nosed...or just snotty!

Do you want me to beat them up for you?

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:00 PM

I did however pm Matthew , twice, and got no responce either time. I guess I am next.

Matthew has a full time job and can't be on during the day.

He very seldom tackles any of this "board drivel" until he is done with his paying job.

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:00 PM
By the way, I am not a snot-nosed kid (does that qualify as name calling?).

I am probably one of the older persons posting here.

Besides Bobcat , He's ancient, lol

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Do you want me to beat them up for you?

Well thanks....but I already did!:)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 03:01 PM
Well thanks....but I already did!:)

Hogging all the fun again. :(

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't think one thing i said was drivel. I think it was all legitimate concerns. I have a job in the day time and another at night too. Just happen to be behind a computer most of the time.

k
Matthew has a full time job and can't be on during the day.

He very seldom tackles any of this "board drivel" until he is done with his paying job.

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:03 PM

Besides Bobcat , He's ancient, lol

#1: I wasn't talking to you

#2: See "quoted" post above my post.

#3: BBDE KNOWS I am just kidding around with HIM!!

#4: My birthday is in 2 days....I might be depressed that day, I need cards!
:p

bobcat1
01-22-2007, 03:04 PM

Besides Bobcat , He's ancient, lol I am nearly old enough to know better!;)

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't think one thing i said was drivel. I think it was all legitimate concerns. I have a job in the day time and another at night too. Just happen to be behind a computer most of the time.

k

Didn't point out what YOU said directly...the majority is "drivel".

You sure are sensitive these days!

luvhoops34
01-22-2007, 03:06 PM
I can't believe posters would call you names in a pm. :( :doh: :( :doh: You can be upset and vent, but the mods aren't the ones causing problems.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 03:07 PM

And she knows I was kidding with her. ;)

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Ranger Mom,

I won't beat up Big Blue Defensive End for you like you asked me to in your PM.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Ranger Mom,

1. Because you can't.
2. Because you don't want to try.
3. :D

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:34 PM
No, Only because she said she was kidding. :cool:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 03:35 PM
No, Only because she said she was kidding. :cool:

I have a big stick in my dorm room. Where do you want to meet? :mad:

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Ranger Mom,

Oh please....you know that is not what I asked you!

All I wanted to know is why YOU would ask me to do something like you asked ME to to do!!:hand: :hand:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Want me to send you BBDE's ear as a B-day card?

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:37 PM
What did I ask you?

Oh please....you know that is not what I asked you!

All I wanted to know is why YOU would ask me to do something like you asked ME to to do!!:hand: :hand:

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Want me to send you BBDE's ear as a B-day card?

okay....I need to get back to work, I guess.

You are starting to weird out on me!:eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:38 PM
What did I ask you?

HAHAHAHA!!

Good one!!:thumbsup:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I was kidding, ok? Why is eveyone so touchy today?

Happy B day

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Rule one: Never bring a big stick to a knife fight.

I have a big stick in my dorm room. Where do you want to meet? :mad:

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:42 PM
I was kidding, ok? Why is eveyone so touchy today?

Happy B day

I thought we were all kidding actually!!:(

Anyway, I asked you first why you were being so sensitive and you didn't answer my question!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Rule one: Never bring a big stick to a knife fight.

Have you ever seen the movie The Punisher? Who said it had to be an ordinary stick? :rolleyes:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:44 PM
I can't tell you, It's a secret behind the scenes thing that might cause me to get rommed or the board to get shut down and I don't want that to happen.

Let's just go back to work.

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:46 PM
I can't tell you, It's a secret behind the scenes thing that might cause me to get rommed or the board to get shut down and I don't want that to happen.

Nah.....boards can spring up all over the place, posters can be dissatisfied with what they don't understand, and the 3adownlow will still be here.

The family tree branches run too far and wide!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 03:47 PM

I'll never be ROM'd. I look too good. :D

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:48 PM

Now Now Jason!;)

Bullaholic
01-22-2007, 03:49 PM

Go study, Leon....:D

Fotbol
01-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Sorry for the names I called you Mods in the PM, but I didn't mean anything bye them:rolleyes:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:50 PM
When we meet at the next meet and greet, if there is one, we can talk and laugh about it.

But growing up small i learned to run until I found something that made me bigger than my opponent. Seemed to always work.

Besides, I was just playing along with the gag.

No hard feeling, was just kidding around.

I didn't like the Punisher movie, either of them. Have all the comics and the movie versions didn't protray him like he was origionally written.

Have you ever seen the movie The Punisher? Who said it had to be an ordinary stick? :rolleyes:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:51 PM
A good General knows when to retreat.

