PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 picks

wildstangs
07-28-2003, 10:22 PM
Look pretty good to me. Somebody goofed though and put Ballinger in 3-3A, in addition to their normal district. Greenwood has all the makings to have a great run, they just better not get to cocky. Decatur has some great players back this year, but I am not convinced yet. No offense to them or their fans at all, but I am going to wait a few weeks into the season to see how they are doing. Would like to see Merkel in the playoffs also. Its very possible if they dont choke like they did last year.

Greenwoodbro
07-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Greenwood aint going to get cocky.

wildstangs
07-28-2003, 10:53 PM
Cant wait for the Sweetwater - Greenwood game in the Bowl this year. 3 out of the 4 times Sweetwater has played Greenwood, it has been close. Hope we have another one!

VWG
07-28-2003, 11:03 PM
It will be something Greenwood will have to contend with. Maybe not being "cocky", but their overall district appears pretty weak. They should roll through district and this could cause them to go into a lull towards the playoffs.
Coaching staff will have to keep them focused, and I am sure they can.

Greenwoodbro
07-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Yeah for the game in the bowl in Sweetwater, but Micheal aint playin and he seemed to be ya'lls whole team last year. But we'll see.

Ranger Mom
07-29-2003, 03:37 PM
Greenwoodbro:
Yeah for the game in the bowl in Sweetwater, but Micheal aint playin and he seemed to be ya'lls whole team last year. But we'll see.Greenwood Bro, if you are saying Carillo is all they had, that's not saying much for Greenwood. Both times we played them the score was close, and could have easily gone their way. If Carillo was their only "good" player, I would hate to see what the score would have been if the other Mustang players were any "good".

And.....you already ARE sounding cocky. I am not the only Greenwood Fan that has noticed this!! There may not be a lot of Greenwood posters on here, but there are SEVERAL fans who come here and read only!

Ranger Mom
07-29-2003, 03:39 PM
wildstangs:
Cant wait for the Sweetwater - Greenwood game in the Bowl this year. 3 out of the 4 times Sweetwater has played Greenwood, it has been close. Hope we have another one!Wildstangs,

Is this game Sweetwater's homecoming?? I know ours is the weekend before when we play Shallowater.

Da Mules
07-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Well, I'm still quite surprised to see Muleshoe ranked 7th in Region 1 pre-season. I hope somebody knows something I don't...I keep saying the pollsters are a year too early on this young team. 2-3A is currently a weak district. Some of the Mule faithful would like to see a little tougher pre-season schedule. We are all hoping that the Mules have got back the kick they had in 2000.
Slaton has a new coach (V Kilmer, formerly the fire-eating defensive coordinator at Muleshoe.) I predict that the 31-game Slaton Slide bottoms out this year, and turns the corner in the next 2.

wildstangs
07-29-2003, 09:30 PM
Is this game Sweetwater's homecoming?? I know ours is the weekend before when we play Shallowater.[/QB][/QUOTE]

I dont think it is. Sweetwater usually has theirs later in the season, and not against a team like Greenwood.

wildstangs
07-29-2003, 09:31 PM
Greenwoodbro:
Yeah for the game in the bowl in Sweetwater, but Micheal aint playin and he seemed to be ya'lls whole team last year. But we'll see.Do me a favor GreenwoodFro. Go in the Greenwood locker room before the game and tell all the players that Sweetwater is nothing without Carrillo. I guarantee you they will be shocked after the game.

Chief Woodman
07-29-2003, 11:35 PM
I can vouch for wildstangs that Carrillo was not their only good player. When we met, he only had 60 yards rushing...and Sweetwater still won. Wasn't like they only had 60 yards of total "O" that day either.

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-30-2003, 12:13 AM
I agree with the Chief here. When Vernon played Sweetwater, the entire team played well. I don't know how many they have back though?

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-30-2003, 12:32 AM
It is so early to say now, without any practices, without any games played..who knows really? I was a little suprised by the district 5 picks. Iowa Park was very strong last year and returns a lot of starters. Graham not only has the athletes but great coaching. Living in Vernon with a son that plays I can only speak from watching him since jr. high and they should have a great season. They will have a much improved team over last year. I see them fighting with Graham and Iowa Park for the District Championship.

Don't know much about Childress, Breck and Bowie.

slpybear the bullfan
07-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Chief Woodman:
I can vouch for wildstangs that Carrillo was not their only good player. When we met, he only had 60 yards rushing...and Sweetwater still won. Wasn't like they only had 60 yards of total "O" that day either.I watched that game as well... It seems like Sweetwater had enough of a Defense to keep Decatur a little off balance. They combined that with some turnovers and stayed close.

I can't remember a lot about Sweetwater's offense, other than they had a really SWEET option that Carillo led.