PDA

View Full Version : Laporte 7, Baytown Sterling 0 (T.J. Mills wins)

sinton66
08-31-2003, 11:23 PM
Former Sealy coach T.J. Mills gets his first win at Laporte.

<small>[ August 31, 2003, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

RBARKER
09-01-2003, 12:07 AM
I saw the score on this and was shocked. Baytown Sterling is horible and have not made the playoffs in 17 years. Laport is usually pretty good.TJ looks to have a lot of work to do with this team.

sinton66
09-01-2003, 12:10 AM
Yea, but T.J. runs the wing-t. That is a very difficult offense to install. Takes a good solid year to get it right.

xlr8tor
09-01-2003, 01:38 AM
I just hope that LaPorte is a little more longsuffering that Permian. Just my take.

sinton66
09-01-2003, 08:08 AM
Don't know for sure, but perhaps Permian didn't really want to return to the wing-t. 5A's usually aren't satisfied with a run-oriented offense these days. Most think it's way too conservative. The wing-t is a run-oriented, ball control offense. I don't think T.J. got to take his best assistants with him either, though not sure about that. You have to have assistants that know the scheme too. No doubt, the man is a very good coach. I wish him the best of luck at Laporte.

Pudlugger
09-01-2003, 08:25 AM
sinton66:
Don't know for sure, but perhaps Permian didn't really want to return to the wing-t. 5A's usually aren't satisfied with a run-oriented offense these days. Most think it's way too conservative. The wing-t is a run-oriented, ball control offense. I don't think T.J. got to take his best assistants with him either, though not sure about that. You have to have assistants that know the scheme too. No doubt, the man is a very good coach. I wish him the best of luck at Laporte.Well, I personally think the Wing-T when working smoothly is a beautiful sight to see. Counter plays, bootleg passess , dive plays and option plays combined with good old slobbernosed hitting is my kind of football. Good luck to T,J. and Laporte. :)

sinton66
09-01-2003, 08:38 AM
I totally agree, Pudlugger. When Davenport was at Sinton, that offense was a beautiful sight to see. When my wife started going to the games, she would complain that she couldn't follow the ball on the field. I'd just grin and say "but Honey, THAT'S a GOOD thing!" Obviously, if you can't tell where the ball went sitting in the stands, nobody on the field knew either!

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

hsfan
09-01-2003, 06:59 PM
somebody from perm. told me that t.j. ran the houston cougar veer.whatever he runs it take a little time to install,look what he did at sealy.

sinton66
09-01-2003, 07:04 PM
If that's true, I would guess that it was not his choice to make, but I don't have any way to know for sure unless I run into Davenport somewhere, they are friends. It was definitely the wing-t at Sealy.

<small>[ September 01, 2003, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>