PDA

View Full Version : NCAA BCS POLL

jason
12-07-2003, 07:22 PM
i hear theres some controversy on who is/should be playin...lets see what you guys think...

Phil C
12-07-2003, 07:26 PM
I'm going to have think on this a while Jason. You choices or legit but you know how I feel about not having a real playoff system.

jason
12-07-2003, 07:27 PM
yeah..but thats not gonna happen this year, so you have to have an opinion on whats goin on now, dont you???

therealbulldogs
12-08-2003, 12:09 AM
ttt

Steve
12-08-2003, 12:48 AM
Ok you might have been undefeated, but if you get beat by the #13 team in the nation you shouldnt be able to play in the Sugar Bowl..just my opinion. But like high school if you are undefeated and get into the playoffs and loose to a 2nd or 3rd place team you wont get to play in the state game...Not the same as BCS but im just tryin to get a point across.

jason
12-08-2003, 07:26 PM
ttt

thatboy
12-08-2003, 07:40 PM
I believe it should be LSU and OU because they both have 1 loss first of all. And LSU plays in the best conference and i believe OU is the best team and they've showed it throughout the year.(Except for that let down on Saturday).

thatboy
12-08-2003, 07:43 PM
i know usc has 1 loss too. But it was to unranked California.

crzyjournalist03
12-08-2003, 07:45 PM
thatboy:
i know usc has 1 loss too. But it was to unranked California.true, but it was in triple OT...I think it should be OU-USC...I think that the reason the polls dropped OU to third was in hopes that it would keep USC in the title game...I know it sounds a little crazy, but that's my opinion on the matter.

husker_football_fan
12-08-2003, 07:46 PM
OU while not being the big 12 champ should play for the title and deserve to. The way I see this is the best way that these three teams could have played it out. The winner of the OU, LSU should be a national champ. If USC wins they should win it also. Splitting it is the only fair way with out a play off. I may be wrong (been wrong in the past) I dont know if USC can pull it off in the Rose bowl. That would leave one national champ and the BCS worked(a little bit). I am not a sooner fan but they are a great team who played a tough schedule. USC's schedule looke like a "has been" list of teams.

aamove
12-08-2003, 10:18 PM
This shows the flaws in the BCS system. Although the top four teams in the country are playing each other. If Michigan wins, then the OU, LSU game will produce the champion. If the Wolverines lose then it's up in the air.

3afan2K3
12-08-2003, 10:20 PM
There is a guy with a sign on Monday Night Raw(a wrestling show) that has BCS on it with the C crossed out.......BCS

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

98Eagle
12-08-2003, 10:45 PM
USC had a cupcake schedule, Auburn, BYU, Hawaii, Cal-L, Arizona St., Stanford, Notre Dame, Washington, #14Washington St., Arizona, UCLA, Oregon St.

Oklahoma had much stronger opponents; N. Texas, Alabama, Fresno St., UCLA, Iowa St., #5Texas, Mizzo, Colorado, #22Oklahoma St., Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech, #10Kansas St.-L

I'm a Longhorn fan, therefore hate the Sooners but in my opinion they deserve to be in the championship game because they have the 11th strongest schedule in the country and lost to #10 Kansas State and not an unranked Cal team.

slpybear the bullfan
12-08-2003, 10:55 PM
LSU had to PLAY there way into the game.

How OU can play for a national championship and not win their conference is beyond me...

Please Lord, bring us an 8 team playoff...

jason
12-08-2003, 10:59 PM
slpybear the bullfan:
LSU had to PLAY there way into the game.

How OU can play for a national championship and not win their conference is beyond me...

Please Lord, bring us an 8 team playoff...16 i think would be better...

BigDog
12-08-2003, 11:10 PM
Look at it this way - If all three schools lost their only game the last game of the season how would you rank them!

OU lost to # 10 KU
LSU lost to # 15 Fla
USC lost to unranked Calf.

1. OU
2. LSU
3. USC

Case closed!

jason
12-08-2003, 11:39 PM
BigDog:
Look at it this way - If all three schools lost their only game the last game of the season how would you rank them!

