PDA

View Full Version : Aransas Pass Goes to 3A Regionals in Kingsville

Phil C
02-26-2003, 10:13 AM
Last nights results were Aransas Pass 63 West Oso 51, San Diego 49 Carrizo Springs 43, Edna 54 S.A. West 49 and the Gonzales - Wimberly game was ppd. Aransas Pass is to play Edna in the first Regional game and San Diego is to play the winner of the Gonzales - Wimberly game with the two winners meeting in the final game to determine who goes to state. Aransas Pass would have to be favored because it seems they are starting to get it together now. San Diego could be the surprise team and if AP is not at their best they could surprise and go to state. San Diego is well coached and their fans will be at the game with much vocal support. The San Diego players play very hard and give it all they got and they are fast and quick and can kill you with their three pointers which help open it up for lay ups underneath the basket. The only thing that keeps them from being a super team is lack of height. If they could have one of their players be about six inches taller they would be a strong contender and if they could have two the state championship would be theirs. Lack of height is going to beat them soon. I would say Aransas Pass is the favorite right now to go to state.

Chris Hart
02-26-2003, 01:59 PM
Phil, I know Aransas Pass is a very good team and probably the favorite by most people in Reg.4, but I would definately not count Wimberley out just yet. Them boys can play some very good ball when they are at full strength. I look for them and Aransas Pass to meet for the Reg.4 title, but I could be wrong.

Phil C
02-26-2003, 04:28 PM
Thank you Chris. I don't know anything about Wimberly or Edna since I haven't seen them play. Can you give us any information on Edna? Of course all 4 teams must be good to have been able to get this far and anything can happen.

Chris Hart
02-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Phil, it is plain to see you knew more about it than I did, because Wimberley lost to Gonzales tonight. I don't go watch any basketball, but I do follow the local teams in the papers and I thought Wimberley had a really good chance of making it to Austin. Maybe I should just stick to football where I am more knowledgeable.lol

I'll be pulling for Aransas Pass from here out, although I don't see anybody staying within 15 points of Everman, but maybe A.P. will prove me wrong. :)

Phil C
02-27-2003, 09:36 AM
Thank you Chris but I think you give me too much credit because I didn't know much about Gonzales or Kimberly either. I also don't know much about Edna but I have seen Aransas Pass and San Diego play and from what I see Aransas Pass should be favored but with four good teams like that anything can happen especially if Aransas Pass has an off night which might have happened to Wimberly. I know when Aransas Pass played Sinton in Sinton that they had an off night and Sinton played hard and came close to pulling an upset. With just under two minutes to play Aransas Pass had a three point lead and with the way Sinton was hitting their three pointers they might have pulled it off but then Aransas Pass started stalling and Sinton had to take a chance and do some fouling and the game got away from them. Gonzales has to be a factor too since the team that could beat Wimberly must be very good. San Diego will be tough but I think the lack of height is going to catch up with them at this tournament.