PDA

View Full Version : I am officially tired of the cold!

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Lepfan, you have ALL my sympathy!!:(

Phil C
01-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Are you tied of the cold or the snow? :confused:

I prefer cold weather to hot summer weather except when there is a softball or baseball game to be played.

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 09:55 AM
I am tired of this mist. It's like we live in Seattle without the cool trees & music.

spiveyrat
01-22-2007, 09:56 AM

I was about to say... You can't be as tired of it as I am! :hand:

Ranger Mom
01-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I was about to say... You can't be as tired of it as I am! :hand:

Oops, Sorry Spivey, I forgot about you!

My sympathy extends to you also!!

spiveyrat
01-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Oops, Sorry Spivey, I forgot about you!

My sympathy extends to you also!!

:D

lepfan
01-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I shoveled snow for over an hour yesterday. ...just to be able to get to the store. We are supposed to be above freezing tomorrow!:clap: :clap: :clap:

injuredinmelee
01-22-2007, 10:45 AM
It was so nice to finally see the sun for the first time in over a week yesterday. Was still too cold to paly wiht the kids outside for very long but it got me out of my not seeing the sun funk.
I spent two weeks in Detroit, Michigan one time and saw the sun twice. I was ready to slit my wrists. Its depressing.

IHStangFan
01-22-2007, 11:02 AM
down in my neck of the woods...its not so much the cold....I dont mind cold...its the freakin rain and drizzle!

Phil C
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I shoveled snow for over an hour yesterday. ...just to be able to get to the store. We are supposed to be above freezing tomorrow!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Enjoy the snow! Some of us don't get to see it except every 30 years or so!!

spiveyrat
01-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Enjoy the snow! Some of us don't get to see it except every 30 years or so!!

Ain't nothing enjoyable about shovelling snow, Phil. I spent about an hour on my driveway, sidewalk and cars too. Then there's having to wade through it in parking lots that haven't been cleared yet, and all the yuck from sand and salt you get on your car when it melts on the roads, and tracking the dange stuff inside, and trying not to slip and fall down while you're carrying your 2 year old from the car into the house, and...

Unfortunately for us, when it snows, everything doesn't stop. Schools are still in session, and my employer has NEVER shut down for weather since I've been here (10 years).

Ok, done with my rant. :D

spiveyrat
01-22-2007, 12:14 PM

JasperDog94
01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Hey Spivey, you need to come to one of our fishing tourneys that our church is doing. If you make it down here, I'll pay your entry fee.;)

spiveyrat
01-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Hey Spivey, you need to come to one of our fishing tourneys that our church is doing. If you make it down here, I'll pay your entry fee.;)

:thinking:

Tempting...

LHMom
01-22-2007, 07:36 PM
I actually didn't mind the cold last week since I didn't have to get out in it with the icey roads. This cold and no ice just down right stinks!

piratebg
01-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Cold and wet. That's all it's been for a week and now we have another week of cold and we to look forward to. :dispntd:

CalallenWildcat
01-22-2007, 08:39 PM
not cold here...we're up at the burning temperature of 50

lepfan
01-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Enjoy the snow! Some of us don't get to see it except every 30 years or so!! Phil, I know you are a gentleman and all...and a bit older than I...not to mention the 'other sex'. But, I might have to come down there and whoop your @$$. ;) At least it would get me out of this frozen hell hole.

Like spivey said...business as usual. 6" of snow Sat/Sun -- no delays in start time around here...We went to Garden City today for a doctor's appointment. Some places you could see the yellow line and some you could not! PLUS...those bull wagons still drive 85! Talk about :mad: :mad: :mad:

Our high today was a whopping 26 degrees!

luvhoops34
01-22-2007, 10:43 PM
It was actually sunny here today for a short while.:( But thankfully no rain! It's rained so much we even had mud holes in our driveway.:(

I am soooo glad I am not in Brazoria County any more. Sorry folks, but that is the muddiest place on earth. And all it did was rain and drizzle the whole time we were there. I was up to my butt checks in mud all the time. :(

Chopblock
01-22-2007, 10:46 PM
kinda a change for me Ranger Mom I'm used to 60 degrees this time of year, we still have about 6 inches on the ground, got to 34 here today

CHS_CG
01-23-2007, 09:21 AM
the only nice day we had was sunday and the temp was 60 ish... and the sun was out.. the week b4 that we had ice and a lil snow and rain and temps in the 30's (20's at night) then yesterday it was windy and KBTX said it felt like 41 out side (felt colder than that to me) and today now its cold and we have a 60% chance of rain... IM SICK OF THIS....... I want spring to be here NOW!

lepfan
01-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Chopblock
kinda a change for me Ranger Mom I'm used to 60 degrees this time of year, we still have about 6 inches on the ground, got to 34 here today I think I am a few hours north of you. It is 9:30 a.m. MT and 19 degrees. We are going to have to do some warming up to hist freezing today!

It is hard when you have all the ice blocks around ....

AP Panther Fan
01-23-2007, 11:39 AM
All of that talk of shoveling just confirmed my allegiance to the South. I cannot imagine myself having to go through what you do each day just to go to work.

The lack of sunshine here is starting to get to me though...it truly affects my already bad mood.;)