PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh's basketball team needs to thank the refs

CalallenWildcat
01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
for keeping them alive...

with 8.6 secs left Pitt is shooting free-throws. They make the first to make it 64-62 but miss the second...Pitt eventually gets the rebound and kicks it out to a guy who pump-fakes on a three then loses control of the ball, which is stolen by Marquette with 3.5 secs left...game over, right? No! The refs call a foul on Marquette and put Pitt at the line to shoot two...Pitt makes it and the score is 64-64, and we are headed to overtime. There was no foul; the refs even had to take a minute to go over to the sideline to figure out who they were going to credit for the foul

AggieJohn
01-21-2007, 05:17 PM
yeah i'm listening to this right now

CalallenWildcat
01-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah i'm listening to this right now

It's on CBS if you are near a TV

CalallenWildcat
01-21-2007, 05:19 PM
The ridiculous thing is that the TV guys had pointed out the two people who were closest to the alleged foul...and the guy credited for the foul wasn't one of them.

Gobbla2001
01-21-2007, 05:26 PM
basketall has gone from a great contact sport to a sissy "don't touch an opposing player because we're helping turn Americans into *ussies" sport...

I love basketball (Esspecially those Spurs, Tarheels and 'Horns), but I'm getting tired of the *ussy fouls...

AggieJohn
01-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
basketall has gone from a great contact sport to a sissy "don't touch an opposing player because we're helping turn Americans into *ussies" sport...

I love basketball (Esspecially those Spurs, Tarheels and 'Horns), but I'm getting tired of the *ussy fouls... yep, i was watching the dallas/miami game and it was so un-physical

CalallenWildcat
01-21-2007, 05:32 PM
Marquette ends up winning by three.