PDA

View Full Version : Stupid computer question

Ranger Mom
01-19-2007, 11:08 AM
My boss asked me this and I can't figure out what they have done wrong.

They have a laptop they want to hook a regular monitor up to, but it's not working.

Are they going to need a driver for the monitor? I thought all that was pretty much plug and play these days.

When they hook it up, the laptop doesn't acknowledge the new monitor at all.

Is there something else to try? A step they are missing?

They brought it all up here, so......you know who gets to mess with it now.....ME!!:mad:

kaorder1999
01-19-2007, 11:14 AM
you have to go to the Control Panel and select Display I believe and there is something there that has to be done

HAN SING
01-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
My boss asked me this and I can't figure out what they have done wrong.

They have a laptop they want to hook a regular monitor up to, but it's not working.

Are they going to need a driver for the monitor? I thought all that was pretty much plug and play these days.

When they hook it up, the laptop doesn't acknowledge the new monitor at all.

Is there something else to try? A step they are missing?

They brought it all up here, so......you know who gets to mess with it now.....ME!!:mad: Han Know what to do. QUIT JOB!! Tell boss to shove it! Make more money dancing at night. Han will come support you! http://bonanza.brokenwheelranch.com/Victor_Sen_Yung.jpg

kaorder1999
01-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Control Panel, Display then Advanced or something like that. I remember doing it once with my laptop!

Snyder_TigerFan
01-19-2007, 11:17 AM
You can also try pressing the function key (FN) with one of the 'F1-F10' keys to change the display so that it outputs to the monitor.

kaorder1999
01-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
You can also try pressing the function key (FN) with one of the 'F1-F10' keys to change the display so that it outputs to the monitor.

that is correct

APierce248
01-19-2007, 11:18 AM
You need to do the following:

right click on the desktop
click on properties
click on the settings tab
click on the number 2 box in the middle
drag it over towards the number 1 box
A put up menu will arise asking you if you want to activate the second monitor, click yes
drag the second monitor to where you have it set up in reference to your laptop screen.

I have done this to my laptop, so if you need anything else just reply and i will tell you what i can

kaorder1999
01-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by APierce248
You need to do the following:

right click on the desktop
click on properties
click on the settings tab
click on the number 2 box in the middle
drag it over towards the number 1 box
A put up menu will arise asking you if you want to activate the second monitor, click yes
drag the second monitor to where you have it set up in reference to your laptop screen.

I have done this to my laptop, so if you need anything else just reply and i will tell you what i can

now that is detail!!!

Ranger Mom
01-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Okay..thanks guys!!

Off I go!