PDA

View Full Version : Just some suggestions (nf)

wedo
01-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Im writing a paper right now for my kinesiology class, and i just wanted to know someone else opinion on What is the role of a coach, and what does a coach stand for? I know this is an opinion based paper but i just want to know someone elses opinion also. Thanks it would help!

coach
01-21-2007, 09:44 PM
not only to teach the game but teach class and life situations....also you be a friend and a mentor towards the kids

wedo
01-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks!!! Anyone Else??

88bobcats
01-21-2007, 11:10 PM
I think that a coach establishes a tone or attitude for his team. This is perhaps more true in high school sports than it is for college or pro sports.

Not every high school student/player has the emotional or psychological toughness that is often portrayed in movies and television. The players respond to and emulate the coaches' behavior(s).

We've all seen high school teams that have a reputation for fighting and being sore losers. It's been my experience that those teams' coaches are the catalysts of that anger and aggression. I know that there are players that are exceptions and can behave individually; but when a team has a bad rep. year-in and year-out, I look to the coaching.

Conversely, there are teams that play aggressively and then shake your hand and look you in the eye after the game ends. They play with class, win or lose. In this situation, too, I look to the coaching. They expect 1st-class behavior from their players and don't put up with deviations.

When young players don't know how to respond to tough situations, they borrow from the emotional and psychological make-up of their coaches.

My coaches didn't just teach me about life, they helped shape my attitudes in life. Even in my adult life I can remember lessons that I learned from them. They taught that excellence is achieved only through effort. At the time, I did not realize that by enduring the physical and emotional strains of athletic preparation and competition I would learn how to endure those of life. I learned how important it is to trust my teammates, in athletics and in life. I learned that no accomplishment comes without a contest…physical, mental, or emotional. These men helped me to develop my will and resolve in all three aspects.

A few of my old coaches are already deceased, but I try to thank the others every chance I can. I know they were paid for their work, but they still cared enough to invest their time, energy and emotion in my teammates and me. I thank God for them and for all coaches.

For what it's worth......

wedo
01-21-2007, 11:23 PM
That is great Thanks!! It helps alot really!! I appriciate it a bunch!