PDA

View Full Version : OSU Running back calls for split title

Emerson1
01-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Antonio Pittman (OSU RB) calls for the split NC during his NFL announcement this week.

"We had a great year. Everybody seen how we started out, how we finished. You know, just the one loss don't take away from a great team. If you want to add up all the numbers, Florida had one loss, too. So I think it should be a split for the national championship, honestly."

I didn't know he was related to Matt Leinart

coach
01-20-2007, 08:22 PM
if thats the case then shouldnt boise st be the champs after all they have no losses

hawkfan
01-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Antonio Pittman (OSU RB) calls for the split NC during his NFL announcement this week.

"We had a great year. Everybody seen how we started out, how we finished. You know, just the one loss don't take away from a great team. If you want to add up all the numbers, Florida had one loss, too. So I think it should be a split for the national championship, honestly."

I didn't know he was related to Matt Leinart

Sounds like he is just in denial that they got thier @#$%# kicked.

NDFootball
01-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Amazing...

I didn't know you won National Championships for getting stomped. :thinking:

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-21-2007, 03:07 AM
oh my God!!! thats the funniest thing i have read all day!! wat a tool. this goes to show how much our society has gone downhill with wanting everyone to be winners. tisk tisk tisk.

bobcat1
01-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
oh my God!!! thats the funniest thing i have read all day!! wat a tool. this goes to show how much our society has gone downhill with wanting everyone to be winners. tisk tisk tisk. Me and you. Somebody has sheltered little Antonio from losing his whole life. I have an idea! Let's get together and send him a participation trophy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phil C
01-21-2007, 09:37 AM
What we really need is a real playoff system like the other college football divisions.

Phil C
01-21-2007, 09:55 AM
UT could have claimed the same thing after the Cotton Bowl in 1978. They had the same record as ND who beat them for the MNC. It was just a bad day for UT that lots of teams had that year. Of course we didn't do it but still.
Of course Penn State tried to claim it after the 1969 season. Too bad they didn't play UT when they had the chance since they were first choice for the Cotton Bowl but they decided to go have fun in the sun and Coach Paterno didn't put his foot down like he should have.

bullfrog_alumni_02
01-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I have an idea! Let's get together and send him a participation trophy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: that is a great idea. i wil put in 50 bucks toward the creation of that!!

charlesrixey
01-21-2007, 11:12 AM
I don't remember calling for a split title in 2004 after losing to USC 55-19

what a rediculous statement

i only looked at this thread because i thought it was referring to a split with boise state

burnet44
01-21-2007, 11:20 AM

1. got hit hard by Florida
2. has no chance to win one next year
3. is a crybaby
4. needs drug testing
5. with that reasoning Boise State should win it
6. Michigan lost also NN
7. your helmet warrenty has expired
8. you need a quote to get your name out there
9. you went to the T.O. school of media usage
10. you are not embarressed enough by getting your arse kicked
you have no since of reality
sentenced to life on America's Next Top Dumb Arse

aggie
01-22-2007, 09:42 AM
the funniest thing to me is that he is a junior in college and has the grammar of an elementary school student.