PDA

View Full Version : Talking about Dynasties

PhiI C
12-03-2002, 12:41 PM
I know there was a discussion on dynasties in 3A football even though I don't think anyone really qualifies for a dynasty yet which is just my opinion. I checked history though in other sports and some dynasties were Notre Dame in College football in the 20's and 40's and UCLA in college basketball in the 60's and the Boston Celtics in pro basketball in the late 50's and 60's but the most remarkable dynasty in sports may be in women's college soccer. The competition was started in 1982 with a real playoff system (not just poll opinions that benefited ND) and in the past twenty years North Carolina has been national champions 16 of the past twenty years! The four years they did not win they made the four finalists everytime and played in the championship three times! Plus they are playing this weekend in Austin for the national championship as one of the four finalist again! Now this is a dynasty. The semi final games are in Austin this Friday and the final game is this Sunday in Austin. I know many of you are going to games this Saturday but maybe you might consider staying over and making these games since Texas doesn't host these games very often and it may be a while before they host them again even though if we can get a good crowd turnout that might bring them back. Anyway something for everyone to think about. Sorry this isn't about football but there might be someone interested in attending. You can get the information at www.TexasSports.com (http://www.TexasSports.com) then click soccer and it will have the information on the games you need! Good luck to everyone left in the playoffs!

PhiI C
12-03-2002, 12:47 PM
The web site is www.texassports.com. (http://www.texassports.com.) Hopefully it will show up on this reply. If not email me and I will get it to you.

PhiI C
12-03-2002, 12:49 PM
Well let me try one final time to give it to you this way. It is texassports between the www and com. :) It this doesn't work email me if interested. whew! :)

eye of the tiger
12-03-2002, 10:10 PM
The link works for me Phil. And I think most countries consider soccer as football so the post is kinda sorta about football.