PDA

View Full Version : Marlin

Chris Hart
09-27-2003, 01:00 PM
Don't get down on yourselves or your team(if a fan). There are alot of people on here saying that your overrated and an average team. Don't listen to it. I don't think Marlin should be in the top 20, just because of their 1-3 record, but you WILL be there at the end. Everyone on here that is knocking Marlin, will eat their words eventually. The majority of the top 20 teams, if they had to play your schedule would be 1-4 when district starts, just like yall 'probably' will be. Marlin will be just fine after district rolls around and everyone is healthy, then the wins will start coming and along with that comes confidence. All these knocking you now, will be the ones that will undoubtedly hope they don't meet you in the playoffs, where yall WILL make BIGTIME noise. Keep your heads up and show your doubters that M-square got it sewn up. :D

Good luck Marlin!

3afan
09-27-2003, 01:02 PM
i agree with ya - Marlin will make noise in the playoffs ....

bd0707
09-27-2003, 01:13 PM
I agree with you Chris, Marlins def. line and backs were in Mcgee's face way too much for comfort last night. The pass coverage Marlin showed was fast and skillfull, a lesser Qb. may not have withstood the constant pressure. Composure just happens to be one of Mcgee's very strong suits. Great game Marlin! (as the town of Burnet takes a collective sigh of relief) Good luck against Ennis, I for one will watch your team with interest as they turn it around in district play.

olddawggreen
09-27-2003, 02:13 PM
I totaly agree. Marlin has a lot of talent. I pitty the team that takes them for granted. These guys are definatly not finished and will have success in district play. Stay focussed guys and it will come.

3afan
09-27-2003, 02:18 PM
but based on the FSN film from the pep rally they need to stick to football, not dancing ... :D :D :D

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 04:10 PM
olddawggreen:
I totaly agree. Marlin has a lot of talent. I pitty the team that takes them for granted. These guys are definatly not finished and will have success in district play. Stay focussed guys and it will come.Marlin is an emotional team. If they get blown out two weeks in a row and then go into district with every team gunning for them emotionally flat like last night, I would not be surprised if they lost one or two games. They will go to the play-offs but most likely will come up against Newton in round two. I think Newton will win that battle, Tank or no Tank. So I have Marlin as a 6-6 or 5-7 team this season and think that posters on this board need to look elsewere for possible DII champions this year. Just my take. :cool:

Chris Hart
09-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Pudlugger:

olddawggreen:
I totaly agree. Marlin has a lot of talent. I pitty the team that takes them for granted. These guys are definatly not finished and will have success in district play. Stay focussed guys and it will come.Marlin is an emotional team. If they get blown out two weeks in a row and then go into district with every team gunning for them emotionally flat like last night, I would not be surprised if they lost one or two games. They will go to the play-offs but most likely will come up against Newton in round two. I think Newton will win that battle, Tank or no Tank. So I have Marlin as a 6-6 or 5-7 team this season and think that posters on this board need to look elsewere for possible DII champions this year. Just my take. :cool: We shall see.

Bandera YaYa
09-27-2003, 11:04 PM
I'm glad someone brought up the Marlin pep rally...the whole gig with the motorcycle and the wrestler dude was...well how can I put this...a little odd?? That, along with the football team rapping was the strangest thing I've seen for a pep rally.....but maybe it's just me.

I agree that Marlin shouldn't get down about losing the game...it's over and I'm sure they need to start preparing for the next one...but might have been easier to swallow if their pre-gamehype hadn't been so "in your face". Hopefully, lesson learned here.

Good luck next week....