PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Memorial Applicant Names Released

Gobbler Fan
01-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Applications for athletic director are in
29 apply for Memorial head football coach/VISD athletic director
January 22, 2007 - Posted at 12:00 a.m.
BY COY SLAVIK - ADVOCATE SPORTS EDITOR

Schulenburg head football coach and athletic director Mickey Finley was among the 29 applications received by Victoria school district as of Friday for the newly combined position of Memorial head football coach and VISD athletic director.

The Advocate acquired a list of applicants from VISD on Friday. VISD ceased posting for the position on Sunday.

VISD human resources director Eloy Chapa said Friday that he expected to receive more applications over the weekend.

Also among the applicants were three current Class 5A coaches, including Brazoswood's Dean DeAtley, who played football at Victoria High. Two other former Stingaree football players, Columbia head coach and athletic director Brian Lane and Cuero offensive coordinator Travis Reeve, also applied for the position.

Only one member of the current Memorial coaching staff, quarterbacks-receivers coach Keith Barefield, had applied for the job by Friday afternoon.

Another applicant with local ties is Medina Valley head football coach and athletic director Brian Emerson, who served as an assistant at Stroman before becoming head football coach and athletic director at Class 2A Blanco. Emerson guided Blanco to the Class 2A, Division I state title in 2001.

Two other current Class 5A head coaches, Corpus Christi Ray's Roland Gonzalez and Killeen Ellison's Bret Boyd, are also among the applicants.

VISD superintendent Bob Moore said he plans to begin calling in finalists for interviews as soon as possible.

Among the other applicants as of Friday were:

Rice Consolidated head football coach and athletic director Brad Dumont.
Skidmore-Tynan head football coach and athletic director Adam Arroyo.
Crystal City head football coach and athletic director Eliseo Aguero.
Aldine MacArthur assistant Sammy Covey.
Cotulla head football coach and athletic director Marcus Booker.
Richard Cundiff, who recently resigned after seven seasons as the head coach at Texas A&M-Kingsville.
New Waverly head football coach and athletic director Rod Fuhrmann.
Edward Arledge, who recently resigned as head coach at Clear Brook.
Trinity University assistant Jason Guthrie.
California Polytechnic State University assistant Jeff Hammerschmidt.
Temple Holy Trinity head football coach Lonnie Cook.

Good luck to whoever get's this job .:helpme:

luvhoops34
01-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Looks like more people applied for this job than for the SLC job!

big daddy russ
01-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Wow, Fuhrmann's name really gets around. I've seen him on three or four lists already this offseason.

I'm not sure what's going on with Cundiff, but that may be a great pickup for Memorial. I know there's been tons of politics involved with the job since the schools consolidated, but Cundiff's about as straight a shooter as you'll find. Was the defensive coordinator for all of Ron Harms' Javelina teams for years before taking over as the HC.

Gobbla2001
01-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Good Luck Mr. Arroyo :clap:

pirate4state
01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

WoW ... I just noticed his name.

Phil C
01-22-2007, 04:16 PM

They have lots of good applicants but they couldn't go wrong with this one. Of course I am sure other folks would say the same thing about the other applicants.

44INAROW
01-22-2007, 04:18 PM

i agree - he's a proven winner........ good luck AA:)

Gobbla2001
01-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
i agree - he's a proven winner........ good luck AA:)

is he a AA or AAA battery? ;)

CalallenWildcat
01-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
Applications for athletic director are in
29 apply for Memorial head football coach/VISD athletic director
January 22, 2007 - Posted at 12:00 a.m.
BY COY SLAVIK - ADVOCATE SPORTS EDITOR

Schulenburg head football coach and athletic director Mickey Finley was among the 29 applications received by Victoria school district as of Friday for the newly combined position of Memorial head football coach and VISD athletic director.

The Advocate acquired a list of applicants from VISD on Friday. VISD ceased posting for the position on Sunday.

VISD human resources director Eloy Chapa said Friday that he expected to receive more applications over the weekend.

Also among the applicants were three current Class 5A coaches, including Brazoswood's Dean DeAtley, who played football at Victoria High. Two other former Stingaree football players, Columbia head coach and athletic director Brian Lane and Cuero offensive coordinator Travis Reeve, also applied for the position.

Only one member of the current Memorial coaching staff, quarterbacks-receivers coach Keith Barefield, had applied for the job by Friday afternoon.

Another applicant with local ties is Medina Valley head football coach and athletic director Brian Emerson, who served as an assistant at Stroman before becoming head football coach and athletic director at Class 2A Blanco. Emerson guided Blanco to the Class 2A, Division I state title in 2001.

Two other current Class 5A head coaches, Corpus Christi Ray's Roland Gonzalez and Killeen Ellison's Bret Boyd, are also among the applicants.

VISD superintendent Bob Moore said he plans to begin calling in finalists for interviews as soon as possible.

Among the other applicants as of Friday were:

Rice Consolidated head football coach and athletic director Brad Dumont.
Skidmore-Tynan head football coach and athletic director Adam Arroyo.
Crystal City head football coach and athletic director Eliseo Aguero.
Aldine MacArthur assistant Sammy Covey.
Cotulla head football coach and athletic director Marcus Booker.
Richard Cundiff, who recently resigned after seven seasons as the head coach at Texas A&M-Kingsville.
New Waverly head football coach and athletic director Rod Fuhrmann.
Edward Arledge, who recently resigned as head coach at Clear Brook.
Trinity University assistant Jason Guthrie.
California Polytechnic State University assistant Jeff Hammerschmidt.
Temple Holy Trinity head football coach Lonnie Cook.

Good luck to whoever get's this job .:helpme:

See, people...Danaher isn't going to Victoria...

piratebg
01-22-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
See, people...Danaher isn't going to Victoria...

Who said he was? :confused:

Matthew328
01-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Marcus Booker from Cotulla would be a great choice....I was VERY impressed with him..

CalallenWildcat
01-22-2007, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by piratebg

All the ppl on Texaaaa

Gobbla2001
01-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by piratebg

I guess someone from this board said something about it on the AAAA board...

I was confused myself

CalallenWildcat
01-22-2007, 09:01 PM
I guess someone from this board said something about it on the AAAA board...

I was confused myself

http://www.texaaaasports.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2761&highlight=Danaher+to+Victoria

gato 76
01-23-2007, 07:16 AM
This is Brazoswood coach Dean DeAtley baby if he wants it.

footballgal
01-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Marcus Booker from Cotulla would be a great choice....I was VERY impressed with him..

Nooooo! Just when he has Cotulla on the right track... even though I knew all along that it was only a matter of time.

Any front runners??