PDA

View Full Version : Gridiron Gang

theyoefnshow
01-19-2007, 12:45 AM
WOW. Just got through watching it and I gotta give my thoughts.

First of all, as a huge wrestling fan, I am ALWAYS very critical when it comes to any movie starring wrestlers (the Rock's movies, See No Evil, The Marine, guest stars on tv shows, etc...) and have a hard time getting away from seeing "John Cena" on screen instead of the character he's playing. Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson also received the same thing. Scorpion King, Doom, the Rundown.....I just couldn't see past "the Rock." Walking Tall came close but not close enough. Gridiron Gang busted down that wall within minutes.

This is one of the best football flicks I"ve ever seen. The characters are all flawed from the get go (Rock included) and the fact that it's based on a true story gives it a bit more meaning. The acting is excellent and the emotion in all involved shows true from start to finish. I won't give away the ending for those who haven't seen it but this one ranks up there w/ Remember the Titans and surpasses Varsisty Blues. $14.99 at Wal Mart. Go check it out, you WILL NOT be disapointed.

piratebg
01-19-2007, 12:47 AM
I'll probably check this one out this weekend. Thanks for the review. :)

formermbcouns
01-19-2007, 12:58 AM
I also thought it was a very good movie. I was surprised with how good "The Rock" was in it.

eagles_victory
01-19-2007, 01:14 AM
I thought it was good but not outstanding about what I expected

sweetwater07
01-19-2007, 09:19 AM
emotions run high in movie...i saw it in theater and was very imnpressed with the acting and story line....i give two thumbs up as well!!

espn1
01-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
emotions run high in movie...i saw it in theater and was very imnpressed with the acting and story line....i give two thumbs up as well!! Double Ditto!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
01-19-2007, 11:06 AM
A great movie, but I liked Varsity Blues because it's something that more athletes can related to. Overall, a great movie and would watch it again.