PDA

View Full Version : what ever happened to global warming?

dogdad
01-19-2007, 01:36 AM
give me some of it
I'm tired of being cold

LitanyofFury
01-19-2007, 01:54 AM
According to Al "I invented the internet" Gore, the cold weather is global warming too. . .:rolleyes:

mistanice
01-19-2007, 02:12 AM
The last snowfall recorded at Los Angeles International Airport was in January 1962, according to the National Weather Service. Trace amounts -- less than 0.5 inches -- were reported, according to the NWS.

Snow fell earlier Wednesday in Malibu and caused traffic problems on the area's winding and narrow roads. Sleet made driving treacherous on Kanan Dume Road, a steep route through the Santa Monica Mountains where it's more typical to see beach-bound cars loaded with surfboards than a snowplow.

Txbroadcaster
01-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Even though the last week or so has seen a cold front hit the entire nation, this winter has been a warm one. Oil prices have dropped to 50 dollars because the US and other countries have such a surplus right now because lack of cold weather this winter.

Not saying it is Global Warming by any means, just pointing out it has not been a cold winter

Highschoolfan78
01-19-2007, 09:58 AM
It's happening over in Russia for sure.. or something is... The bears came out of Hibernation early. It's not snowy white as usual.

Gobbla2001
01-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Northern Europe had an ice-age end in the 1800's... must have been because of all of those ships sailing across the Atlantic...

A couple of years ago they said that Britain had received the highest temperatures they have had in 500 years...

Why was it that hot 500 years ago?

Answer: Oxen kept farting...

I just heard they said it's caused by all of our livestock... better get used to eating green beans and potatoes...

espn1
01-19-2007, 10:37 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: Global Warming (http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2007/01/04.html)

Gobbla2001
01-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Northern Europe had an ice-age end in the 1800's... must have been because of all of those ships sailing across the Atlantic...

And if you like your history, and your beer and whiskey, here's something for you... This Ice-Age is a big reason why 90% of all alcohol consumed in America is either beer or Whiskey...

The Ice-Age over there impacted Southern Europe as well, but not as bad as Northern Europe... In Northern Europe the grapes etc... wouldn't grow for crap... So the Northern Europeans were making alcoholic beverages from the grains etc..., which means more Whiskey and Beer was being made in Northern Europe and no wine whatsoever...

But in South France and Italy etc..., they were still able to grow their grapes though the winters were very harsh there as well...

The Northern Europeans, tired of the Ice-Age, were the earliest to go across the Atlantic... The more Southern Europeans had decent springs and summers so they stayed...

So for over 200 years, these Norther Europeans had been making beer and whiskey, and they came to the Americas in the boat loads... so they brought with them their beer and whiskey techniques...