wos fan1
01-19-2007, 05:45 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4483634.html

luvhoops34
01-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Oops.....

wedo
01-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Been hearing about this the past week, now its just official ! LM also has talent no matter what, whoever they get to be the new AD should do good and be pretty happy, b/c Erwin was already making around 94,000 a year. So LM should have some pretty good coaches apply!!!

JR2004
01-19-2007, 08:20 PM
A bit surprising to see him leave this job as it's one of the five best jobs to have in Texas in my opinion. It was odd to see him get the LaMarque job after a mediocre run coaching in his hometown of Hillsboro earlier this decade. I guess most of the time it's just who you know. He can win though at Flower Mound and win big. They have a committment to winning up there and they'll back him pretty well.

Crow22
01-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
A bit surprising to see him leave this job as it's one of the five best jobs to have in Texas in my opinion. It was odd to see him get the LaMarque job after a mediocre run coaching in his hometown of Hillsboro earlier this decade. I guess most of the time it's just who you know. He can win though at Flower Mound and win big. They have a committment to winning up there and they'll back him pretty well.

You don't know much about La Marque do you?

LM is an athlete factory...yes. LM is a place where you will win....yes.

BUT...

The crap that you have to deal with at LM is sometimes overwhelming. Erwin was being crucified by some idiots just last year saying that he was "racist" etc....which is completely idiotic considering the ethnic make up of his team. Bottom line....he didn't want his kids growing up in an environment like LM. I don't blame him. Its CHAOTIC there.....especially in the classroom.

LM is NOT one of the 5 best jobs in Texas....that's laughable....

Great job, Bryan, on parlaying this winning stint into a great situation for you and your family. Good luck at FMM!!

loyalleopard
01-20-2007, 02:27 AM
Good Luck to Bryan and his family.

luvhoops34
01-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Crow22
You don't know much about La Marque do you?

LM is an athlete factory...yes. LM is a place where you will win....yes.

BUT...

The crap that you have to deal with at LM is sometimes overwhelming. Erwin was being crucified by some idiots just last year saying that he was "racist" etc....which is completely idiotic considering the ethnic make up of his team. Bottom line....he didn't want his kids growing up in an environment like LM. I don't blame him. Its CHAOTIC there.....especially in the classroom.

LM is NOT one of the 5 best jobs in Texas....that's laughable....

Great job, Bryan, on parlaying this winning stint into a great situation for you and your family. Good luck at FMM!!

Careful, you'll have the LM faithful all over you for your comments....;)

I heard that Coach Erwin didn't even live in the LM district. Sure can't blame him. Noway would my kids go to school there.

One member of the football team was shot in a drive by and the starting QB was caught out at 2am on a school night with perscription drugs that weren't his.

charlesrixey
01-20-2007, 04:05 PM
I guess that takes him out of the SLC running