OU lost to # 10 KU
LSU lost to # 15 Fla

1. OU
2. LSU
3. USC

Case closed!yeah, u cant penalize OU just cause they lost the last game of the season...it gives them 1 loss just like the other two, and everybody had them ranked #1 when all the teams were undefeated, so y should it be different now that they have 1 loss each....i think it turned out the way it should have...

lepfan
12-08-2003, 11:58 PM
jason:

BigDog:

OU lost to # 10 KU
LSU lost to # 15 Fla

1. OU
2. LSU
3. USC

Case closed!yeah, u cant penalize OU just cause they lost the last game of the season...it gives them 1 loss just like the other two, and everybody had them ranked #1 when all the teams were undefeated, so y should it be different now that they have 1 loss each....i think it turned out the way it should have...At least someone is making some sense :D

kaorder1999
12-09-2003, 01:07 AM
i hate it when people complain every year...they (NCAA) arent going to change for a while...we just have to get used to it

spiveyrat
12-09-2003, 07:51 AM
BigDog:

OU lost to # 10 KU
LSU lost to # 15 Fla

1. OU
2. LSU
3. USC

Case closed!That would be KSU, not KU. Two different schools. That's like mistaking UT for ATM.

With that said, I was also thinking along your line of reasoning.

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

jason
12-09-2003, 07:54 AM
kaorder1999:
i hate it when people complain every year...they (NCAA) arent going to change for a while...we just have to get used to iti think its turned out fine...USC shouldnt have lost to Cal and they wouldnt have to worry...at least OU lost to a state ranked team, it just happened to be in the last game and I dont think they should be penalized for that...you're right though, we just have to live with it for 2 more years...

what bowl game did UT get? who are they playin?

playa 3
12-09-2003, 09:27 AM
I thnk Oklahoma is still the best team in the country, despite thier little set-back against Kansas State. LSU did play a much tougher conference schedule than USC, and they are more than deserving of being in the National Championship game against Oklahoma. All three teams understand that if they take care of their business they won't have to worry about all the things that could go wrong. None of them did, so it was in the air. Whether it is fair or not doesn't really matter, because everyone knows what the system can produce if there aren't two teams that for sure deserve the National Title game.

onfirebball05mustang
12-09-2003, 09:31 AM
No matter what, all i have to say is go OU!!! Great season so far, lets keep it goin'!

playa 3
12-09-2003, 09:36 AM
I have to agree, Oklahoma is still going to be the favorite because they have absolutely dominated all year. LSU will be all they can handle though. All of the BCS games should be good ones this year. The Ohio State-Kansas State game could be a little lopsided. I don't know why Ohio State is ranked so high anyway. I think they are way overrated and Kansas State will score too many points for Ohio State to keep up.

JasperDog94
12-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Texas got royally shafted in the bowl selections. Texas is the #5 team in the nation and they get the Holiday Bowl on Dec. 30? What a joke! :mad:

playa 3
12-09-2003, 10:41 AM
I agree with that. I am not a huge Texas fan, but you have to pick them over Ohio State. Texas will bring a huge fan base and they are much more exciting to watch than Ohio State. I was shocked to see Ohio State in a BCS game and Texas on the outside looking in.

BigDog
12-09-2003, 02:06 PM
It's the rule only 2 teams from a conference in the BCS games! Tenn is who got the shaft! Who wants to see Miami and Fla State again and they play each other to start the season next year. They should have matched Tenn and Fla State a rematch of the Championship game a few years back!
SEC is one of the toughest conferences and they only get one team in the BCS games! Go Figure!!

Lets match USC and the winner of OU and LSU in Texas Stadium and settle it on the field.

playa 3
12-09-2003, 02:31 PM
I would have to agree with that too. I didn't know about the only 2 teams rule. Tennesse woul dbe much better than Ohio State. I also agree with Miami and Florida State not playin again. They have already played once this year. It would be nice to see some match-ups that don't happen during the regualr season.

crzyjournalist03
12-09-2003, 02:38 PM
playa 3:
I would have to agree with that too. I didn't know about the only 2 teams rule. Tennesse woul dbe much better than Ohio State. I also agree with Miami and Florida State not playin again. They have already played once this year. It would be nice to see some match-ups that don't happen during the regualr season.true, but I think Texas was even more deserving of a BCS game than Tennessee...Texas would be in the Fiesta Bowl if KSU hadn't had that great game on Saturday!

playa 3
12-09-2003, 03:21 PM
Ya, Texas got tossed out because of the "2 teams per conference" rule. That is sad to because Texas was deserving of a BCS bowl. I would rather see Texas play Florida State. Those teams never match-up, and that would be a great game to watch. Texas will just have to learn to not lose 2 games in a year and they won't have to worry about it.

JasperDog94
12-09-2003, 04:18 PM
playa 3:
Texas will just have to learn to not lose 2 games in a year and they won't have to worry about it.The truth hurts... :confused: frown