Originally posted by Fotbol
Sorry for the names I called you Mods in the PM, but I didn't mean anything bye them:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Fotbol
Sorry for the names I called you Mods in the PM

You did?:confused: :confused:

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 03:52 PM
:weeping: :kiss: :twitch: :weeping: :bigcry: :helpme: :wave: :wave:

Good grief!!!

chaingang
01-22-2007, 03:53 PM

How old ya gonna be??? 28???

How bout a b-day kiss.:kiss: :D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Go study, Leon....:D

This is the second time, my name is GARY. :doh:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 03:55 PM
When we meet at the next meet and greet, if there is one, we can talk and laugh about it.

But growing up small i learned to run until I found something that made me bigger than my opponent. Seemed to always work.

Besides, I was just playing along with the gag.

No hard feeling, was just kidding around.

I didn't like the Punisher movie, either of them. Have all the comics and the movie versions didn't protray him like he was origionally written.

I know, the only time I'm serious is when I'm talking about Rockdale sports or politics. Other than that, I'm probably just screwing around.

rundoe
01-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Mines Gary too, Big Blue, Didn't we cover all this with Ranger Mom in chat one night. :confused:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Mines Gary too, Big Blue, Didn't we cover all this with Ranger Mom in chat one night. :confused:

Yep. This pretty much means we're probably related or something.

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Yep. This pretty much means we're probably related or something.

:eek: Lord help us!!:hand:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 04:00 PM

Two Gary's don't make a right, they make a spiraling vortex of awesomeness.

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
How old ya gonna be??? 28???

awwww!!:kiss:

Originally posted by chaingang

How bout a b-day kiss.:kiss: :D

AWWWWWW!!:inlove: :blush:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Naw, I'm too old to be Rangers Moms kid too, lol.

Maybe we're cousins or something.

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:02 PM
I agree, would be every womans dream, lol.

Two Gary's don't make a right, they make a spiraling vortex of awesomeness.

LH Panther Mom
01-22-2007, 04:03 PM
I can see the resemblance.......fp. :devil: :devil: :devil:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:04 PM
Your cracking me up, lol.

:weeping: :kiss: :twitch: :weeping: :bigcry: :helpme: :wave: :wave:

Good grief!!!

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 04:04 PM

Dare I ask what "FP" stands for in the open forum??:eek: :eek:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:05 PM
You can tell greatness when you see it?

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Fantastic Personalities!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
01-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Dare I ask what "FP" stands for in the open forum??:eek: :eek: Let me jog your memory. Rundoe would not be the "with muscles" one. :D ;)

pirate4state
Your cracking me up, lol.

I'm glad someone thinks I'm funny. :p :p

Fotbol
You did?:confused: :confused: Nope I didn't, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity:D

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Let me jog your memory. Rundoe would not be the "with muscles" one. :D ;)

Hehe

Ranger Mom
Dare I ask what "FP" stands for in the open forum??:eek: :eek:

OHHHHH!!!!!

It just hit me!!

ROFL!!

I was thinking all kinds of nasty things!!

SHAME ON ME!!

pirate4state
Let me jog your memory. Rundoe would not be the "with muscles" one. :D ;) :eek: oh lord!!! :devil: :evillol:

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 04:08 PM
OHHHHH!!!!!

It just hit me!!

ROFL!!

SHAME ON ME!!

SCREAM!!! (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/alleluia.wav)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 04:08 PM
OHHHHH!!!!!

It just hit me!!

ROFL!!

SHAME ON ME!!

It wouldn't be the first time you've thought nasty things about the FP w/ muscles, though. :eek:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:11 PM

I'll arm wrestle you anyday!!!!! :mad:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:13 PM
It wouldn't be the first time you've thought nasty things about the FP w/ muscles, though. :eek:

She might be more thanyou can handle, lol.:devil:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 04:13 PM
She might be more thanyou can handle, lol.:devil:

Why do you think I have these muscles?

carter08
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Do me a favor
Save the controversy for when I get home

AP Panther Fan
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
SCREAM!!! (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/alleluia.wav)

Good Grief....you have GOT to quit doing that to me!:doh:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Why do you think I have these muscles?

I could say something mighty tacky here, but since there are women watching I won't, lol

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:18 PM

Hey I think that breaks the name calling rule.:cool:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-22-2007, 04:18 PM
I could say something mighty tacky here, but since there are women watching I won't, lol

There lies the difference between you and me. :devil:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by carter08
Do me a favor
Save the controversy for when I get home

You are a walking controversy carter:devil:

rundoe
01-22-2007, 04:20 PM
There lies the difference between you and me. :devil:

Yes, I'm a gentleman (it wasn't about you, BBDE.):cool: