PDA

View Full Version : Another Reason Atlanta and Vick are going no where

burnet44
01-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Vick's water bottle raises suspicion at airport

NFL.com wire reports

ATLANTA (Jan. 18, 2007) -- Michael Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at Miami International Airport that contained a residue "closely associated with marijuana." Police said that no charges immediately were filed.

The 26-year-old Atlanta Falcons quarterback entered an airport concourse with the 20-ounce bottle. He eventually handed it over and boarded his flight to Atlanta. But his initial reluctance to turn over the bottle aroused suspicion among airport security screeners, a police report said.

Two Transportation Security Administration screeners recognized the 6-foot, 215-pound Vick.

The bottle was found to have a hidden compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," the report said. The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright, police said.

Police said the bottle was sent to the Miami-Dade County crime lab for analysis. It could be weeks before any decision is made on whether to file charges, said Detective Alvaro Zabaleta.

"We'll do an analysis and see what it is. There's no sense of urgency to it," he said.

Vick did not immediately return a phone call.

"We plan to look into the matter and discuss it with Michael Vick before having any further comment," Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said.

Vick's younger brother, Marcus, is a wide receiver for the Miami Dolphins. Michael Vick was the overall No. 1 draft pick in the 2001 NFL draft. In 2006, Michael Vick passed for more than 2,400 yards and also topped 1,000 yards rushing.

g$$
01-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Sad, but not surprising. I heard about this on the radio this morning but didn't get the details. Blatant disregard for the law & plain stupid. His brother is even worse!

kaorder1999
01-18-2007, 12:08 PM
WOW! Amazing. Am I wrong here or is having a hidden compartment in a water bottle like that in an airport in attempt to board a plane a FELONY? I sure thought that was the case!

GreenMonster
01-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
WOW! Amazing. Am I wrong here or is having a hidden compartment in a water bottle like that in an airport in attempt to board a plane a FELONY? I sure thought that was the case! I don't know anything about a felony but it is obviously STUPID. I have a hard time believing that Mike Vick can't find a dealer in Atlanta so why does he need to carry his weed with him anyways? Just the fact that he went to the efforts of creating a hidden compartment in his water bottle should say something.

pirate4state
01-18-2007, 12:21 PM
I think Mike was smoking in the limo before he tried to board his flight and that's where the residue came into play. :thinking:

Or...

I could just not understand what the hell they are talking about.

kaorder1999
01-18-2007, 12:36 PM
an example of one used!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0118071mexico3.jpg

Blastoderm55
01-18-2007, 12:39 PM
So was that his water bong or something? I can't understand why a millionaire couldn't just toss this one and pick up a new one. Give me a break, Mike. :doh:

kaorder1999
01-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
So was that his water bong or something? I can't understand why a millionaire couldn't just toss this one and pick up a new one. Give me a break, Mike. :doh:

Most criminals arent highly intellectual!

Blastoderm55
01-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Most criminals arent highly intellectual!

True, but most aren't this stupid and/or frugal. :p

pirate4state
01-18-2007, 12:43 PM
an example of one used!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0118071mexico3.jpg

I am so confused, but this is nothing new!!! :confused: :D

kaorder1999
01-18-2007, 12:44 PM
the bottles are cut in order to allow a space behind the label where there is no water and you can hide things in there. And when the top is placed on the bottom of the bottle it just looks like a full bottle of water.

piratebg
01-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Not a good day for Mike. So what ever happened to Marcus Vick?

burnet44
01-18-2007, 01:50 PM
marcus is Don Mexico
mike is Ron Mexico

pirate4state
01-18-2007, 02:09 PM
the bottles are cut in order to allow a space behind the label where there is no water and you can hide things in there. And when the top is placed on the bottom of the bottle it just looks like a full bottle of water.

Thank you for explaining that to me. I was clueless. Imagine that!

Blastoderm55
01-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Thank you for explaining that to me. I was clueless. Imagine that!

Been a while since you've hid your stuff, eh? ;)

pirate4state
01-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Been a while since you've hid your stuff, eh? ;)

:eek: :eek: Stuff? What stuff?? :p :smoker:

DU_stud04
01-18-2007, 03:15 PM
surprised someone hasn't tried to call him a thug:rolleyes: :rolleyes: