PDA

View Full Version : Final Four set for Austin

Green Ranger
03-07-2004, 12:04 PM
Bracket can be looked at: http://www.uil.utexas.edu/ath/bbpair/stateb.html Good luck to all involved and safe travel. Great job Graham and all others who came so far. Graham is a class act with a sharp shooting #11 who ripped off six three pointers. Good Luck Rangers in Austin.

SintonFan
03-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Good luck to the Greenwood Rangers and the West Oso Bears.

barbosa
03-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Seems like a great final four down in Austin. What does Gainsville have. I saw them play in football and they have some spectacular athletes. Don't know what they have as far as B-ball goes but I think they Match up with Greenwood in the semi's. I am from Graham and I saw the Greenwood-Graham game. Here is what I saw from Greenwood.
First of all I don't know how they are the #2 team in state, they sure didn't play like it.
They have an outstanding defensive team with good interior presence with that 6'6 kid. They do lack quickness the only one with a bit of quickness on the team is that #4.
#50-the 6'6 kid is highly overrated. He is just your typical big, tall, strong, kid. Not very quick at all and got out rebounded by a much smaller post player from graham. He is a real good free throw shooter though.
The Greenwood offense relied solely on their PG. #4. He is a heck of a player that has exceptional ball-handling skills. He is basically most of their offense (creating off the dribble). However, #4 did get 24 points dropped on him by the opposing PG (Graham's #11).
That is what I saw from Greenwood Saturday night. I hope they play up to their #2 ranking b/c they are going to have to to beat a very athletic Gainsville squad.
Greenwood represent our region well and bring home the Championship to Region 1.

Ranger Mom
03-07-2004, 02:57 PM
I will have to agree with you. We didn't play like a state ranked team last night!

IMO, #50 is not over-rated. He wasn't playing up to his potential last night (as most of the Greenwood team wasn't). I don't know if it was nerves, or what. They just weren't clicking last night. They are damn lucky to walk out with the trophy.

However....they beat everyone they had to beat to be the Region I champions...so they DO deserve that trophy!

On the other hand...everytime #11 had the ball in his hands I was a basket case. That kid is AWESOME!!!

It was a game that could have gone either way at any given time...can Greenwood move on?? Only time will tell...but I am still as proud as I can be that they made it this far!

Leopards,class of 75
03-07-2004, 03:28 PM
This should be some good games in Austin! For the Gainesville Leopards, they will be making their 4th trip to Austin in the past 5 years. they won the state title in 2002.

MonkeyJoe
03-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Gainesvilles team has no height...their posts are 6'1 and 6'3. Nothing like the 6'6' posts they have when thay won state in 2002. They are very and i mean VERY qiuck. just about Every varsity player can dunk it. they arent a selfish team they make the extra passes. they love shooting the 3's. And when they get on fire watch out. Manuel and Atkins will light it up. Peters and Franklin are the posts they are very athletic and will take the charge like no other. the play very physical and if they think that they are getting fouled and pushed around, they will dish it right back at cha! Those are just the starters they play like 10-12 people a game. very deep bench.
If you can stop the fast break points, you have a good chance at winning, because they get steals and turn them into points like no team i have ever seen. home run passes across court, and alley-oop plays always seem to get the crowd loud and the team rollin !

exbccards76'smom
03-07-2004, 04:38 PM
Just want to wish my Kountze Lions good luck in Austin. Let's go all the way this year!!

venomous tat2
03-07-2004, 06:03 PM
this is just my thoughts so don't anybody get mad. first congrats to all the 3A reps. the kountze-west oso game is kountze all the way west-o didn't face the type of teams the lions played
and a lot of fans don't realize a tuff schedule
gets you ready for this level. second if gainsville wins on thurs based on what i read this will be one hell of a game on sat.

A 100% RATTLER pulling for reg 3.

exbccards76'smom
03-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Thanks!!

Kountze really took it to Houston Milby. I am proud of them for the season they have had. I hope the game is on the radio...I have to work Thursday!!

MonkeyJoe
03-07-2004, 09:37 PM
G-Ville VS. K-Town...rematch of 2002's state title game...and it'll be the same outcome too !

<small>[ March 07, 2004, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: MonkeyJoe ]</small>